Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Hmmm, I still check to see what is happening with those 2 April ExOS cruises in Australia and to Singapore. Should be having an N/A soon??:confused:

We are booked B2B on them, so it is of interest here.

The issue I am questioning is only 3 months in Seattle for Explorer of the Seas and why such a short season

I am watching with interest on what the Asia to Seattle cruise entails.

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, current CEO of Celebrity having recently left RCI discussed the deployment of Explorer to Alaska stating:

‘Alaska and Europe kind of ebb and flow,’ added Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president & ceo, Celebrity Cruises. ‘This is Alaska’s year.’

She also noted that they have a problem in South America and this seems to support the fact that RCI might pull out of SA.

‘If we could get all of the countries of South America to talk with us, I think it would be quite beneficial,’ Lutoff-Perlo said. ‘We haven’t gained traction…we haven’t seen the light at the end of the tunnel.’

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/north-american-upswing-south-america-a-challenge.html?nspPage=1

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, current CEO of Celebrity having recently left RCI discussed the deployment of Explorer to Alaska stating:

‘Alaska and Europe kind of ebb and flow,’ added Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president & ceo, Celebrity Cruises. ‘This is Alaska’s year.’

She also noted that they have a problem in South America and this seems to support the fact that RCI might pull out of SA.

‘If we could get all of the countries of South America to talk with us, I think it would be quite beneficial,’ Lutoff-Perlo said. ‘We haven’t gained traction…we haven’t seen the light at the end of the tunnel.’

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/north-american-upswing-south-america-a-challenge.html?nspPage=1

Thanks for sharing this info. I'm not surprised she is saying that.

I suggested here a few weeks ago that they are l ikely to pull out of South America, due to economic reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With 5 new ships on order, MSC plans to deploy one of their new ships on order to China as well after announcing another ship will be based in Miami just yesterday.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12340-msc-heading-for-china-with-new-ship.html

With news that Costa Group (Costa and Aida) had 50% market share of the 'big 4 countries' of 'continental' Europe and 40% of the growing Chinese market, other lines including RCI seem to be reacting to these trends.

The 'new ship' deployment strategy to China seems a 'no brainer' for RCI under these market conditions.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/costa-group-carried-five-out-ten-cruisers-in-major-continental-european-markets.html

It will be interesting if these developments have any short term effect on RCI future deployment.

I certainly think it was a smart move to have a strong Florida deployment this season.

Even with the May and early June bookings with ports in the MED, RCI deployment of Harmony has 'played it safe' and only released Harmony from June 12th 2016 so far in Europe.

An email I received yesterday stated they would have Harmony sailings in May, but they have not yet been deployed.

The TA sailing was changed from the original plan with the ports of Cartagena and Gibraltar dropped prior to 'actual' deployment. They return to 'proven' with Oasis Malaga and that is probably a good choice.

It appears RCI have solved the problem faced with passenger movement at the port of La Spezia as they seem to have returned and not moved to Livorno for the 'Florence' port as was originally planned pre deployment with port bookings.

La Spezia involves an 'industrial port' where passengers were not allowed to walk previously from ship to port entrance and required movement by shuttle. It is unclear how this 'problem' has been resolved when looking at the La Spezia port

It appears RCI have solved the problem faced with passenger movement at the port of La Spezia as they seem to have returned and not moved to Livorno for the 'Florence' port as was originally planned pre deployment with port bookings.

La Spezia involves an 'industrial port' where passengers were not allowed to walk previously from ship to port entrance and required movement by shuttle. It is unclear how this 'problem' has been resolved when looking at the La Spezia port

Interesting. I have been advised that this is the case in Livorno too and I contacted our independent tour operator to make sure they could meet us at the ship.

Interesting. I have been advised that this is the case in Livorno too and I contacted our independent tour operator to make sure they could meet us at the ship.

One could actually say it is a problem at most Italian ports historically.

While at some ports passengers had a walking path that they could use, La Spezia required all movement to be by shuttle bus when I was there last May on Liberty. Taxis and tours dropped one off at the shuttle bus for transfer to the ship.

This is of course not a problem for guests doing shore excursions.

That is definitely the case with Livorno - and far worse than La Spezia. There is no 'free' way to get out of the port of Livorno, you either pay RC's inflated price for a shuttle bus or pay for a taxi (many of which don't want to take you as they want more lucrative tours). At least the shuttles in La Spezia were free - and the distance from ship to port gate is much less than in the huge port of Livorno.

