Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

With the release of the new Harmony brochure confirming that she has only one season in Europe and then will stay year-round at Port Everglades, one more clue was given for 2017 summer deployment.

2017 Summer Deployment predictions based on 2016-17 deployment.

Deployment confirmed to great degree.

Adventure, year-round San Juan

Anthem, year-round Bayonne

Enchantment, year-round Miami

Explorer, returns to Seattle home-port

Grandeur, year-round Baltimore deployment

Harmony, year-round Port Everglades deployment

Legend, China, returns to Hong Kong home-port

Majesty, year-round Port Canaveral deployment

Mariner, China, returns to Shanghai from Singapore

Quantum, China, year-round Shanghai home-port

Radiance, returns to Vancouver home-port

Rhapsody, European deployment, Civitavecchia home-port.

Vision, returns to Venice home-port

Voyager, returns to Singapore

Deployment Likely

Liberty, year-round Galveston

Ovation, China Beijing deployment. *Singapore leg confirmed

Speculated deployment

Allure, year-round Port Everglades

Brilliance, European deployment, Barcelona likely

Freedom, Port Everglades / Port Canaveral / Barcelona?

Indy, European deployment, Southampton likely

Jewel, European deployment *Venice?

Navigator, European deployment, Southampton likely

Oasis, Port Canaveral / Barcelona ?

Serenade, European deployment, likely Copenhagen

Things should really get interesting in 2018 with the arrival of Oasis 4. Wiill one of the Oasis Class stay in the Med all year or do you see one heading to Asia. Will PC get a new Oasis class?? And as you noted with all the new ships being delivered in the next few years from other lines (MSC, NCL, CCL) heading to Miami/FL the competition will heat up for the Caribbean.

Things should really get interesting in 2018 with the arrival of Oasis 4. Wiill one of the Oasis Class stay in the Med all year or do you see one heading to Asia. Will PC get a new Oasis class?? And as you noted with all the new ships being delivered in the next few years from other lines (MSC, NCL, CCL) heading to Miami/FL the competition will heat up for the Caribbean.

I think the NCL move back to Spirit as their year round ship is telling. The fact that Epic just lasted one season seems to indicate no year round Oasis class in Europe. I could see a Radiance class with an extended season in the future though.

I think the report this week about how post-Freedom class ships (2006 and later) generate 30% more revenue and cost 10% less to operate is also telling.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/new-ships-drive-rcl-yield-growth-asia-capacity-rises-as-caribbean-retracts.html

This same article discusses how RCI will have 20% of cabin inventory based in Asia/Pacific in 2016.

I think a 40% Caribbean, 20% Europe, 20% Asia/ Pacific and 20% rest of world spread sounds pretty ideal, even as they bring on new inventory.

Edited by MADflyer

I think the NCL move back to Spirit as their year round ship is telling. The fact that Epic just lasted one season seems to indicate no year round Oasis class in Europe. I could see a Radiance class with an extended season in the future though.

I think the report this week about how post-Freedom class ships (2006 and later) generate 30% more revenue and cost 10% less to operate is also telling.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/new-ships-drive-rcl-yield-growth-asia-capacity-rises-as-caribbean-retracts.html

This same article discusses how RCI will have 20% of cabin inventory based in Asia/Pacific in 2016.

I think a 40% Caribbean, 20% Europe, 20% Asia/ Pacific and 20% rest of world spread sounds pretty ideal, even as they bring on new inventory.

Well that article tends to disprove that Majesty was such a cash cow. ;)

Well that article tends to disprove that Majesty was such a cash cow. ;)

Majesty achieved 2 things and that was to maintain a year-round position in Miami and along with the 3/4 night PC cruises, to feed the larger more profitable ships with loyal repeat passengers.

While the free Voom internet on Majesty will not drive revenue, the enhanced experience might lead passengers to a future Oasis sailing where they must pay for the same internet connection.

Thanks for your update and sharing the link to that artilcle. Very interesting indeed.

The article makes absolutely no mention of Majesty in any way....so what is there to interpret that Majesty is not a cash cow.

Interesting that you would join in. It said post 2006 ships produced 30% more revenue and 10% less cost. How would you interpret that. :what:

At least an Oasis move would most likely involve a seasonal replacement ship, where NCL are only seasonal at PC.

I am just guessing that when they add the waterslides to Oasis and Allure that they are going to do an additional dry-dock for both Oasis and Allure and add the deck 4 solo cabins, move the Diamond lounge and Comedy Club and re-fit them to meet Harmony standards and generally get the deck plans in 'harmony'

I was just thinking they might do at least one of these at Cadiz and the other in the Bahamas.

I am guessing Freedom will get the Liberty waterslides in an additional dry dock.

Would like FR to replace OA for the summer season in Port C -- we would definitely book!!

I get so sick of Majesty defenders, like if these people get money everytime they defend a ship they dont own. that ship will be gone eventually, you got it back because it would make less money at pullmantur instead of royal, but i dont see this long lasting, especially since both Carnival and NCL are doing 3/4 day rotations with bigger bettter ships.

Another thing that hopefully will get a big change next year is Adventure and Grandeur. Adventure needs to get out of San Juan already, even if its swapped with another Voyager class ship, its stale.

Grandeur Baltimore deployment is a failure. i know people will defend their baltimore deployment to death but it is heavily discounted.

I get so sick of Majesty defenders, like if these people get money everytime they defend a ship they dont own. that ship will be gone eventually, you got it back because it would make less money at pullmantur instead of royal, but i dont see this long lasting, especially since both Carnival and NCL are doing 3/4 day rotations with bigger bettter ships.

