Beverage card

curiouscat

Beverage Cards:

$50.00 Beverage Card cost $50.00 (No Discount)

$50.00 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card cost $50.00 (No Discount)

$100.00 Beverage Card cost $100 (No Discount)

$250 Beverage Card cost $250 (No Discount)

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The ships have now changed from giving you a can to just about 6 ounces of fountain soda.

Your soda card is charged $1.50 + 15% gratuity ($0.23) for a total of $1.73 for each “glass” of soda.

Without a soda card, you can buy a “can” of soda for $1.95 + 15% gratuity ($0.30) for a total of $2.25 a can.

You can either order the Beverage cards online, through Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 -- have your credit card handy as you will be charged right away.

Or you can buy them once on the ship. Will be charged to your shipboard account.

You can use them to buy drinks, glasses of wine, bottles of wine and specialty coffees and teas in the Explorations Café. You can even buy cans of soda and bottled water.

The 15% gratuity will also be taken off the card.

If there anything left on your card at the end of the cruise, you will receive it back.

Wonder if I missed anything?

Beverage Cards:

$50.00 Beverage Card cost $50.00 (No Discount)

$50.00 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card cost $50.00 (No Discount)

$100.00 Beverage Card cost $100 (No Discount)

$250 Beverage Card cost $250 (No Discount)

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

The ships have now changed from giving you a can to just about 6 ounces of fountain soda.

Your soda card is charged $1.50 + 15% gratuity ($0.23) for a total of $1.73 for each “glass” of soda.

Without a soda card, you can buy a “can” of soda for $1.95 + 15% gratuity ($0.30) for a total of $2.25 a can.

You can either order the Beverage cards online, through Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 -- have your credit card handy as you will be charged right away.

Or you can buy them once on the ship. Will be charged to your shipboard account.

You can use them to buy drinks, glasses of wine, bottles of wine and specialty coffees and teas in the Explorations Café. You can even buy cans of soda and bottled water.

The 15% gratuity will also be taken off the card.

If there anything left on your card at the end of the cruise, you will receive it back.

Wonder if I missed anything?

If I order a soda I get a can or have them give me a glass w no Ice.. but don't drink much Diet Coke...

CC

I can't understand why anyone would buy a beverage card if you don't get any discount? Am I missing something?:confused:

I buy one because it is so much easier to balance out my account at the end of the cruise when I have one. There is one charge for the card on my bill, with maybe one or two more charges on my cabin card for the last night.

If I use my cabin card to purchase every drink, there are charges for every single drink. That's a lot if little pieces of paper, and a lot of lines, to check for errors. Especially on a cruise over 30 days, that's a lot of time spent checking a bill!

I buy one because it is so much easier to balance out my account at the end of the cruise when I have one. There is one charge for the card on my bill, with maybe one or two more charges on my cabin card for the last night.

If I use my cabin card to purchase every drink, there are charges for every single drink. That's a lot if little pieces of paper, and a lot of lines, to check for errors. Especially on a cruise over 30 days, that's a lot of time spent checking a bill!

Exactly. We love this method of accounting! Although we liked it even better when there was a small discount.

That is the precise reason I buy a beverage card as well. Like the previous poster, when there was a discount offered, it was even better.

I can't understand why anyone would buy a beverage card if you don't get any discount? Am I missing something?:confused:

Thanks, I knew someone would have a good reason. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Thanks, I knew someone would have a good reason.

The reason stated by Ruth is exactly the reason we use the cards. One little tip-----If you pre order the card online it will be waiting for you in your cabin with your name on it. Cards purchased onboard will not have a name printed on them. In a busy bar where the stewards are handling multiple cards the name makes it easy to make sure you are getting your own card back.

The first time you use your card the steward will need your room card so the two cards can be linked.

You get the discount of whatever lever of mariner you maybe. At least that is what happened on our late cruise. Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but we got 25% discount when we bought cans of pop (ginger ale) at the Exploration Café.

You get the discount of whatever lever of mariner you maybe. At least that is what happened on our late cruise. Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but we got 25% discount when we bought cans of pop (ginger ale) at the Exploration Café.

That does sound like a mistake. My understanding of the Mariner discount rules is that it applies to purchases made with the cabin card, but not the beverage card. When I purchase something at Explorations Café, I use my cabin card for that very reason.

That does sound like a mistake. My understanding of the Mariner discount rules is that it applies to purchases made with the cabin card, but not the beverage card. When I purchase something at Explorations Café, I use my cabin card for that very reason.

Has something changed?

It has always been and either/or proposition at the Explorations Cafe.

We've asked, believe me, and it is always the discount with the cabin card or no Mariner discount with the Bev Card.

Sorry I should have mentioned that it was with a cabin card. We purchased pop on the Lido deck and never got a discount, but we did at Exploration Café. We did not use a beverage card, have never bought one.