Please recommend great midships balcony stateroom on Eclipse

portcbob

Hi all you fellow Eclipse cruisers.

Coming from Australia to sail the 14 night Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse out of Miami.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a great MIDSHIPS balcony stateroom for us that has a great location with nice balcony.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

We like 8226 because it is near the elevators, has a great balcony (though shady) and on the starboard side so we've never had cigarette smoke (except one day when I think someone was smoking on their balcony when we were in port).

I don't think you can go wrong midship. There is a "sticky" that gives advice about the different S-class cabins (check the top of the page where the comments start). S-class includes Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, and Reflection. We like the slant cabins for the large balcony but we were once in one of the cabins on the midship bump and it was nice. The booking agent relied on the incorrect deck plan. If your TA (or some websites) show 8232 as being on the slant, the plan is incorrect.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Beth

Edited by bbappel

Any cabin on the flat part of the middle bump is great. They range from 2Bs on up. Any floor. The ones on the slant on either end of the hump have the largest balconies, but are priced accordingly higher. Although most people will disagree with me, we found the cabin with the extra large balcony to be dark and a bit on the gloomy side. We prefer the standard balcony, but if you intend to spend a lot of time out there you may prefer the larger ones.

I'd book one of the 1As on the slant off the hump. Love those larger balconies! And I don't find them a bit dark and gloomy.

Agree totally.

You can have sun or shade and in the Caribbean, sometimes shade is necessary.

The link shows a 1A (9237) on Eclipse. Scroll down to post 9.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

Edited by upwarduk

Agree totally.

You can have sun or shade and in the Caribbean, sometimes shade is necessary.

The link shows a 1A (9237) on Eclipse. Scroll down to post 9.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

Jackie,

Every time I see a photo of a FV it brings a big smile to my face - best cabin ever (well, for us anyway) :D.

S Class - the 1As are great ;).

Jackie,

Every time I see a photo of a FV it brings a big smile to my face - best cabin ever (well, for us anyway) :D.

S Class - the 1As are great ;).

I should have said that the 1st picture on my link was the 1A balcony and I didn't think the larger balcony made the cabin dark.

Unfortunately I don't have an internal shot of that cabin(9237)

As you can see from the ceiling in the pic of 7233, there is shadow on the sides IMO making the cabin dark.

Edited by upwarduk

We had 9270 on our Norwegian Fjords cruise in late August. First off the hump so extra large balcony and very conveniently located. Also our room stewards, Enrique & Rossland, were the BEST! Highly recommend that cabin, and the Eclipse as well is a great ship.

We had 9270 on our Norwegian Fjords cruise in late August. First off the hump so extra large balcony and very conveniently located. Also our room stewards, Enrique & Rossland, were the BEST! Highly recommend that cabin, and the Eclipse as well is a great ship.

Nice to hear as we have that cabin, not on Eclipse but Equinox, this summer :).

I'd book one of the 1As on the slant off the hump. Love those larger balconies! And I don't find them a bit dark and gloomy.

I absolutely agree with Happy Cruiser. We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise and we were on the slant in 8256 starboard side on the Solstice. We are not ones to spend a lot of time on the balcony, but my DH had some work to do on the IPad and he loved that he could sit on the large balcony and work and be in the shade and not have to contend with the wind. A plus of being on the back side of the slant is that the bump out cabins block some of that wind. We were even able to enjoy our deck on a rainy day without getting wet because the deck is deep. We like our location so much that we booked this same cabin on the Eclipse for our next cruise.:)

Just off the Eclipse February 1. We were in cabin 6225 on the hump. We were almost dead center of ship. Great cabin. Port side was great. We saw the sunset every night after the first couple of nights and were port side in every port and able to watch sail away from our cabin.

Just off the Eclipse February 1. We were in cabin 6225 on the hump. We were almost dead center of ship. Great cabin. Port side was great. We saw the sunset every night after the first couple of nights and were port side in every port and able to watch sail away from our cabin.

Did you experience the wafting up of the smoke from the smoking area directly below you? We are booked in starboard-side 6222 on the Eclipse for our next cruise, but didn't even consider those port-side due to concerns about smoke.

We stayed in cabin 1231 (C2 hump) on a recent Eclipse cruise. It's a mid-ship port side cabin located on deck 10 by the library. It has the extra large balcony and is conveniently located close to the elevators. Extremely quiet location as well. The bed is situated by the balcony, which we prefer. You won't be disappointed. :)

No we did not. My sister was in 6143 and she did have a problem. Nothing major but had smoke once in a while. We loved the location of our cabin. Very convenient to Cafe al Baccio. By the way you can get milk there with the pastries. That's all we needed most mornings. Ate on balcony as we arrived in port.

Bob

If you look at the "Sticky" at the top of the page giving info on most of the S class cabins, you will be able to see which cabins get the best reviews from fellow cruisers.

Go to post number 2335 and you will get a link to the cabin descriptions etc.

Alan