Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Decided not "doable" for solo. Even a BOGO half would help. About twice what I paid last Sept on Rhapsody.

I decided it was too expensive, but that I could afford the deposit and then hope for the best. We did get the price break, and you might eventually, too, so why not book it and see what happens?

Decided not "doable" for solo. Even a BOGO half would help. About twice what I paid last Sept on Rhapsody.

BOGO half is actually only 25% off, so less than 30% off if you're booking a balcony. Of course, if you're doing an inside it's only 10% off, and 20% for an outside.

Just announced!! - details of Ovation of the Seas maiden voyage to Australia.

Cruise departs Singapore on the 30th November 2016

Options are:

Singapore to Fremantle - 6 nights, departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $979pp twin share inside / $1,249pp oceanview / $1,899pp balcony

Singapore to Adelaide - 11 nights, departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $1,879pp twin share inside / $2,399pp oceanview / $3,649pp balcony

Singapore to Hobart – 13 nights departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $2,239pp twin share inside / $2,859pp oceanview / $4,349pp balcony

Singapore to Melbourne (includes flight from Hobart to Melbourne) - 13 nights departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $2,339pp twin share inside / $2,959pp oceanview / $4,449pp balcony

Singapore to Sydney - 15 nights, departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $2,599pp twin share inside / $3,319pp oceanview / $5,049pp balcony

All fares in $AUD.

Options are:

Singapore to Fremantle - 6 nights, departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $979pp twin share inside / $1,249pp oceanview / $1,899pp balcony

Singapore to Adelaide - 11 nights, departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $1,879pp twin share inside / $2,399pp oceanview / $3,649pp balcony

Singapore to Hobart – 13 nights departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $2,239pp twin share inside / $2,859pp oceanview / $4,349pp balcony

Singapore to Melbourne (includes flight from Hobart to Melbourne) - 13 nights departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $2,339pp twin share inside / $2,959pp oceanview / $4,449pp balcony

Singapore to Sydney - 15 nights, departing 30 November 2016 – fares from $2,599pp twin share inside / $3,319pp oceanview / $5,049pp balcony

All fares in $AUD.

Thanks for sharing. I gather they are offering segments like Perth to Sydney?

Where are the itineraries listed? I don't see them on cruiseco's website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All fares in $AUD.

Ouch. £80-£86 per person per night for the lowest grade inside depending on which segment you choose - the longest is dearest?

Glad I went with Radiance to NZ via Tonga on BOGHO at £58pp/pn. The new ship experience isn't worth that much, £1072 0r approx. $2000aud, extra to me for the two of us.

Thanks for sharing. I gather they are offering segments like Perth to Sydney?

Where are the itineraries listed? I don't see them on cruiseco's website.

I am a member of several groups on a website that we can't mention and the info has been posted there plus I have subsequently received emails from various agents that I registered with.

I have also been told even though Melbourne has been listed in the Melbourne port schedule that it will not be going there at least on the charter as the trip across Port Phillip Bay is a navigation nightmare for a ship the size of Ovation and little room for error. Hence why there is a flight Hobart to Melbourne listed in the sectors for the charter cruise.

Below is some text from the email I received from the agency doing the charter of Ovation - it may be of interest to those looking for segments within Australian waters-

"DOMESTIC CRUISE SECTORS

Cruise sectors within Australia may also be available from Fremantle, Adelaide and Hobart to Sydney, but these will NOT be open for sale until international sector cabins are confirmed and deposited. This may not be for several months, and we will advise in due course if these sectors are opened for sale.

OTHER VOYAGES COMING SOON

Ovation of the Seas will also be operating three round trip cruises from Sydney, we believe to New Zealand and a repositioning cruise from Sydney back to Singapore. We will have access to an allotment of cabins on each of these cruises including the Sydney to Singapore voyage, and will be delighted to advise dates, prices and itineraries and help you with bookings as soon as this information becomes available. We expect these cruises to go on sale at 9am on Thursday 18 June."

HTH.

Below is some text from the email I received from the agency doing the charter of Ovation - it may be of interest to those looking for segments within Australian waters-

"DOMESTIC CRUISE SECTORS

Cruise sectors within Australia may also be available from Fremantle, Adelaide and Hobart to Sydney, but these will NOT be open for sale until international sector cabins are confirmed and deposited. This may not be for several months, and we will advise in due course if these sectors are opened for sale.

