Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

There has been some speculation for the reason that Rhapsody's 10/27/2016 TA cruise is "sold out" To me it seems obvious. Majesty is being located at Port Canaveral, and Rhapsody is moving to Tampa. With that in mind a TA docking in Port Canaveral makes no sense. There are 2 options

1) Re-plan the cruise to end in Tampa

2) Plan a new short cruise from Port Canaveral to Tampa

Till either on of these options are chosen, don't plan on the TA cruise to be available

The TA is officially canceled, is my understanding. Has RCI created another TA on RH? (I haven't been checking.) The person who was furious that it was canceled had only booked it a couple of days before, so I don't quite understand the angst. Annoyed, maybe. Furious???? :eek:

The TA is officially canceled, is my understanding. Has RCI created another TA on RH? (I haven't been checking.) The person who was furious that it was canceled had only booked it a couple of days before, so I don't quite understand the angst. Annoyed, maybe. Furious???? :eek:

as of right now, no other TA has been announced.

I don't recall who was furious, put me in the irritated category. ;):o

Is Rhapsody due for a dry dock?

Rhapsody would have been due for a 5 year mini-dry-dock in March of 2017. The Rhapsody was one of the first revitalizations and was completed at Singapore in March of 2012.

If they were to do a major dry-dock, it would be to add additional cabins or outlets or something else to significantly enhance the ship.

I wonder if it is technically possible to add the forward 'Panoramic' cabins to deck 10 on Vision class ships? (or even aft on deck 10)

as of right now, no other TA has been announced.

If they were going to have a Rhapsody TA that was open to the public, they would have completed plans for that sailing prior to cancelling the current TA, one would hope.

I did notice that they dropped prices on the Jewel TA drastically on Friday.

This indicated to me they wanted to add a value element to entice RH passengers to book Jewel.

They must either have a charter situation or they are doing a working TA following a Cadiz dry dock.

If they were going to have a Rhapsody TA that was open to the public, they would have completed plans for that sailing prior to cancelling the current TA, one would hope.

I did notice that they dropped prices on the Jewel TA drastically on Friday.

This indicated to me they wanted to add a value element to entice RH passengers to book Jewel.

They must either have a charter situation or they are doing a working TA following a Cadiz dry dock.

I'm on the Vision TA in April. We've had 2 price drops this week :D:D

Rhapsody would have been due for a 5 year mini-dry-dock in March of 2017. The Rhapsody was one of the first revitalizations and was completed at Singapore in March of 2012.

If they were to do a major dry-dock, it would be to add additional cabins or outlets or something else to significantly enhance the ship.

I wonder if it is technically possible to add the forward 'Panoramic' cabins to deck 10 on Vision class ships? (or even aft on deck 10)

Rhapsody would be due for dry dock in 2017.

As of now there is a missing 5 weeks.

well since March 2017 is now fully deployed, maybe they're bumping up the dry dock to Nov 2016?????

I don't recall who was furious, put me in the irritated category. ;):o

No, I do understand irritation.:) I was trying to put a canceled cruise 15 months from now into the proper perspective (and we have experienced this situation several times, as well). I checked our future flights to cruises 2 days ago, and 3 of them had changed. Irritated, yes, but it's part of the travel experience.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Being lazy here, which 5 weeks pretty please? :)

2 weeks for the cancelled TA, and 3 weeks for the time between the original arrival in PC and the first cruise out of Tampa.

Rumor on our roll call is the TA has been cancelled for a full ship charter. Maybe furious is appropriate after all.

We were on Rhapsody for the Fall 2016 TA from that has been redeployed and have just booked another recommended TA. D+ desk told us that Rhapsody will leave Rome to go through Suez and eventually do South America before arriving at Tampa as home port in Spring 2017. No idea if this is true but sounds possible.

We were on Rhapsody for the Fall 2016 TA from that has been redeployed and have just booked another recommended TA. D+ desk told us that Rhapsody will leave Rome to go through Suez and eventually do South America before arriving at Tampa as home port in Spring 2017. No idea if this is true but sounds possible.

If that is right, Rhapsody might spend the southern summer of 2016/17. In Australia. That would be very well received down here and they would have no trouble selling out a full season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk