Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

With today's announced Rhapsody and Majesty re-deployments further hints were given toward summer 2017 deployment.

2017 Summer Deployment predictions based on 2016-17 deployment.

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Speculated deployment

Allure, year-round Port Everglades

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, Port Everglades likely

Harmony, European deployment, Barcelona

Indy, European deployment, Southampton likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton likely

Oasis, Port Canaveral likely year-round deployment

Serenade, European deployment, likely Copenhagen

With today's deployment and Rhapsody booked to Civitavecchia, that makes Jewel more of a wild card for the summer. RCI were one ship down in Europe until they re-deployed Rhapsody.

With the Majesty deployment to Port Canaveral, that could have some relationship as to which if any Oasis Class ship will go to Barcelona for the summer. Could Majesty allow them to send Oasis over or is Harmony still the most likely?

Is Liberty year round in Galveston confirmed? Would that mean she might get Freestyle coke machines?

All we know is Liberty is in Galveston until early 2017.

No idea about Freestyle machines. Navigator has been year round in Galveston for a while, and no Freestyle machines there.

With today's announced Rhapsody and Majesty re-deployments further hints were given toward summer 2017 deployment.

2017 Summer Deployment predictions based on 2016-17 deployment.

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Speculated deployment

Allure, year-round Port Everglades

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, Port Everglades likely

Harmony, European deployment, Barcelona

Indy, European deployment, Southampton likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton likely

Oasis, Port Canaveral likely year-round deployment

Serenade, European deployment, likely Copenhagen

With today's deployment and Rhapsody booked to Civitavecchia, that makes Jewel more of a wild card for the summer. RCI were one ship down in Europe until they re-deployed Rhapsody.

With the Majesty deployment to Port Canaveral, that could have some relationship as to which if any Oasis Class ship will go to Barcelona for the summer. Could Majesty allow them to send Oasis over or is Harmony still the most likely?

Even after they make announcements and publicize booking schedules and accept reservations....THEY change things.....so OUR speculation is worse than any guessing game.

Even after they make announcements and publicize booking schedules and accept reservations....THEY change things.....so OUR speculation is worse than any guessing game.

I would imagine you might be happy about the current changes.

I always mention to those that are impatient for deployment, that it is always better for them to get it right the first time and avoid re-deployments.

I think they have made a wise move with Rhapsody as this will also solve their shortage of ships in Europe with the departure of Splendour from the fleet.

Is Liberty year round in Galveston confirmed? Would that mean she might get Freestyle coke machines?

The only evidence past April of 2017 currently is that they have booked Liberty at the port of Grand Cayman thru the end of 2018.

RCI seem not to have been very good about following their original plan for all North American based ships to have Coca Cola Freestyle machines. They do not show it listed for Liberty on the dining chart in the latest brochure.

I always mention to those that are impatient for deployment, that it is always better for them to get it right the first time and avoid re-deployments.

I think they have made a wise move with Rhapsody as this will also solve their shortage of ships in Europe with the departure of Splendour from the fleet.

How do you know Rhapsody does not stay in Tampa for summer

How do you know Rhapsody does not stay in Tampa for summer

They show the 16 night, April 29th 2017, TA to Rome on the RCI webpage at the moment.

It is actually for sale if you click into the sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/16NightTampaToRomeCruise-RH16T045?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2017-04-01&sDateMax=2017-04-30&sailDate=04%2F29%2F2017

They show the 16 night, April 29th 2017, TA to Rome on the RCI webpage at the moment.

It is actually for sale if you click into the sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/16NightTampaToRomeCruise-RH16T045?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2017-04-01&sDateMax=2017-04-30&sailDate=04%2F29%2F2017

Wow, I didn't know TA's for 17 were listed

I am not happy with her move to PC.....I have no desire to drive to PC for a short cruise, or even a long cruise....when I have ships in FLL or Miami for that.

I thought it was foolish of Royal to give up the 3/4 day cruise market for spring to fall 2016 -- when Enchantment left PC to move to Miami. Now they will only lose 4 weeks of those sailings, it appears. The New Her Majesty, with the waterslide (can't figure out where it will go), the DreamWorks characters and the addition of some specialty restaurants, will give it more to offer for families cruising with children -- a little competition for the Disney cruises from PC.

