Pools on Regal

crusinpeg

I have read various post about the pools on the Royal, some saying some pools are heated and some are not.

When on the Royal recently I tried three pools (one after the other) and could not tell if they were heated, but all three were at about the same temperature (slightly cool when getting in, but feeling fine once in them).

I do not know if what they do on the Regal is the same as on the Royal.

Just off the Regal a week ago. The pools were not freezing cold, but they weren't balmy warm either. My guess would be maybe 78f. Not easy to get in but ok once wet. I like my pools warmer. I would guess they were heated slightly but not enough. The cold water from my bathroom sink was much warmer.

No solarium pool.

Edited by yoyosma

Just off the Regal a week ago. The pools were not freezing cold, but they weren't balmy warm either. My guess would be maybe 78f. Not easy to get in but ok once wet. I like my pools warmer. I would guess they were heated slightly but not enough. The cold water from my bathroom sink was much warmer.

No solarium pool.

Thank you.

Other than the sanctuary, is there an adult only pool?

Thank you.

Other than the sanctuary, is there an adult only pool?

No pool in the Sanctuary on the Regal. The adult pool is in the Retreat just aft of the Sanctuary.

BTW, I think all of the pools are heated, just not as much as most people would like.

Mid jan the retreat pool was about 75....not bad if you are hot from lying out but that was never going to happen because the wind never stopped blowing!....like a wind tunnel up there....hoping it is not always that windy ....would love to sail regal again and be able to enjoy that pool!

I would like to know if the Regal has a "solarium" pool ( coverd) and if it is adult only?

We have enjoyed enclosed pools that were ADULT only on other cruise lines and they were very relaxing.

Like the last version of Grand-class ships the Royal-class ships do not have a covered pool.

I would like to know if the Regal has a "solarium" pool ( coverd) and if it is adult only?

We have enjoyed enclosed pools that were ADULT only on other cruise lines and they were very relaxing.

My last experience with one of Celebrity Cruises 'relaxing' solarium covered pools was on the Celebrity Millennium; inclement weather on a western Caribbean cruise (very high winds, cool temps in December) drove most everyone away from the main pools and inside. Not just adults, but kids too, since it seems to be a Celebrity Cruises policy that that was OK. The Solarium became soooo overcrowded and sooooooooooo noisy it was like being in an old high school gymnasium during a pep rally.

:D

The pools are not heated. I have been living in Florida for 12 years and I am sure that cruisers from Canada And other northern climates don't find the pool temp that bad, but for me it's very cold. The pool in my condo is heated and this once hearty New Yorker is now a wuss. The ocean temp in summer and fall is about 85 degrees here , paradise!!!