LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

I shot a video off my balcony, not sure how to upload it? Excuse my lack of tech ability. It may need to wait until I'm home.

Seas are still choppy and wavy, the pool deck is deserted. I am in the windjammer having lunch now. I earned it after a 2 hour nap [emoji6] gotta love a relaxing (unplanned!) day at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cayman is always hit or miss. Personally I am 50/50. I've been twice and missed twice. Oh well, it is what it is. Now I will spend a relaxing day enjoying my cabin and taking pictures to answer some of your questions. If the sun comes out later as the Captain seems to think it will, I will head up to the pool deck. We shall see.....

Hoepfully that is why I wait till Late April or May to cruise. This has me just a little worried. I like to schedule one dive per cruise and for this one I picked GC. Well, I'm 1 for 1 so far.

I shot a video off my balcony, not sure how to upload it? Excuse my lack of tech ability. It may need to wait until I'm home.

Seas are still choppy and wavy, the pool deck is deserted. I am in the windjammer having lunch now. I earned it after a 2 hour nap [emoji6] gotta love a relaxing (unplanned!) day at sea.

Thanks for the video!

You can probably use YouTube for the upload.

Hoepfully that is why I wait till Late April or May to cruise. This has me just a little worried. I like to schedule one dive per cruise and for this one I picked GC. Well, I'm 1 for 1 so far.

What company are you diving with? My son would love to dive when we cruise in July.

It will be my family's first time in FOS In March and are assigned table 490 on Isaac, if you get a chance could you take a picture of it for us, thanks!!!!

How do you know what your assigned table number is on FOS? We're on her in March and don't have our assigned table yet. I've never known which it is until I get to my cabin.

The Captain has a talk that is playing on the TV all day and he is saying that there are little weather systems all around us that are bringing wind and waves. He also said we will be sailing against the wind when we head back to PC. We are scheduled to depart Cozumel at 5:30pm tomorrow. Most passengers seem ok with everything, but there are a few walking around complaining.....I guess there are always a few [emoji295]️

How do you know what your assigned table number is on FOS? We're on her in March and don't have our assigned table yet. I've never known which it is until I get to my cabin.

I always email in advance and request a table in my preferred location. I don't have the email address here, maybe someone else does? It may be dining@rccl.com

Perhaps you can help. Now that Giovanni's Table has replaced Portofino's of FOS, did they offer the embarkation lunch like Oasis & Allure? Having logged into my reservations for our March sailing I see that Giovanni's is listed as dinner only.

Perhaps you can help. Now that Giovanni's Table has replaced Portofino's of FOS, did they offer the embarkation lunch like Oasis & Allure? Having logged into my reservations for our March sailing I see that Giovanni's is listed as dinner only.

Didn't look like it. We looked in on our way to the windjammer and there wasn't anyone in there. Maybe we were early so I could be wrong? I will ask.

So, by missing Grand Cayman..............will you be re-imbursed with OBC?

Is it prorated to fare or cabin?

How much should you get?

Thanks

Safe journey

I don't believe there is OBC for missing a port due to weather? It is beyond RCI's control. Maybe they will refund the port fees, but that's all.

What company are you diving with? My son would love to dive when we cruise in July.

On this occasion I went with a royal sponsored shore dive that I believe is walking distance from the port where we tender. I was going to go with a private company, but the couple going with us canceled so I don't want to leave my wife all alone all day, so I went with the early morning dive at the port and will meet my wife on shore around 10am.

I don't believe there is OBC for missing a port due to weather? It is beyond RCI's control. Maybe they will refund the port fees, but that's all.

Yeah, we missed GC on Thanksgiving 2013 due to rough seas and we got port fees back, but no OBC. Thankfully, that was the one excursion we booked on the ship, so that got refunded right away.

Yeah, we missed GC on Thanksgiving 2013 due to rough seas and we got port fees back, but no OBC. Thankfully, that was the one excursion we booked on the ship, so that got refunded right away.

None for us when we missed either. It was still a great day. More relaxed than we'd planned which was probably a good thing.