LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Really enjoying your photos and review. Since lobster night is Thursday, is that the 2nd formal night? Do you and your family dress for formal nights? I will be on FOS Western in May, taking my granddaughter and her boyfriend for her college graduation gift. They have never cruised before. They are so excited!

Robyn..... As I sit here iced in........it sure is fun to see these pictures of my favorite place on Labadee!! Continue to have fun on your cruise. I didn't plan my winter out very well this year! Not cruising til the end of April!! What's wrong with me!!

That's our favorite time to cruise. you will be on the 2nd part of your b2b a year after we got off Jewel. Can't wait to see what ship is sailing there in 2016

Are you referring to 9344. It is near the AFT elevators -- 2 floors up to WJ (and main pool) and elevators and stairs down to dining rooms. Very stable area. We have stayed in cabins all around the aft elevators on FR and MA. If I can't book this area initially, I will keep checking availability to get a cabin in this area. Lately have preferred starboard cabins for the routes FR does. I spend a lot of time on the balcony. We will be a bit too far down the waterway to enjoy the sendoffs from the restaurants but still will enjoy the sailaway.

I stayed in 9342 last time and again this time. Love the cabin location.

And one more for today....

The weather forecast for Falmouth, Jamaica tomorrow is 86 and sunny. Life is rough in the Caribbean :D

Labadee%20043_zpsewwphsij.jpg

Nostalgia time. Here is Freedom on my last visit to Labadee. 68 days and I will be back.

thfreedomlab.jpg

Am I missing something? I am only able to see the one picture that shows up in Robyn's post. When I follow link to Photo Bucket, it tells me that the pictures are private. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I created a Photo Bucket account but that didn't help. Thanks, :confused:

Am I missing something? I am only able to see the one picture that shows up in Robyn's post. When I follow link to Photo Bucket, it tells me that the pictures are private. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I created a Photo Bucket account but that didn't help. Thanks, :confused:

I'm seeing the photos in Robyn's posts fine.

I've seen this happen for a multitude of reasons. Are you at work? Also try a different browser, or just try again in a couple of hours. I am at work (waiting for 8am) occasionally photosharing sites don't make it past our screening.

I've seen this happen for a multitude of reasons. Are you at work? Also try a different browser, or just try again in a couple of hours. I am at work (waiting for 8am) occasionally photosharing sites don't make it past our screening.

The same thing happens here and usually if I just hit the refresh buttom on the browser the pics come up.

Regarding the barefoot beach buffet, was there a lot of flies on/near the food?

There were flies. I wouldn't say there were tons of them, but they were there. The crew does a good job at keeping things covered, but like any other outside venue with food, those uninvited guests will always show up :cool:

Good morning from the beautiful Freedom of the Seas! I opened the curtains to another day of brilliant sunshine. For those who pay a lot of attention to Caribbean ports weather reports, don't. There may be rain at times, but usually a passing shower.

Today's plan is pretty simple. We are going to wander around the port area, maybe do a little bit of shopping, and then enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the pool. One of the advantages to frequent cruising is that we have been to all of the ports multiple times and don't feel compelled to see and do something every time we dock :rolleyes:

It's time to head up to the Windjammer for breakfast. Funny how I am not typically a breakfast person at home, but I never miss it on a ship!

I will try and post many more pictures today (I have taken a lot from around the ship, including of the new cabin areas).

Glad you are all following along, much more to come!

Glad to see that I am not the only one who signs in to CC first thing at work :D

It's addicting, and love reading along.

Edited by LuCruise

Call gifts and gear at (800) 722-5443 and order an onboard credit to the cabin. As of a few days ago, they were still charging only 10% conversion.

I purchased $400 U.S. for my cruise in a few weeks and paid $440.00 CDN.:D

Thanks so much Shar...I am sooo jealous that you are cruising in only a few weeks and on the Oasis. Someday I will get on that ship!!! I am going to call that number today and order some obc! Thanks again and enjoy!

Same problem here. I have tried the suggestions listed but no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

Nostalgia time. Here is Freedom on my last visit to Labadee. 68 days and I will be back.

thfreedomlab.jpg

I must be at 54 days then! :D

I wont be doing a live review but I will check in from time to time with pics and such and to help answer any questions that MIGHT not get answered by then :)

We are scheduled to arrive in Falmouth at 10AM and we are going along at a pretty good clip right now :o

I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but what's on tap today? The last time I was on Freedom she went to Ocho Rios, I don't have plans for Fallmouth yet.

Was there a sailaway party on the bow yesterday?

Edited by BillOh

Good morning from the beautiful Freedom of the Seas! I opened the curtains to another day of brilliant sunshine. For those who pay a lot of attention to Caribbean ports weather reports, don't. There may be rain at times, but usually a passing shower.

Today's plan is pretty simple. We are going to wander around the port area, maybe do a little bit of shopping, and then enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the pool. One of the advantages to frequent cruising is that we have been to all of the ports multiple times and don't feel compelled to see and do something every time we dock :rolleyes:

It's time to head up to the Windjammer for breakfast. Funny how I am not typically a breakfast person at home, but I never miss it on a ship!

I will try and post many more pictures today (I have taken a lot from around the ship, including of the new cabin areas).

Glad you are all following along, much more to come!

Really enjoying your Live report Robyn :) Thanks for doing this! It really gets me excited for my trip in April! I have not been to Labadee, Falmouth or Grand Cayman so its all new for me!

The same thing happens here and usually if I just hit the refresh buttom on the browser the pics come up.

That's a good point, sometimes some photo sharing sites limit the bandwidth depending on the users subscription.