Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Hi, Does anyone know when they will release the Asian itineraries for the second half of 2016?... I would like to know what Ovation is doing between arriving in Singapore in June 2016 & heading to Oz at the end of Nov 2016. Cheers.

anything not released yet is most likely part of the China deployment.

Hi All. I know this question is way off and likely to be based on a lot of of speculation... However, given that there are a lot of knowledgeable and experienced people on here, I thought there was no harm in asking your theories and opinions.

I'm thinking way ahead to Alaska 2017. I know that the Hawaii to Vancouver route is open for booking with an arrival date in Vancouver of 17th May, which is a Wednesday. I can see that Radiance cruises seem to start on a Friday and to get on that schedule for 2016, it is doing a 5 night Vancouver return. So, for 2017, assuming the Friday schedule is to remain the same, could you see them doing a 9 night as the first northbound or a roundtrip? I thought about a 2 night then straight into the 7 night one ways but this seemed less likely. Obviously, they could also start a Wednesday departure schedule.

I just wondered if anyone had any insight or thoughts on this or if you are aware of a similar situation in recent years? Trying to think ahead with possibilities. I know and appreciate we won't know for definite until RCI release the schedules next year!

Thanks!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Hi All. I know this question is way off and likely to be based on a lot of of speculation... However, given that there are a lot of knowledgeable and experienced people on here, I thought there was no harm in asking your theories and opinions.

I'm thinking way ahead to Alaska 2017. I know that the Hawaii to Vancouver route is open for booking with an arrival date in Vancouver of 17th May, which is a Wednesday. I can see that Radiance cruises seem to start on a Friday and to get on that schedule for 2016, it is doing a 5 night Vancouver return. So, for 2017, assuming the Friday schedule is to remain the same, could you see them doing a 9 night as the first northbound or a roundtrip? I thought about a 2 night then straight into the 7 night one ways but this seemed less likely. Obviously, they could also start a Wednesday departure schedule.

I just wondered if anyone had any insight or thoughts on this or if you are aware of a similar situation in recent years? Trying to think ahead with possibilities. I know and appreciate we won't know for definite until RCI release the schedules next year!

Thanks!

Obviously there is no way for anyone to give you an exact answer. Here's my opinion... They will not go to a Wednesday departure schedule. I would like to see a 9 night one-way from Vancouver to Seward, with an extra stop in Sitka and somewhere else, or visit another Glacier. I think that would book up fast, as Royal hasn't really changed up their Alaska itineraries in a long time. They could also do a 4 night followed by a 5 night, but I just think that is pretty boring! :p:)

I'm thinking way ahead to Alaska 2017. I know that the Hawaii to Vancouver route is open for booking with an arrival date in Vancouver of 17th May, which is a Wednesday. .....appreciate we won't know for definite until RCI release the schedules next year!

Thanks!

There are just too many variables to make a calculated guess without port schedules to give clues.

One would assume that they would get the ship back on a Friday cycle, if it is working well now, and I would think the most likely way to do that would be with one 4 day cruise followed by a 5 day cruise.

I actually like to book short sailings after ships arrive in Europe when they are offered and I have really noticed an increase in the booking of Corporate and Incentive groups on these short sailings and have even had several short sailings cancelled due to 'whole ship' charters.

While unlikely, they could just do a 2 night from Vancouver.

Thanks for both your responses, I do appreciate them. It's great to hear other ideas along with my own guessing... and I do understand it is all guesswork!

I too would love a 9 nighter with extra stops or glacier viewings - that would be right up my street! The 4 and 5 night could definitely be done and would work for some but wouldn't interest me, it's true about Europe charters too...

I've just done the southbound and am already planning my return but to hopefully do a B2B!

Thanks again for your replies :)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Thanks for both your responses, I do appreciate them. It's great to hear other ideas along with my own guessing... and I do understand it is all guesswork!

I too would love a 9 nighter with extra stops or glacier viewings - that would be right up my street! The 4 and 5 night could definitely be done and would work for some but wouldn't interest me, it's true about Europe charters too...

I've just done the southbound and am already planning my return but to hopefully do a B2B!

Thanks again for your replies :)

As mentioned, a 9-night Vancouver RT is also a possibility. Passengers could then do a b2b if they are on the Hawaii cruise, as we did in 2012.

Is Royal running anything from Japan in 2016?

I cannot see anything yet.

I had thought that RCI only offered the 3 Chinese home ports and Singapore in Asia.

They do offer calls in Japan.

Do they have a history of cruises from Japan?

Voyager of the Seas did a few in April 2015 after repositioning from Singapore.

In 2014 Voyager or Mariner did a few

I do seem to recall Voyager calling in Japan.

Maybe now with the added ships to the market they can offer some sailing so Japan.

I do seem to recall Voyager calling in Japan.

Maybe now with the added ships to the market they can offer some sailing so Japan.

While they will and have called on Japanese ports, I just did not know they turned-around any cruises there previously.

I have often noticed large Korean and Japanese groups on RCI ships in Europe, but I was not aware they had any home market sailings.

And the China stock market and economy is heading south.

R&D

Yes, as I predicted here several months ago [emoji3]. The cruise lines have brought capacity into China at the wrong time. More capacity likely to be available for Australia, including annual Ovation and/or Quantum season [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are just too many variables to make a calculated guess without port schedules to give clues.

One would assume that they would get the ship back on a Friday cycle, if it is working well now, and I would think the most likely way to do that would be with one 4 day cruise followed by a 5 day cruise.

I actually like to book short sailings after ships arrive in Europe when they are offered and I have really noticed an increase in the booking of Corporate and Incentive groups on these short sailings and have even had several short sailings cancelled due to 'whole ship' charters.

While unlikely, they could just do a 2 night from Vancouver.

If that 4-nighter or 5-nighter were offered as a mini-Alaska cruise or British Columbia sampler, I'd definitely be interested! I'd love to sail the 5-day Radiance Alaska cruise in May 2016, but might not be able to make it work with my other 2016 commitments. 2017, however....

And the China stock market and economy is heading south.

R&D

With the current Chinese cruise market representing only the top 3% of the population, I would only see a 'major' shift in the economy make a significant difference for the small number of ships based in China.

Yes, as I predicted here several months ago [emoji3]. The cruise lines have brought capacity into China at the wrong time. More capacity likely to be available for Australia, including annual Ovation and/or Quantum season [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of years ago, they rushed everything into the Med only to pull ships out soon after. They seem to always be late in figuring out where to go.

The Aussie cruise TA doing the Ovation 2016 charter from Singapore to Sydney has just opened bookings for that as well as the following ex Sydney round trip cruises: 15 Nov 15 nights New Zealand, 30 Nov 10 nights NZ, 9 Jan '17 14 nights NZ, and 23 Jan 14 nights top end repo back to Singapore.

The astute non Aussies amongst you will no doubt work out that you could do both positioning trips to/from Singapore which almost circumnavigates Australia and have a land based holiday of some 10 weeks to do whatever else you wished (or 8 weeks if you also do one of the NZ cruises b2b).

Sounds good for the trip of a lifetime if you've never been to these countries before.