OTHER VOYAGES COMING SOON

Ovation of the Seas will also be operating three round trip cruises from Sydney, we believe to New Zealand and a repositioning cruise from Sydney back to Singapore. We will have access to an allotment of cabins on each of these cruises including the Sydney to Singapore voyage, and will be delighted to advise dates, prices and itineraries and help you with bookings as soon as this information becomes available. We expect these cruises to go on sale at 9am on Thursday 18 June."

HTH.

I have also been told even though Melbourne has been listed in the Melbourne port schedule that it will not be going there at least on the charter as the trip across Port Phillip Bay is a navigation nightmare for a ship the size of Ovation and little room for error. Hence why there is a flight Hobart to Melbourne listed in the sectors for the charter cruise.

I was wondering about that Hobart to Melbourne flight - thanks for the explanation Cruisegroover [emoji4]. Disappointing for Victorians and Royal if they can't address the channel navigation issues for the remaining cruises. Fortunately we sail from Sydney [emoji6]

Harz99, Thanks for the info on the inbound domestic cruises and the remainder of the Ovation season down under. Looking forward to seeing the itineraries and hopefully booking 5 or 6 cabins for our family cruise [emoji3]

I believe the remaining Aus/NZ sailings for Ovation will look something like this

I beli5 Dec 16 15nights to NZ

30 Dec 16 10 nights to NZ

9 Jan 17 14 nights to NZ

23 Jan 17 14 nights Singapore

Edited by Cruisegroover
left word out

You can now book the Ovation Singapore to Sydney charter on the ********** web site.

Your not supposed to name TAs on here. Maybe change to "on the charter company website".

Edited by harz99

Hi, Does anyone know when they will release the Asian itineraries for the second half of 2016?... I would like to know what Ovation is doing between arriving in Singapore in June 2016 & heading to Oz at the end of Nov 2016. Cheers.

Not for sure but I imagine as she is due to homeport in China, sailing to either Tianjin (for Beijing) or Shanghai.

Post from royal Caribbean blog dot com on 1st June:

"Royal Caribbean's third Quantum-class cruise ship, Ovation of the Seas, will offer two cruises out of Southampton, UK before she makes her way east to be homeported in China.

A five-night and seve-night cruise are available to book, with the first going from Southampton to France and Belgum on April 17 and the second going to northern Spain and Gibraltar on April 22.

Following those sailings, Ovation of the Seas will embark upon a 56-night global odyssey cruise to Asia on May 3. Ovation of the Seas will sail from Southampton to Barcelona, then Barcelona to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore. Finally, there will be a quick 3-night cruise from Singapore before she heads to Tianjin, China."

HTH.

Edited by harz99

Not for sure but I imagine as she is due to homeport in China, sailing to either Tianjin (for Beijing) or Shanghai.

Post from royal Caribbean blog dot com on 1st June:

"Royal Caribbean's third Quantum-class cruise ship, Ovation of the Seas, will offer two cruises out of Southampton, UK before she makes her way east to be homeported in China.

A five-night and seve-night cruise are available to book, with the first going from Southampton to France and Belgum on April 17 and the second going to northern Spain and Gibraltar on April 22.

Following those sailings, Ovation of the Seas will embark upon a 56-night global odyssey cruise to Asia on May 3. Ovation of the Seas will sail from Southampton to Barcelona, then Barcelona to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore. Finally, there will be a quick 3-night cruise from Singapore before she heads to Tianjin, China."

HTH.

I believe Ovation will be sailing from Beijing (Tianjin), China. Quantum will be sailing from Shanghai (Baoshan), China.

How many tender ports on those NZ itineraries?

Bay of Islands only, as Akaroa, another tender port, is not part of the IT.

Looks like Ovation will be skipping Napier as well.

It seems that Australia sailings are long and most goes to NZ, there are no 7 day Australia or South Pacific IT's.

Bay of Islands only, as Akaroa, another tender port, is not part of the IT.

Looks like Ovation will be skipping Napier as well.

It seems that Australia sailings are long and most goes to NZ, there are no 7 day Australia or South Pacific IT's.

Ovation will stop in Napier on the Dec 30th Sailing.