Edited by Bobal

That is definitely the case with Livorno - and far worse than La Spezia. There is no 'free' way to get out of the port of Livorno, you either pay RC's inflated price for a shuttle bus or pay for a taxi (many of which don't want to take you as they want more lucrative tours). At least the shuttles in La Spezia were free - and the distance from ship to port gate is much less than in the huge port of Livorno.

That probably explains why RCI decided to stay with La Spezia then.

I guess the Italy thread will continue to have good information on these ports.

My point was to express that RCI went back to La Spezia and did not change to Livorno for 2016 as they had originally booked.

It sounds like that might have been a good choice.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It somewhat reminds me of the port situation in Vancouver Canada - where Canada Place is the defacto location, but RCI used Ballantyne Pier when too many ships were arriving at the same time.

The Ballantyne Pier was an aging dumpy place, and totally disorganized. They have since terminated using it.

La Spezia may not be a "glamorous" place to dock, but the closer / free shuttle seems more appealing from a passenger standpoint. We'll see it firsthand in a few months.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It somewhat reminds me of the port situation in Vancouver Canada - where Canada Place is the defacto location, but RCI used Ballantyne Pier when too many ships were arriving at the same time.

The Ballantyne Pier was an aging dumpy place, and totally disorganized. They have since terminated using it.

La Spezia may not be a "glamorous" place to dock, but the closer / free shuttle seems more appealing from a passenger standpoint. We'll see it firsthand in a few months.

We sailed out of Ballantyne Pier on Rhapsody 6 months ago, and it is every bit as bad as you describe.

Livorno port is some distance from the town of Livorno and the shuttles drop you in the centre of town which itself is 1.5 miles from the station (from whence you catch the train to Pisa/Florence). However, it's doable - particularly with the long day in port.

La Spezia port is right in town and about 20 minutes walk to the station and easy to catch trains to Cinque Terre but realistically Pisa and Florence are too far to do on your own from La Spezia

If I were a cynic I would say that docking in La Spezia proves more lucrative for Royal Caribbean as it would be too risky to do Florence on your own from such a distance, so RC excursions will be popular ;)

It's on cruisecal.com

The whole summer with Indy and Navigator from Southampton is listed. As well as Serenade from Copenhagen and Stockholm

Very exciting!

Thanks for this post; I just put a hold on one of these cruises thanks to the info I found on cruisecal. And I did not have to pay for the info; apparently I accessed the free part of the site.

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any further info on what is happening with Jewel in June 2016? I gathered that she will be doing 10/11 night cruises out of Venice. I saw this info:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADflyer View Post

Information is spotty at best right now.

Jewel arrives at Venice around the 20th of May, 2016.

It is unclear if they are going to include Venice overnights in these sailings.

Jewel is found at Dubrovnik on the 22nd of June returning from Greece to Venice on the 23 June, most likely.

Jewel returns the 3rd of August again to Dubrovnik from Greece and then on into Venice the 4th of August. The same is repeated on the 14th of September and into Venice on the 15th.

She seams to maybe leave Venice on the 28th of September. the 29th at Split.

- but just wondering if anyone has any further info.

Am I correcting in saying that these itineraries will be released next week?

sorry if asked before but has the independence of the seas transatlantic been released yet can only see bookings up to april thanks

Yes, they are on the website. I can see you are in the UK try this link:

http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult/show.do?selfRedirectionUK=true

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

sorry if asked before but has the independence of the seas transatlantic been released yet can only see bookings up to april thanks

We couldn't see it online either. But it is definitely released because we called to book on the Westbound TA in October 2016.

It does come up in the link that 'cruisingthesuitelife' just posted.

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any further info on what is happening with Jewel in June 2016? I gathered that she will be doing 10/11 night cruises out of Venice. I saw this info:

- but just wondering if anyone has any further info.

Am I correcting in saying that these itineraries will be released next week?

I truly was hoping that itineraries for Jewel, Vision and Rhapsody are also going on sale today - but as it seems, we need to wait until next Thursday... :rolleyes:

So if I'm reading RCCL.com and this board correctly, this is no longer the Harwich to Boston TA and the Tampa to Harwich TA? I thought these were very popular and would continue. :( This is a bummer!

I don't believe those itineraries have been released yet.