LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Why is everyone inside? Is it raining outside? Too windy to be out?

Are you allowed on the open decks or are they recommending everyone stay inside?

How does the movement compare to the Explorer?

Right now there is no access to the outside deck area on 4. There is caution tape everywhere. I believe the pools may also be closed, but I haven't ventured up there yet.

We have been enjoying coffee in the CL and we were chatting with some fellow CC peeps. Shout out to Pamela! Great to meet you[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty close to our 469. Hope we have good waiter and assistant waiter as well as head waiter. A few years ago, we had Premad as Head Waiter and he was great.

Hi Sherri, Rahul and I were just talking about you [emoji3] all good and he is looking forward to seeing you!

Thanks Robyn for posting the photos of your family . There are so many questions being directed your way , I thank you for taking the time on your anniversary cruise to do this.

Trainman 2 ...... It was your live reporting on what I believe was this same cruise that got me hooked. I hope , all is well with you !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's really no big deal, I am enjoying it as much as everyone is reading it! I am a big fan of Trainman as well. I follow his daily blog here on CC.

I am so enjoying this thread. Thanks again for doing this. I am one of the weirdos who enjoys a wavy day at sea. As long as it is only one day!

Any chance you could snap a phot of the room service menu? We are considering having hors d'oeuvre in our suite for a group and I was wondering what was offered along those lines through room service. I realize we may have to coordinate it through the consierge, I suppose?

05765a222bfd47cbbd519cfe476fb83b.jpg

I am so enjoying this thread. Thanks again for doing this. I am one of the weirdos who enjoys a wavy day at sea. As long as it is only one day!

Any chance you could snap a phot of the room service menu? We are considering having hors d'oeuvre in our suite for a group and I was wondering what was offered along those lines through room service. I realize we may have to coordinate it through the consierge, I suppose?

f850478c54a9bb6a9fd8d35894fd0d36.jpg

Yes, that's Michael Rasmussen, the Hotel Director.

Thanks for the picture of Michael. It's great that the officers are mixing with passengers in the Royal Promenade and updating them.

I wonder if the bands from the very cold system we are getting her in the USA are causing the wind, which cause the waves etc.

Terminal 1 is really easy to find. If you have sailed out of PC before, no GPS required.

We have sailed out of Port C 17 or 18 times so we are very familiar with the port and surrounding area. I am not worried about finding Terminal 1. We almost always stay at Residence Inn and eat at one of the portside restaurants. We tried to get into Grills last December but could not find parking -- we could see the almost-ready Terminal 1. From our robocall, it sounds like signage will be good. Edited by SherriZ366

Here is another picture of the ocean. It is super windy even though the sun is trying to make an appearance. We are really moving from side to side...

We really need some video Robyn. You can stand out on the edge of helicopter pad, have one of your kids hold the camera, and do one of those "Weather Channel" type reports. :D

Hi Sherri, Rahul and I were just talking about you [emoji3] all good and he is looking forward to seeing you!

Thanks Robyn and we (and the other couple we cruse with) are looking forward to seeing him too!! He is a wonderful concierge and a great guy!

We really need some video Robyn. You can stand out on the edge of helicopter pad, have one of your kids hold the camera, and do one of those "Weather Channel" type reports. :D

Yes Robyn, you could be an intrepid reporter just like someone else we all know and love!!:p

The Captain announced that the sea conditions are not favorable today and it would be impossible for tender operations. The picture I posted does not do the waves justice. We are bouncing around the edge of Grand Cayman. The ship is swaying side to side.... I feel bad for anyone who suffers from sea sickness, this won't be good for them. The Captain is hopeful there will be sunshine later today. Right now he is making a wide turn that will take us away from GC. Feels like a carnival ride!

He made an announcement!? :eek: Oh my God, it's totally ruining the cruise for those who demand strict silence! :D

Seriously, though. Looks pretty rough! I only missed a port one time and that was on our honeymoon. Very rough after we left San Juan and the next day we couldn't get into Grand Turk because of 45+ knot winds at the pier. Hopefully, you're in an isolated area and will be out of it soon!

He made an announcement!? :eek: Oh my God, it's totally ruining the cruise for those who demand strict silence! :D

Seriously, though. Looks pretty rough! I only missed a port one time and that was on our honeymoon. Very rough after we left San Juan and the next day we couldn't get into Grand Turk because of 45+ knot winds at the pier. Hopefully, you're in an isolated area and will be out of it soon!

We missed Grand Cayman on Mariner once when there was a Tropical Storm. Captain Johnny sailed around the edge of the storm and we were out of the bad weather by mid-day. Had a great sea day.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually kind of like rough days at sea. I like feeling the ship rock back and forth and I like seeing the impressive force of the ocean/sea/gulf. The one thing about the Oasis that really bummed me out was how little she rocked in the water.

Thank you for the picture of the room service menu. I had heard that Honey Stung Chicken had been removed and it is cool to see it there. My 4yo often ends up eating room service since he doesn't do well with the hustle and bustle of the dining rooms or buffets and the HSC appears to be about as close as we will get to chicken nuggets or tenders.

Update! No Grand Cayman! The ship is pitching and rolling like crazy. 7c21a012325eb3f3b3600931ed4d0a48.jpg

Booo! That has happened to us before. On our last cruise we booked an excursion to see the stringrays, got all the way out to Stringray City and before we could got off the boat the Coast Guard shut it down. :-(

The Nellie's cabanas are very similar to the Barefoot cabanas. They run $175 to $250 per cabana, and hold up to 6 people. The Adrenaline cabanas are not the same at all, more like tents. I don't know the price of those.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone else have info about the Adrenaline cabanas?

Loving the review - we're on the same itinerary in May!

Booo! That has happened to us before. On our last cruise we booked an excursion to see the stringrays, got all the way out to Stringray City and before we could got off the boat the Coast Guard shut it down. :-(

We had a ship excursion for stingray city get cancelled, but we were still able to tender in