Brunch Buffet Is it On or Off

Cruise Arizona

For those of you who have sailed recently I need to know if the Grand Brunch Buffet is still a thing or if they have eliminated it? thanks.

Suzanne,

The brunch has been gone for quite a while.

:)

There was a supposedly special brunch in the Oceanview Cafe (the buffet area). It was held on the last day of the cruise, which was a sea day. The only "special" things that I noticed were 2 ice sculptures carved into the Celebrity X logo, and a cotton candy machine. The rest of the food offerings were the same as other days. I didn't see cold shrimp or chocolate fountains, like in the former special brunches held in the dining room. If other passengers noticed special items, please let me know.

The brunch, as others have stated, is now gone. On Summit in June and Silhouette last month they had a bigger than normal buffet on the last sea day. Lots of extra stuff similar to the brunch. Its listed in the daily with a special name for the buffet that day, spectacular or extravaganza. I forget exactly what it was called.

The buffet they replaced the brunch offers the basic same daily fare with the addition of cotton candy, sushi, chocolate fountains and hundreds more people in the buffet to see what is so grand. Great day to eat in the mdr if crowds bother you. Enjoy!

Well that is what I thought, we must have sailed on one of the last cruises to have that event last Feb. Do they have any other special food events? maybe the new president will come up with something exciting. I used to love the midnight buffet.

Edited by Cruise Arizona

IMHO the Grand Buffet was disorganized mess. We sailed a few times with a midnight buffet and although fun to look at and take a few pictures a massive waste of food.

If there had to be cutbacks this is one we won't miss! Less sommeliers- that's a cutback that affects us every evening.

BTW, the introductions of dining staff on the last formal night, and napkin waving is gone too.

Hi Andy,

That's great news. I never enjoyed it with the Cruise Director yelling into the microphone and the ear splitting music. We did have it on the Eclipse in January, but I am glad it is now gone. Thanks, Andy!

Charlie

On the Vision of the Seas they had a "Parade of Nations" in the atrium where they introduced members of the crew and the countries they represented. It was very festive and fun and let us show our appreciation for the crew with-out disrupting dinner. I think this might rotate but they even had crew from some countries do a dance and something that resprsented their country. The Jamaicans wore running clothes, the lady from Bali wore a beautiful Balinese dress and did a quick traditional dance. One of the guys from India did a quick Bollywood number. It was really enjoyable.

For those of you who have sailed recently I need to know if the Grand Brunch Buffet is still a thing or if they have eliminated it?

I am trying to plan a group activity, and need to know if they are still having the brunch buffet on one of the last sea days.

thanks.

Nope, not on the Summit on the 1/17/15 or 1/24/15 sailings. Also didn't see anything special in the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) on the last sea day as mentioned by others on their cruises.

There was an Oceanview special buffet on our TA on Equinox last fall. Ice sculptures, cotton candy (!?) and the biggest draw was an entire island dedicated to fancy desserts they cut by the slice. I didn't notice anything really different. We got hamburgers at the Mast Grill and then went inside Oceanview for a slice or two of something very yummy at the dessert island.

We only went to the grand buffet a couple times on previous cruises. Too crowded, hard to get a beverage and the same stuff as in Oceanview but more crowded. And the food was not always appropriate temperature.

On subsequent cruises we ate in Bistro on Five and had a very relaxing meal while the rest of the ship did the buffet.

And the old midnight buffet and themed parties with buffets up on deck - a complete waste of food.

Ditto the others. I enjoyed the brunch but sadly it is gone. Solstice in Jan I kept waiting for it. Then turned up at the Oceanview on last sea day for lunch and found ice sculptures a few extra items, chocolate fountains etc. better than nothing but not anything like the spectacle of the brunch. CCL seem to be dumbing things down for the average cruiser and increasing paid for premium services and pushing people more to suite classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wahoo :)

I hear you. It was definitely a little cheesy, but I thought it was a nice touch to give well-earned credit to the onboard folks who work so hard to give us a wonderful cruise.

Personally, I always disliked when they sang "auld lang syne". It made me think about happier times when we cruised with Dad, and I wont miss that part of the show.

Edited by Host Andy