Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Of course it's just a business and like all businesses it exists to make money for its shareholders. Royal have evidently held the view that they could make more money operating ships in Asia rather than in other markets.

As the Chinese economy continues to weaken, however, I believe Royal and the other cruise lines operating in China will be disappointed. The devaluation of the Yuan and their stock market issues are also negatives.

The deployment of more ships to China may stop or even reverse as a result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the past, we have observed RCI chasing the profits to other destinations, as well, and having to pull back when those destination economies tanked. Europe and South America come to mind, about 10 years ago, give or take.

It's a shame RCCL can't see that the best way to attract custom will be new itineraries calling to new ports. Every year it's same old, same old, and when they do vary it's overnighting but still same old ports = boring.

I'd love to see an Oasis class doing a 5/9 out of FLL or MIA. For us, that would be the best option ever. Oasis class is preferred for us due to them having 2 FlowRiders.

Having to fly from western Canada we've realized that 7 nights is not long enough so we do B2B but sometimes 14 is too long due to work and/or school. 9 nights would be a great option and then if 14 is possible we do a 5/9 B2B.

RCI has signed an agreement with the Singapore Tourism Board to expand deployment from 30 to 40 annual sailings also with the addition of more longer sailings to attract more distant fly-cruise passengers.

This deal includes already announced 2015 to 2017 Mariner sailings along with future deployments.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12937-royal-caribbean-and-stb-in-marketing-deal-to-promote-singapore-.html

I'd love to see an Oasis class doing a 5/9 out of FLL or MIA. For us, that would be the best option ever. Oasis class is preferred for us due to them having 2 FlowRiders.

Having to fly from western Canada we've realized that 7 nights is not long enough so we do B2B but sometimes 14 is too long due to work and/or school. 9 nights would be a great option and then if 14 is possible we do a 5/9 B2B.

I agree, a 9 nighter on an Oasis class would be amazing. The Harmony has a stop in San Juan next year, they could add this stop on their Eastern or Western Itinerary to make up the days!

I agree, a 9 nighter on an Oasis class would be amazing. The Harmony has a stop in San Juan next year, they could add this stop on their Eastern or Western Itinerary to make up the days!

The Oasis is doing a 9 nighter in March 2016.

Ports are Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The Oasis is doing a 9 nighter in March 2016.

Ports are Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts.

That's such a good itinerary! I wish March was a good month for me! Working in a school, I can only do summer or Christmas.

RCI has signed an agreement with the Singapore Tourism Board to expand deployment from 30 to 40 annual sailings also with the addition of more longer sailings to attract more distant fly-cruise passengers.

This deal includes already announced 2015 to 2017 Mariner sailings along with future deployments.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12937-royal-caribbean-and-stb-in-marketing-deal-to-promote-singapore-.html

Don't mind them sailing from Singapore but China on the other hand......:eek:

While there were no Allure bookings at St. Maarten following the 23rd of August 2017, she has been booked back in from the 16th of November 2017 to the 3rd of May, 2018.

As the Harmony and Allure calls are sometimes just one booking a month, one can wonder if they are just using both names to really just reserve one ship or if they are planning a new pattern with varied itineraries.

All three Oasis class ships are booked at variable times through April/May 2018 at St. Maarten.

While there were no Allure bookings at St. Maarten following the 23rd of August 2017, she has been booked back in from the 16th of November 2017 to the 3rd of May, 2018.

As the Harmony and Allure calls are sometimes just one booking a month, one can wonder if they are just using both names to really just reserve one ship or if they are planning a new pattern with varied itineraries.

All three Oasis class ships are booked at variable times through April/May 2018 at St. Maarten.

Maybe they're planning to schedule a short dry dock to add slides?

Maybe they're planning to schedule a short dry dock to add slides?

Well, these are very early bookings, but that is odd to have a 3 month departure from August to November. I know that revenue dives for September and that would be the ideal time for a dry dock, but the additional time is odd.

It will be interesting to see what the once a month bookings could indicate.

Well, these are very early bookings, but that is odd to have a 3 month departure from August to November. I know that revenue dives for September and that would be the ideal time for a dry dock, but the additional time is odd.

It will be interesting to see what the once a month bookings could indicate.

True. My mind just defaulted to dry dock, but that's way too long.

If they send Allure to Asia I will be MAD! :( :mad:

She is such a great ship and I know that if she is based in China she'll be ruined. I don't think they should be sending ships to Asia anyway and please read THIS review to learn why that's my opinion.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

thanks for sharing.

Tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and IPhone with no luck.

I was trying to see if Asia was loaded yet.

Not yet. August is 'ticking' away.

I wondered if the delay had anything to do with this weeks announcement of RCI's partnership with the Singapore Tourism Board.

Tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and IPhone with no luck.

I was trying to see if Asia was loaded yet.

Not yet. August is 'ticking' away.

I wondered if the delay had anything to do with this weeks announcement of RCI's partnership with the Singapore Tourism Board.

I thought Asia (or at least Mariner's Asia) was already up. We're waiting on China's deployment no? or are we expecting more Asia aside from China ?

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I thought Asia (or at least Mariner's Asia) was already up. We're waiting on China's deployment no? or are we expecting more Asia aside from China ?

Maybe some Japan.

Also Voyager repositioning from and to China.

The rest I assume will be China.

We are still waiting for Voyager of the Seas 2016 Asia season, this includes Japan and sailings from Hong Kong, China and Singapore.

Checking HK Kai Tak's cruise schedule, Voyager will be sailing a lot from HK in 2016.

Their 2016-2017 Australia/New Zealand and South Pacific IT's have long been out.

Without me having to go back and search on my phone, does anyone remember when the 2016-2017 Australia itineraries were released? Just thinking ahead to next years bookings. I think I've finally decided what I want to do for my birthday in 2018. Yes, I know I'm leaping way ahead into the next thread :D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk