President's Weekend Sale - Good to 55+

njaloha

When I first looked at the prices for the Summit Bermuda sailing on May 1st, I thought the prices weren't that great until I checked off the 55+. $1000 off! :eek: So tempting. Good to be over 55!!!

I seen that also and then noticed that the all in promo does not apply. This supports everyone's suspicion that those promos are really costing us.

Is the promo really worth $1000 extra? One TA offers free gratuities, and some SBC for that price. So you could book it, pay for the drink pack and have some cash left or jsut pay ala cart and drink more in Bermuda or not drink at all as many claim they don't.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I seen that also and then noticed that the all in promo does not apply. This supports everyone's suspicion that those promos are really costing us.

Is the promo really worth $1000 extra? One TA offers free gratuities, and some SBC for that price. So you could book it, pay for the drink pack and have some cash left or jsut pay ala cart and drink more in Bermuda or not drink at all as many claim they don't.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Yes, I noticed when I went back that the OBC went away. And I noticed that it was a NJ resident rate. oh well...... Hey, it's good to live in NJ. Yeah!!!

Does the all in promo apply to resident or military pricing for CC and above categories? It didn't seem that it was coming up in the terms and conditions when I was looking?

It didn't come up for me either but it was confusing because on the top of the offer it made mention of the 123go program and the All three if you book CC or higher. The residence discount came up for New York as well. My guess is that the lower price does not include the other promotions. At least that has been my experience in the past.

just do a mock booking and compare prices. My cruise was still cheaper using 1-2-3 than it would have been with the senior discount. If you would not be buying a beverage package then the senior discount would be the better deal. Just do your homework.

Laura

I am already booked on the May 31st Bermuda cruise. I am a NJ Resident and it looks like the fare would be almost $500pp less under this new promotion. Final payment is not yet due. Do you think I can get a price adjustment?

I am going to call my TA, but I was just wondering if anyone has already accomplished this.

Thanks!! :D

I am already booked on the May 31st Bermuda cruise. I am a NJ Resident and it looks like the fare would be almost $500pp less under this new promotion. Final payment is not yet due. Do you think I can get a price adjustment?

I am going to call my TA, but I was just wondering if anyone has already accomplished this.

Thanks!! :D

Yes,you should be able to. I got a adjustment with the presidents day sale.

Laura

Yes,you should be able to. I got a adjustment with the presidents day sale.

Laura

The agent I work with is out of the office today. Another agent told me that I can get the adjustment, but I would lose the OBC, the free gratuities and the beverage package because he could not combine the promotions. I decided to leave things as they are.

The agent I work with is out of the office today. Another agent told me that I can get the adjustment, but I would lose the OBC, the free gratuities and the beverage package because he could not combine the promotions. I decided to leave things as they are.

That's exactly right. If you choose to get the price adjustment for the resident or senior discount, it is NOT combinable with the other promos.

We would save $300 each but lose our drinks, gratuities and OBC. It's basically a wash, so we are staying with our package.

Have them check out the presidents day sale that is good through the 16th. With this promotion I kept all my 1,2,3 promos and got a price reduction.

Laura

Have them check out the presidents day sale that is good through the 16th. With this promotion I kept all my 1,2,3 promos and got a price reduction.

Laura

I just did the same thing. Our cabin only went down $50 per person. I was able to apply that and keep my bev pkg and free grats. My obc was decreased from $125 to $100. So, I got a $75 reduction. It's not much but I'll take it!

Got my reduction of $200 pp and kept our all inclusive for veranda offer to Europe on a 7 day cruise. My agent has had many phone calls for us, and I do feel guilty; but it has been so worth it! The last two promotions saved us $1,000. Now if we could only reduce our airfare! Premium Economy cost us $4,800! Yikes!

That's exactly right. If you choose to get the price adjustment for the resident or senior discount, it is NOT combinable with the other promos.

We would save $300 each but lose our drinks, gratuities and OBC. It's basically a wash, so we are staying with our package.

I think it depends on who you talk to. I've received several price drops (resident rate) on my upcoming Alaska cruise and was also able to get the Presidents' Day drop without losing my OBC for onboard booking or the OBC I was able to add later as part of a 123GO offer.

I think it depends on who you talk to. I've received several price drops (resident rate) on my upcoming Alaska cruise and was also able to get the Presidents' Day drop without losing my OBC for onboard booking or the OBC I was able to add later as part of a 123GO offer.

I think the gentleman who was assisting me was looking at the resident rate. But I am going to ask my agent about the President's Weekend rate. That should apply without interfering with my 123Go offer. I am booked in a sky suite.

I was told by Celebrity as well as two separate TAs (two different companies) that the resident rate is NOT combinable with the 123GO offer.

Did you go through Celebrity or a TA?

I currently had my aqua 2 cabin for a June sailing for Bermuda---

This included the drinks and gratuities--

I was told that if I used the residence (California) sale, it was definately not combinable with the free drinks and gratuities-- But that if I did just the presidents day sale, she could lower our fare $100 per person and add $300 obc.

I asked several times are you SURE that residence sale and 55 plus won't work with the included gratuites and beverage package, and she insisted no, but that money wise, it ends up about the same either way.

But what I am confused is that she said that the taxes and fees dropped from $225 to $203---yet when she redid the invoice, the change is not shown. Do I need to give Celebrity yet another call?

I currently had my aqua 2 cabin for a June sailing for Bermuda---

This included the drinks and gratuities--

I was told that if I used the residence (California) sale, it was definately not combinable with the free drinks and gratuities-- But that if I did just the presidents day sale, she could lower our fare $100 per person and add $300 obc.

I asked several times are you SURE that residence sale and 55 plus won't work with the included gratuites and beverage package, and she insisted no, but that money wise, it ends up about the same either way.

But what I am confused is that she said that the taxes and fees dropped from $225 to $203---yet when she redid the invoice, the change is not shown. Do I need to give Celebrity yet another call?

The port charges went down about $20 from the time we booked. From what I understand, if you booked at the higher charge, you will get the difference back in OBC during the cruise.

Not sure why, if you were getting a new invoice, it couldn't be changed - unless it just stays the same as your original booking.

This is the fine print that is very difficult to read under the terms and conditions.

All other 123Go! Offers: Cruise must be booked Jan.14-Feb. 28, 2015 ("Offer Period"). Offer applies to 3-night and longer cruises departing March 2015-April 2017 booked at the non-discounted standard rate. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition and certain sailings. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings."

Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08, select sailings and based on double occupancy.

123Go! All Inclusive 2015 Europe and Alaska Offer: Cruise must be booked Jan. 21– Feb. 16, 2015 and must be a 6-night or longer Europe or Alaska cruise that departs in 2015; standard veranda category stateroom (up to category FV). Offer provides first and second guests with all three options: Classic Beverage Package, Free Gratuities, and a $300 stateroom onboard credit ("OBC"). Sailings of 3-5 nights do not qualify for this all-inclusive offer.

All other 123Go! Offers: Cruise must be booked Jan.14-Feb. 28, 2015 ("Offer Period"). Offer applies to 3-night and longer cruises departing March 2015-April 2017 booked at the non-discounted standard rate. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition and certain sailings. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings."

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go#sthash.1fEzKA7X.dpuf

Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08, select sailings and based on double occupancy.

123Go! All Inclusive 2015 Europe and Alaska Offer: Cruise must be booked Jan. 21– Feb. 16, 2015 and must be a 6-night or longer Europe or Alaska cruise that departs in 2015; standard veranda category stateroom (up to category FV). Offer provides first and second guests with all three options: Classic Beverage Package, Free Gratuities, and a $300 stateroom onboard credit ("OBC"). Sailings of 3-5 nights do not qualify for this all-inclusive offer.

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go#sthash.1fEzKA7X.dpuf

The e-mail I received today from Celebrity claims in large print:

Save up to $1,000* per stateroom on 2015 cruises to Europe, Alaska, the Caribbean, Bermuda, Asia, and Australia, with over 185 sailings to choose from. PLUS, receive our amazing 123go! offer for an even greater value.

It says PLUS not OR!

Moreover, in small prints it says:

All Offers: Cruise must be booked Feb 12- 16, 2015 ("Offer Period") on select cruises that depart in 2015. Savings offer varies and is up to $1000 per stateroom. Savings offer is combinable one other offer including 123go! or 123go! All Inclusive offer in applicable categories. Savings Offer: Applies to select 2015 Europe, Caribbean, Bermuda, Asia, Australia, South America, and Alaska cruises. Savings amount is up to $1,000 per stateroom and varies by sailing. Savings Offer is combinable with one other offer including 123Go offer; applies to select stateroom categories in inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge class, Aqua class, and suites (inside category not eligible for the 123GO offers). For Savings offer book promotion President Sale. Savings offer is only applicable to prevailing rates.

That seems clear to me. Why are our TA receiving different explanations why they call Celebrity? False publicity?

The e-mail I received today from Celebrity claims in large print:

Save up to $1,000* per stateroom on 2015 cruises to Europe, Alaska, the Caribbean, Bermuda, Asia, and Australia, with over 185 sailings to choose from. PLUS, receive our amazing 123go! offer for an even greater value.

It says PLUS not OR!

Moreover, in small prints it says:

All Offers: Cruise must be booked Feb 12- 16, 2015 ("Offer Period") on select cruises that depart in 2015. Savings offer varies and is up to $1000 per stateroom. Savings offer is combinable one other offer including 123go! or 123go! All Inclusive offer in applicable categories. Savings Offer: Applies to select 2015 Europe, Caribbean, Bermuda, Asia, Australia, South America, and Alaska cruises. Savings amount is up to $1,000 per stateroom and varies by sailing. Savings Offer is combinable with one other offer including 123Go offer; applies to select stateroom categories in inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge class, Aqua class, and suites (inside category not eligible for the 123GO offers). For Savings offer book promotion President Sale. Savings offer is only applicable to prevailing rates.

That seems clear to me. Why are our TA receiving different explanations why they call Celebrity? False publicity?

You are getting your discounts confused. The Presidents day SALES ARE combinable with the 123Go promos. (We saved $200 for Presidents day, and still have our 123 promo.)

The resident and senior discounts (and other special discounts) are NOT combinable with the 123Go promos.