Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Royal still have those 2 unexplained bookings in Sydney Australia for 18 and 19 March 2016. Explorer of the Seas and Azamara Quest. Both ships are on other duties.

These are the 2 which I have said must be for Quantum of the Seas for months because I cannot see too many other options.

I suppose we cannot rule out the old Celebrity Century in Asia now.

While they will and have called on Japanese ports, I just did not know they turned-around any cruises there previously.

I have often noticed large Korean and Japanese groups on RCI ships in Europe, but I was not aware they had any home market sailings.

Yes, Voyager do have a limited Japan season for a month around April to May. I've been to to one them this year. The turn around ports are Tokyo and Yokohama.

They normally start selling it Sept.

I think some folks who wanted to sail on Ovation's only cruises before being China bound will jump ship on Majesty and do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused -- does Ovation have any itineraries out of the States? I have looked and don't see any. IMO, Majesty and Ovation out of Europe (or points East) would not attract the same demographic. What am I missing. :confused:

I'm confused -- does Ovation have any itineraries out of the States? I have looked and don't see any. IMO, Majesty and Ovation out of Europe (or points East) would not attract the same demographic. What am I missing. :confused:

Thank you Karen for typing what I was thinking in my head. Lol

This is apples and oranges.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

There are only a couple of sailings on Ovation before she heads too far away to sail on her.

I know people who have sailed on every RC ship who were going to skip Ovation out of UK, because it was the same time as the purported final Majesty sailings. Now, they won't have to miss ovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by internetwhiz

RCI have opened some Majesty Cape Canaveral sailings and most Rhapsody Tampa sailings for sale directly with this move.

RCI also indicate that Rhapsody will return to Rome (Civitavecchia) upon completion of the Tampa season in April 2017.

The 16 night TA from Tampa to Rome via Key West, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Malaga and Cartagena will sail the 29th of April 2017. It is currently not available for sale.

I wish they would add some other itineraries out of Galveston, only having two routes and one ship is very limiting.

It was interesting that the added Tampa Rhapsody sailings seem to be a singe itinerary with no alteration from week to week for the entire season.

It was interesting that the added Tampa Rhapsody sailings seem to be a singe itinerary with no alteration from week to week for the entire season.

Which is the same itinerary its twin sister Vision did this entire past season I believe. Must be profitable enough if they decided to repeat it. This coming Winter though they throw in a few 9 and 10 night Eastern and Southern cruises to mix things up a little.

Edited by yj_eugene
More info

I believe it was(is) the same way when Vision sailed from Tampa.

While they have only released one itinerary now on the website, I did notice now that some weeks are missing. There may be another itinerary coming for the holiday and some weeks.

When they moved Vision over from PE, some sailings included Grand Cayman.

During the 2015-16 season she has the same 7 day basically, but also some 9 and 10 day, Eastern and Southern sailings from Tampa.

I wish they would add some other itineraries out of Galveston, only having two routes and one ship is very limiting.

Hard to do much more than they do now considering there's a sea day at the start and two at the end (or vice versa). It doesn't help either that your ship is too big to stop at Key West. Perhaps someday Royal will add a Western Gulf route (Veracruz, Dos Bocas, Progresso). A HAL cruise we were on a few years ago did those ports, and we had a good time at all of them.