B2B First Time Question

BMP57

Sailing on my first B2B on the 15th of February. Do we have to do the Muster Drill again on the second leg?

Thanks

Brian

We were not required to attend a second muster, but things could and do change. You will receive detailed instructions in your cabin. Just follow what it says.

They usually announce that all passengers who joined the ship at this port are required to attend the muster drill. Now that the sign-in system is automated using your cruise cards, the system knows who is on a B2B and does not mark them as absent to be contacted for the makeup.

• 3 months later...

We just returned from a B2B on the Golden.

Our "in transit" letter advised that we DID NOT need to attend the drill for the second leg of the sailing.

However, we did receive a "naughty note" from the captain for not attending the second drill.

I guess they forgot to cross-reference the list.

B

There is a situation where folks on a B2B are required to attend the second muster drill. That's if the first leg was longer than a certain number of days. I seem to recall it is 30 days, but not sure.

Last year we were on the Ocean Princess for 61 days. It was sold as either a 31 and 30 day cruise or as a single 61 day cruise. The mid-point was Cape Town. At the beginning of the second leg, ALL passengers were required to attend the muster drill.

When we were on the Grand around South America in 2013, we were told we did not have to do the muster drill at the beginning of the second or third leg. The legs were 19/13/17 days. I had expected to have to attend for the third leg.