Transfers from Sydney airport to OPT

Esilef

We caught the train from the Airport to Circular quay when we cruised on Celebrity Solstice in December. A quick easy journey and a short walk from the train to the OPT.

Thanks to the efficient check in staff at OPT we were on board the ship having a look around within half an hour of getting of the train.

It's just me and my autistic 5yr son traveling.

Would rather spend $$ on ship than on expensive transfers

My son is a runner which means he will take off on me.

Hence I'm taking a backpack as our luggage

Perhaps the taxi may be better for you than the train, although either way you will need to have your son under control.

Taxi will probably be better as it will leave immediately and go straight to the OPT, which will probably be easier for your son. Shuttles buses often wait until they are full, and if not organised by the cruise line they will probably drop off at hotels along the way.

Hi,

We travelled by taxi in Feb 2014. The cost was $50 - which works out better than paying for 2 transfers via RCI and it goes direct.

I agree that it's going to be easier and less stressful to take a taxi. Mr 5 would have loved the train but we can do that another time.

I agree that it's going to be easier and less stressful to take a taxi. Mr 5 would have loved the train but we can do that another time.

To keep the cost of a taxi down, smile sweetly at the driver and ask that he does NOT take any toll roads. He will want to use them because he will finish the job faster and get on to the next job. If he uses toll roads, you have to pay the tolls on top of the taxi fare. :)

I'd just go the train then.

Cheapest option, and lots of space, more than a taxi!

Yes, but is too much excitement that good for one child?:p

Probably not but hey you only live once........ Besides it's not just the 5 yr you need to worry about....... I still get a bit excited on planes and cruise ships

There's also the public bus train combination if you have a lot of time. We are going up the day before. Bus 400 direction bondi will take you to mascot station. Then train to circular quay. If a senior its $2.50 for all day ticket bus train ferry. I know you wouldnt be a senior but info for others. Last time we got taxi OPT to domestic airport was $70

If you are going direct to ship just look around at taxi area for another couple with RCI luggage tags and ask if they would like to share we did that going back to airport.

william could then have a day of

car to airport

Plane

Bus

train

ferry

cruise ship

he would be happy and you exhausted.

Edited by Tara Jane

Actually if you just have a backpack you could probably take the train OK. I was more thinking of taxi versus shuttle bus.

It's very easy getting the train from the airport, and they run reasonably frequently. It's only a short walk to the OPT from Circular Quay station.