Another thing that hopefully will get a big change next year is Adventure and Grandeur. Adventure needs to get out of San Juan already, even if its swapped with another Voyager class ship, its stale.

Grandeur Baltimore deployment is a failure. i know people will defend their baltimore deployment to death but it is heavily discounted.

If Grandeur is really a failure, why do they keep sending her back there? I seem to recall we've all gone through this discussion before...

Seems the logical choice.

Oasis will stay Port Canaveral.

Harmony Fort Lauderdale.

That makes sense to me too.

Oasis year round from PC

Harmony year round from PE

Oasis IV splitting her time between PE and the Med

Allure to Asia

Ps.. I dont think they would send Oasis IV straight to Asia. Yes, the Caribbean market is over saturated, but the competition has been pumping new ships to Florida, and Harmony will be Royal's first new ship in Florida since the Allure. If they want to stay on top of the competition, I think they need to rotate the ships and get the two new Oasis Class ships in PE.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

If Grandeur is really a failure, why do they keep sending her back there? I seem to recall we've all gone through this discussion before...

I think that some people, when they don't like a particular deployment, prefer to categorize it as a failure despite how many others continue to sail on that ship. RCI is not slow to remove a ship from a particular itinerary if it is not generating sufficient revenue or if they believe that placing it on a different itinerary would be more profitable (see Mariner- West Coast), so if they continue to sail from Baltimore they must not view it as a failure.

I think that some people, when they don't like a particular deployment, prefer to categorize it as a failure despite how many others continue to sail on that ship. RCI is not slow to remove a ship from a particular itinerary if it is not generating sufficient revenue or if they believe that placing it on a different itinerary would be more profitable (see Mariner- West Coast), so if they continue to sail from Baltimore they must not view it as a failure.

Might they also have a commitment or contractual obligation with Baltimore

That makes sense to me too.

Oasis year round from PC

Harmony year round from PE

Oasis IV splitting her time between PE and the Med

Allure to Asia

Ps.. I dont think they would send Oasis IV straight to Asia. Yes, the Caribbean market is over saturated, but the competition has been pumping new ships to Florida, and Harmony will be Royal's first new ship in Florida since the Allure. If they want to stay on top of the competition, I think they need to rotate the ships and get the two new Oasis Class ships in PE.

Maybe in order to show off the "latest and greatest" against all the other cruise line's new ships, finally Quantum Class could be home ported in Florida instead, the only class never to be home ported thus far in Florida with many Floridans and avid RCL'ers here on this board saying they refuse to fly up to Jersey to get on a ship. There's so many local Floridans that have sailed on the Oasis Class ships for years, Harmony and Oasis IV really won't make that much difference... nor will going to Falmouth/Cozumel for the 5 millionth time, whereas the new Quantum IV could hit some other ports that Oasis can't perhaps. Thoughts?

Might they also have a commitment or contractual obligation with Baltimore

I think RCI are extremely happy with the situation at the port of Baltimore.

RCI also just awarded two customer service awards to the port of Baltimore, including 'best check-in' and 'best departure'

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12433-port-of-baltimore-receives-royal-caribbean-service-award.html

At least they are not in the situation Houston currently finds themselves in with the departure of both NCL and Princess.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/As-cruise-lines-drop-Bayport-terminal-faces-6432123.php

Maybe in order to show off the "latest and greatest" against all the other cruise line's new ships, finally Quantum Class could be home ported in Florida instead, the only class never to be home ported thus far in Florida with many Floridans and avid RCL'ers here on this board saying they refuse to fly up to Jersey to get on a ship. There's so many local Floridans that have sailed on the Oasis Class ships for years, Harmony and Oasis IV really won't make that much difference... nor will going to Falmouth/Cozumel for the 5 millionth time, whereas the new Quantum IV could hit some other ports that Oasis can't perhaps. Thoughts?

I really, really wish a Quantum class ship would be home ported in Florida. Took Quantum to China from NJ and fell in love with it. Not too keen on sailing out of NJ again, especially in winter. And, yes, I am tired of the Oasis class ports. They are just too limiting. Not sure why they think they need three of those in Florida. Love the ship but interested in different ports.

I see Q4 splitting her time between PE and somewhere in Europe. And while she's in PE, I think she'll be doing the 6/8 night itineraries., which would then allow 2 Oasis class ships and 1 Q Ckass to be in PE.

I am also hoping for Quantum 4 to be based out of Miami and not Port Everglades in 2019-20. I really think that Quantum taking the 5 night/ 9 night southern itineraries to be established by Navigator.

I am also a fan of any future San Francisco Quantum class deployment.

I am a dissenter from the popular opinion and feel that RCI will return to having a 2 Oasis class ship presence at Port Everglades. As the infrastructure around the port and airport is completed this port operation will be unbeatable.

I think that with all the shipyards of Europe being fully booked for new builds through 2022 and with Mitsubishi leaving the industry that future Chinese Oasis class ships will be actually be Chinese builds.

I think that as RCI add waterslides and tunnel slides to the various Freedom and Oasis class ships that they will become interchangeable between PE/PC/Galveston/San Juan in many various combinations.

While RCI already own or partially own operation in Coco Cay, Labadee and Falmouth, they are making huge investments at Curacao, St. Maarten and Barbados and Cozumel.

Allure would be my guess as well.

They took out Mama Mia from Quantum when it went to Asia, and now with Mama Mia in Allure, will they take it out again and move to another ship when Allure goes to Asia?

Who knows it might be Oasis instead to Asia.