My DH wants to cancel our February 2016 cruise on Her Majesty....I don't agree, since I have NO desire to drive to PC to cruise on her....and in MY mind, it likely is MY last cruise on her....and we will greatly enjoy it.

I am sure plenty of people are cancelling the cruise they booked on that last weekend in April 2016, since now it isn't the ships final cruise.

I am awaiting some responses from people who I know at Royal Corp. I will share with everyone what I hear....if anything.

I am not happy with her move to PC.....I have no desire to drive to PC for a short cruise, or even a long cruise....when I have ships in FLL or Miami for that.

Well, at least you have plenty of good options in South Florida. If I was in that market I would be looking at the 4 night Jewel post dry dock and then the great new 9/5 night sailings with Navigator from Miami.

Wow, I didn't know TA's for 17 were listed

I actually think the deployment to Europe might have been part of the shuffle. If they would have set Rhapsody in permanent position at PC, they would have been short 1 ship in Europe.

Only the Rhapsody April TA and the Vision repo from Dubai are published already.

I actually think the deployment to Europe might have been part of the shuffle. If they would have set Rhapsody in permanent position at PC, they would have been short 1 ship in Europe.

Only the Rhapsody April TA and the Vision repo from Dubai are published already.

FWIW, based on Harmony slides, I'd think Allure would go back for summer in Med instead of Harmony.

FWIW, based on Harmony slides, I'd think Allure would go back for summer in Med instead of Harmony.

They might all have waterslides by April 2017.

They have already informally announced that Allure and Oasis would get waterslides at a trade event.

http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/water-slides-coming-to-royals-oasis-class-ships/4696005.article

They might all have waterslides by April 2017.

They have already informally announced that Allure and Oasis would get waterslides at a trade event.

http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/water-slides-coming-to-royals-oasis-class-ships/4696005.article

Yep, but where do you think Majesty is getting her slides. ;)

Yep, but where do you think Majesty is getting her slides. ;)

They might do something similar to MSC Preziosa and have an aft entrance over the rock climbing wall and then use the area off the side of the ship to come in for a narrow deck slide exit rather than a pool slide exit.

I am sure the designers at Aquatic Design and Engineering will find a good solution together with the architects.

They might do something similar to MSC Preziosa and have an aft entrance over the rock climbing wall and then use the area off the side of the ship to come in for a narrow deck slide exit rather than a pool slide exit.

I am sure the designers at Aquatic Design and Engineering will find a good solution together with the architects.

You missed the joke. I was surmising that Majesty was going to get the slides that were likely for Allure.

You missed the joke. I was surmising that Majesty was going to get the slides that were likely for Allure.

Funny. That is what I thought when I first read your response.

When I came back an hour later and noted no-one else had chimed in, I decided you might be literal....

Well... the Allure waterslides would dwarf 'Her Majesty' anyway.

Funny. That is what I thought when I first read your response.

When I came back an hour later and noted no-one else had chimed in, I decided you might be literal....

Well... the Allure waterslides would dwarf 'Her Majesty' anyway.

No one ever said that the Allure and Oasis would get same layout as Harmony. I am beginning to believe myself. :eek:

And thanks for calling her by her CC name. :rolleyes:

Edited by John&LaLa

Well, at least you have plenty of good options in South Florida. If I was in that market I would be looking at the 4 night Jewel post dry dock and then the great new 9/5 night sailings with Navigator from Miami.

When DH came home last night, he wanted to cancel our Her Majesty cruise. We were not on the expected final cruise, it was not a good weekend for us so we booked the mid week over Presidents Day in February in a JS. We figured it would be our last cruise on her and we splurged a little and booked a JS. He says he would drive to PC if he wants to cruise on her in the future....not something I want to do.

To me, it is OUR last cruise on her, with her redeployment to PC....its over.

If he was like that, and he is a mild guy -- I can only imagine the irritation others have on this issue. Prices for the final cruise had become a little higher (I think), and sold rather quickly....so people are going to be very irritated in this maneuver -- regardless of the spin put out as to the reasoning, if any reasoning is ever given.