Cabin upgrade offer - Thank you very much for considering me RCL!!!!

Hoopster95

I just got my first ever phone call from my TA for a paid upgrade offer. 10-day Legend, 3 in our room, a J interior to a balcony. She had the RCL rep on the line as I asked what balcony available... she said any available balcony I want, including one of two remaining aft D1's!!!!!!! Total cost to upgrade = $300!!! :D

Thank you again Royal... Nah, I'm not happy or anything :D:D:D:D:D

I just got my first ever phone call from my TA for a paid upgrade offer. 10-day Legend, 3 in our room, a J interior to a balcony. She had the RCL rep on the line as I asked what balcony available... she said any available balcony I want, including one of two remaining aft D1's!!!!!!! Total cost to upgrade = $300!!! :D

Thank you again Royal... Nah, I'm not happy or anything :D:D:D

Oh, Claudio, that is FANTASTIC! You three are going to be SO MUCH happier in that D1 than in an interior!

Bon Voyage!

:)

Yay! I am so happy for you! Seems like RC was very busy yesterday. I am hoping that they make a call to all of my friends that are sailing on her with us too. They are all Diamond Plus, in Oceanview cabins and have never been offered an upgrade or upsell.

See you at the M&M! ;);)

Wait. So your TA called and offered the upgrade? The only time I've been upgraded was when they automatically upgraded for free. We were upgraded twice for the same cruise but they never called, they just did it. I wasn't complaining because it was to a balcony and it was awesome. I didn't know they call people to offer them though. Interesting.

Wait. So your TA called and offered the upgrade? The only time I've been upgraded was when they automatically upgraded for free. We were upgraded twice for the same cruise but they never called, they just did it. I wasn't complaining because it was to a balcony and it was awesome. I didn't know they call people to offer them though. Interesting.

In the past six months or so, the Upgrade Fairy has had a makeover. She is now the Upsell Fairy.

These are upsells- They are offering them at a reduced cost.

Thank you again Royal... Nah, I'm not happy or anything

Congrats!! enjoy your balcony & happy cruising!!:)

In the past six months or so, the Upgrade Fairy has had a makeover. She is now the Upsell Fairy.

Yes, that seems to be true. The one question I have does the up sell fairly go by how many cruises you have or how much you paid for your stateroom?

Thank you again Royal... Nah, I'm not happy or anything :D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations and enjoy your wonderful aft D1 balcony!

Happy cruise, you are going to get addicted........

Congratulations and enjoy your wonderful aft D1 balcony!

Happy cruise, you are going to get addicted........

Addicted?!?!? Lol!... I am waaaaay beyond that already :p

If it's regard to the aft balcony, I had the most coveted corner wrap around on Vision 2 years ago and it was spectacular... I don't think anything will beat that balcony. Before and after that I've gone from insides to OV's to balcony on various ships no problem... I go with the flow and enjoy all types of cabins depending on the deal, ship, itinerary & whether I'm solo or not :)

The one question I have does the up sell fairly go by how many cruises you have or how much you paid for your stateroom?

I would like to think it's due to loyalty. Per our roll call, Other D+'ers were called, one specifically said in our roll call they already have a mid-ship balcony and because of her sea-sickness, stayed put rather than going aft. I got a great deal on an interior during BOGOHO#1 so I was not a big spender, but still got the phone call. Coloradobabe who posted on her own thread about her upgrade, and booked only a a couple of weeks ago, again is RCL often cruiser and went from interior to balcony so I'm only guessing this upsell had nothing to do with how much you've spent or when you booked.

If this is the case, RCI should have an opportunity to say or advertise that they'll try to do this when they can to their loyal customers, especially with all the feedback on these boards by many long time cruisers (and not complainers, but good ambassadors to RCL) who have spoken about legitimate complaints and pricing issues re: benefits, bogus sales, etc.... I've read about these upsell calls on several threads in the past but never ever heard of one specifically from friends on board. Now I can say it's true... and it's also true you can get an upsell from an interior to a much higher class of stateroom, not just an OV. I suspect an upgrade, not an upsell, is from INT to OV only.

I also suspect that because this ship is older, has fewer amenities, spring break cruise with kids that many older cruisers may not want, etc... there will be less D+'ers and likely no PNs on board, and thus the upsell fairy got to my name when going down the list for an upsell call (I'm a new'er D+ with 214 pts, compared to getting an upsell on Oasis for example with hundreds of C&A members above me). And now because of this incredible upgrade my gf & I are talking about maybe trying a drink package and spending more money on board (ie. actually doing Izumi's and Chops 2 or 3 times instead of once). What goes around comes around in my books... do unto others as they do unto you :D

Edited by Hoopster95

WOW!! Congrats on the upgrade! Interior to aft balcony for $30 more per night. I would take that offer every time!: Only problem is, we have never been offered an upgrade by RCL ever. :(

Edited by cruisingsince94