LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Okay, here is the update on lounger cushions straight from Michael Rasmussen - Hotel Director. They were thrown out during drydock and were supposed to have been replaced, but they have yet to receive the shipment. He did not know when they would arrive, but for those of you on the next cruise, you won't have them.

Interesting to note that when I mentioned CC, Michael made it clear that they " don't have time to read all that stuff" and the way he said it made me believe that they don't take it all that seriously, or see it as a forum for helpful feedback. That's too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the Oasis first Caribbean Sailing after drydock, I will never do that again there was so much not completed and after reading I got thinking about our deck, we were in the Aqua Theatre Suite and you know I don't think we had padding on our loungers either.

We rarely used our balcony so can't be 100% sure I will look at my pictures. We booked that cabin thinking we would use that large balcony all the time I think we ate once out there and watched the dive show once, imagine we got that room for the balcony but the ship is so big we just ran out of time to enjoy our large balcony. I would like to say next time but I would never spend that money again on a cabin like that we pretty much just slept and showered in there.

Robyn, thanks so much for posting live I have been enjoying it all week and you have done a fab job, I too am sad to see it coming to an end.

Safe trip home too bad you are heading North though...I am in Ottawa and this winter has been absolutely brutal and I am just sick of it as I sit watching the snow fall, we are getting pretty good amounts today. On a positive side it is milder than -30's, I hope those days are over for this year!

Although we have been on several RC cruises we have never eaten lunch in the MDR. Everyone talks about the salad but what else do they have? Is there a lunch menu posted outside the MDR? I also wonder about MDR breakfast- what do they serve?

There is a full menu in the MDR at lunch. The salad is my fave though [emoji4]2b518377719065f44b02b4414fd44cce.jpg

1828 is What type of room? It looks spacious with a balcony

We have 1830, which is next door on the March 8th cruise....a new cabin, one would think everything is all new. Will let you know after we have cruise...(2 weeks away)!!

It's true. Shoes and shirts are required in all dining venues onboard, including the windjammer casual dining. However, you can take a plate of food out to the pool and enjoy it in your bathing suit [emoji4] some RC ships have poolside BBQ on sea days and of course you will be able to enjoy that in your bathing suit too!

Catch-22, you have to put on shirt and shoes to go into WJ. ;)

Although we have been on several RC cruises we have never eaten lunch in the MDR. Everyone talks about the salad but what else do they have? Is there a lunch menu posted outside the MDR? I also wonder about MDR breakfast- what do they serve?

Linda posted some representative lunch menus:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42356374&postcount=8

If you are on board for an Eastern Itinerary and you can't find your Tag on board, I can recommend a Jeweler in St. Thomas and St. Maarten who might have the one you are looking to buy. In St. Thomas it is James in Ballerina I Jewelers - across from AH Riise and in St. Maarten it is Victor at Shoppers Haven - 49 Front St. I have dealt with both of these men for over 20 years now and they are very reliable. Tell them Cheryl sent you.

Enjoy your cruise and get her ready for me as i'm on in two weeks!!!!

Cheryl

We will be on the Western unfortunately. 2 cruises this year- both the western :( thanks though

Okay, here's your answer. I am officially having the worst hair day now thanks to this little mission I had to run for you....there is actually a bigger shaded area on St. Tropez [emoji1] the wind is so strong I couldn't bring out my phone, otherwise I would have taken a pic.

Guess what? Now you owe me......cue sinister music [emoji48]

Thanks! Trust me, Maho, the fence, one 747 and then you will realize that you have never had a bad hair day before.:eek::D:D

Sherri, if you stop in to visit him on Wednesday, will you tell him that Cheryl and Heather will be there in two weeks with the next generation please!!!! He is so nice and so is his father!

Will you be doing a live post for us?

Cheryl

Will do. His wife Varsha is a doll - and his sons are now in the business. The older one got married last summer. Will try to pot but probably won' do a live thread.

The Bridge tour was very informative. We have one non operational fixipod as we already know. In case you need a visual, here it is at zero.c36ab49e9cc03e2214e7e725b352a5c3.jpg

The 1st Officer confirmed that it is not operational, however he stated that there is enough power in the 2 azipods to keep the ship moving at speeds necessary to reach ports on time.

3555dfdf5d7135d19e6a088e93226617.jpg

Thanks! Trust me, Maho, the fence, one 747 and then you will realize that you have never had a bad hair day before.:eek::D:D

Please let me know when this is going to happen, because I want to be there to video.:D

Please let me know when this is going to happen, because I want to be there to video.:D

I'll be back on the Adventure next February and will visit St. Maarten......who's gonna take the picture?!?!? [emoji15][emoji574]️[emoji23]

The 1st Officer confirmed that it is not operational, however he stated that there is enough power in the 2 azipods to keep the ship moving at speeds necessary to reach ports on time.

You mentioned before that they were going to be working on the fixipod during the Eastern Itinerary in St Thomas and Sint Maarten. Did the captain give any indication on whether he thinks it will be fixed after just those 2 port stops, or if it will take longer?

By the way, thank you for doing this live review. It has been an exciting part of my day to check this thread every so often. Love your pictures? Only 8 more days for us!

You mentioned before that they were going to be working on the fixipod during the Eastern Itinerary in St Thomas and Sint Maarten. Did the captain give any indication on whether he thinks it will be fixed after just those 2 port stops, or if it will take longer?

By the way, thank you for doing this live review. It has been an exciting part of my day to check this thread every so often. Love your pictures? Only 8 more days for us!

No, there was no mention of what work will be done and/or when. The main takeaway from the conversation was that the azipods are fully functional and capable of keeping the ship at speeds necessary to reach each port in a timely manner.

Glad you are enjoying! [emoji3]