Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Sydney ports has been updated today and is now listing Ovation of the Seas as follows:

15th December arrival 10:00 depart 16th December 6:30pm

then 30th December, 9th January, and finally 23rd January.

Melbourne Ports is showing Ovation of the Seas in port on the following dates:

13th, 18th December 2016 and 11th January 2017

Hmmm, wonder what she's doing from 11-23 January? Any clue when she next shows up in Shanghai?

I was planning on booking the 10 night Eastern - loved it on Quantum - but it's not to be... And prices on the 12 nighter look high, balconies anyway.

I will have to look elsewhere for 2017

It was about 500 less for us to do a b2b on Navigator for 14 nights, then sail on Anthem for 12 in a balcony.

I am patiently waiting for the missing Adventure cruises to fill in, as I like the port times for the ABC islands, otherwise I'm going to check out Princess, once they are published.

I looked at Navigator but wasn't crazy about the port times.

Grandeur has an interesting one in March but every time I tries to hold it - the system wouldn't do it. But I'm not sure I want to cruise from Baltimore.

At least one additional Harmony sailing from Barcelona in June should be added soon to the RCI webpage and open for sale.

Harmony Of The Seas Depart: 06:00 PM 06/05/2016 Barcelona, Spain

Harmony Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM 06/06/2016 Palma de Mallorca, Sp

Harmony Of The Seas 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM 06/07/2016 Marseilles, France

Harmony Of The Seas 08:30 AM - 08:30 PM 06/08/2016 La Spezia

Harmony Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM 06/09/2016 Civitavecchia (Rome)

Harmony Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM 06/10/2016 Naples/Capri, Italy

Harmony Of The Seas 06/11/2016 At Sea

Harmony Of The Seas Arrive: 05:00 AM 06/12/2016 Barcelona, Spain

I wonder why this sailing was not offered up for sale when booking opened ? :confused:

I notice it is still showing on cruise website.

I was planning on booking the 10 night Eastern - loved it on Quantum - but it's not to be... And prices on the 12 nighter look high, balconies anyway.

I will have to look elsewhere for 2017

The prices are crazy high. I have a 12 night booked on Anthem for March 2016 and paying $2800 in a D5. 10 nights D7 in January for $2100. I think they are going to come down. I can't see them going much higher.

Finally able to book my Grandeur cruise in Jan 2017 and got the panoramic ocean view room that we wanted plus drink package offer - buy 1, buy 1 1/2 off, so all is good. Yaaayy.

We booked Grandeur for Jan. 23 2017 12 night.

I wonder why this sailing was not offered up for sale when booking opened ? :confused:

I notice it is still showing on cruise website.

Harmony is booked as 'Allure' every Thursday at Civitavecchia from May 5th 2016.

When they moved the Jewel and Rhapsody bookings around at Palma, they had made some additional 'Allure' bookings that made it look like they were thinking of some short preview sailings on Harmony.

All Harmony bookings at Palma that became actual were removed from view at the Palma port website, even thought they surely exist after the name change from Allure to Harmony.

Harmony is booked as 'Allure' every Thursday at Civitavecchia from May 5th 2016.

When they moved the Jewel and Rhapsody bookings around at Palma, they had made some additional 'Allure' bookings that made it look like they were thinking of some short preview sailings on Harmony.

All Harmony bookings at Palma that became actual were removed from view at the Palma port website, even thought they surely exist after the name change from Allure to Harmony.

Thanks Brad, I wonder why they don't just say...."hey look we have some more sailings for you to book."

Guests booked on 12th June 2016 sailing think they are booked on the Inaugural...when really no one actually knows when the Inaugural will be :confused:

Thanks Brad, I wonder why they don't just say...."hey look we have some more sailings for you to book."

Guests booked on 12th June 2016 sailing think they are booked on the Inaugural...when really no one actually knows when the Inaugural will be :confused:

While RCI did not have a history of releasing new builds direct from shipyard in Europe, the lines that do have often released ships earlier than actual sail dates that were opened in advance, some released within weeks of sailing.

RCI appear to have not 'marketed' either the Harmony or Ovation first sailings as 'Inaugural' sailings.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043334_HR_2016_Europe_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043431_OV_2016_Global_Odyssey_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

I was on the Norwegian Getaway and they released several 'pre-Inaugural' one night sailings that were added within six months of sailing. The Getaway was not christened until coming to her homeport at Miami a few weeks later.

I was on the Carnival Splendor in 2008 on cruises they added pre-inaugural in the weeks prior to her entering service on the scheduled season. They did the christening in the middle of a couple of these added sailings while the ship was in Dover.

That said, Viking Ocean just took the opposite strategy and even though the Viking Star was ready early they did not add sailings and she will not be inaugurated until May 17th in Bergen for the Norwegian national day.

Most lines get around one actual sailing being the 'inaugural' cruise by just having an "Inaugural Season."

When searching for a cruise in July 2016 on the RCI website, a number of ships are grayed out (Mariner, Voyager, Legend, and Splendor). Could this mean that the schedule is not set yet?

Splendour is being sold. The other ships are sailing in Asia and their itineraries typically get released later in the year.

When searching for a cruise in July 2016 on the RCI website, a number of ships are grayed out (Mariner, Voyager, Legend, and Splendor). Could this mean that the schedule is not set yet?

Splendour is leaving the fleet in May 2016, and the other ships will be in Asia, and the schedules are not released yet.

Yes. Those ships are marked for Asia. Splendour is leaving the fleet in April

While the ship does a segment stop at Singapore on the way to Australia, it has been pretty evident for a long time that she is not transferring to Alaska via Singapore and that those sailings will be re-deployed when they have the transit plans finalized.

I waited for almost 3 months when they re-deployed Vision from Colon and announced she would not be sailing from Miami on a Transatlantic.

They need to have the designated staff in resolutions available and the offer finalized prior to contacting passengers and opening the new sailings for booking. This is actually to the passengers benefit I found, as the window for the re-deployment offer is time restricted. I think in my experience we only had 3 weeks to finalize plans.

While the ship does a segment stop at Singapore on the way to Australia, it has been pretty evident for a long time that she is not transferring to Alaska via Singapore and that those sailings will be re-deployed when they have the transit plans finalized.

I waited for almost 3 months when they re-deployed Vision from Colon and announced she would not be sailing from Miami on a Transatlantic.

They need to have the designated staff in resolutions available and the offer finalized prior to contacting passengers and opening the new sailings for booking. This is actually to the passengers benefit I found, as the window for the re-deployment offer is time restricted. I think in my experience we only had 3 weeks to finalize plans.

Yes, we were contacted on our last problem cruise, a B2B, as we got to keep our same cabin and price. That was not a canceled one but a completely altered cruise for the whole month of Sept and end of Aug. It was handled before the public could book anything, I believe.

I think we had less time than 3 weeks to decide on their offer on a previously fully canceled cruise years ago.

No problems here with it, we just like to have things sorted out with our cruises and this is dragging on......:)

Have a good day!!!