Britannia Cookery Club prices - what do you think?

kikki21

Initially I thought eek and then when I saw the price of 2 celeb chefs at 1 session it was double eek!

But what happens when you don't have a well known chef managing the Cookery Club, will the price still be the same?

I understand that you will be paying the chef's wages as part of the fee and their expertise as it is an exclusive group of people taking part, plus ingredients etc but still seems a lot of money to take part and yes I realise you have a choice in whether you do it or not!

Just want to know people's views!

Indeed and who wants to cook on holiday?

We can all pay £100 to watch Marc Pierre White crumble some Knorr cubes into a dish just like he does in the advert.

#sellout

Absolutely agree about MPW but I would be happy to pay £100 to cook with James Martin. I am obviously naive because I had assumed that each person would have their own work station but when I looked into it I found that you are partnered with someone else and I don't want to spend £100 to be working with someone I don't know and may not enjoy working with.

There is still availability for dinner with James Martin but I think that £150 is over the top given that many couples like to eat together so if one person wants to have dinner with James Martin then it actually costs £300.

I can understand you wanting to pay to eat with a fellow Yorkshire man - we have that sort of magnetism, however I'm always dubious about the "dinner with" concept, it won't be as intimate as it suggests.

He will be spread very thinly among the diners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodness, this whole concept is just a really good way to relieve persons of their money!!

My father-in-law used to gaffaw at zoos and bird parks charging visitors money to buy food to feed THEIR animals, also saved on labour! ;)

Will the celebrity chef actually stand over you to praise your efforts for 10 seconds before moving on the the next £100 paying customer??

"Cooking doesn,t get dearer than this!!" :eek:

Now £45 for a few hours with an unknown chef isn't too bad but yes £100 for a celeb chef is making my eyes water! Although I would have to make an exception for James Martin but ahem that's another story lol!

You can go to the NEC Good Food show and watch them cook for far less than that!

What made my mind really boggle was if 2 chefs hits a session then it's £200 a pop - for that money you can go and eat at a Michelin starred restaurant!

Now £45 for a few hours with an unknown chef isn't too bad but yes £100 for a celeb chef is making my eyes water! Although I would have to make an exception for James Martin but ahem that's another story lol!

Have you got your beer goggles on again? He's getting a bit bloaty these days!

Have you got your beer goggles on again? He's getting a bit bloaty these days!

Having to eat all those celebrity "pay to watch me eat" dinners put inches on the waistline........could be due to the bulging wallet! ;)

Goodness, this whole concept is just a really good way to relieve persons of their money!!My father-in-law used to gaffaw at zoos and bird parks charging visitors money to buy food to feed THEIR animals, also saved on labour! ;)

Will the celebrity chef actually stand over you to praise your efforts for 10 seconds before moving on the the next £100 paying customer??

"Cooking doesn,t get dearer than this!!" :eek:

Relieving people of their money whilst onboard is sadly the name of the game in mid market cruising nowadays. Bigger and bigger ships crammed with pay extra venues and activities at the expense of general public space. Keep the headline price as low as you can then aim to make the money whilst they a onboard. But no room, of course for a proper dedicated cinema. People cannot spend money whilst they are sitting in a cinema, so use the space for some revenue raising function instead.

Wasted oportunity IMHO. The James Martin Bistro on OV1&2 seemed to be popular, we even had James Martin in there one evening. Good food at a reasonable extra cost. Paying £100 each to be in the kitchen whilst meandering around the Caribean isn't top of our bucket list.

Wasted oportunity IMHO. The James Martin Bistro on OV1&2 seemed to be popular, we even had James Martin in there one evening. Good food at a reasonable extra cost. Paying £100 each to be in the kitchen whilst meandering around the Caribean isn't top of our bucket list.

Ours neither, can think of nothing worse than standing in a hot kitchen in the hot Caribbean for a couple of hours watching a sweaty James Martin drip into my food.

Maybe more enticing on one of those minus 30 degree Northern light endurance cruises.

Well this thread has made me lol!

Yes James Martin is a little bit chunky but hey he could still cook for me anyday! :)

Glad you said cook.

When he was an aspiring chef he used to come to Leeds and give free demo's at a high end kitchenalia store.

His family cooked on the Castle Howard estate in Yorkshire famed as the location for Brideshead Revisted.

Glad you said cook.

When he was an aspiring chef he used to come to Leeds and give free demo's at a high end kitchenalia store.

His family cooked on the Castle Howard estate in Yorkshire famed as the location for Brideshead Revisted.

And his restaurant on the OV2, The Bistro is still one of the best we've ever been to at sea (and on land for that matter) :)

Would we pay £100 to cook with him --- no chance, sorry.

I have only 4 more dinners to prepare and cook before we fly out to Sydney to join Arcadia 😄 no way I would EVER cook on holiday.

Now I do like to dine in their restaurants on land and sea. Had some wonderful meals in restaurants owned by Marco, Gordon and Jamie and want to try Atul's on Arcadia and I agree James is still very easy on the eye and he makes lovely puds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD