Diamond Club Alternative ......

cheers55

I read where someone on here mentioned that if you are diamond and the diamond lounge is too crowded that we can get 3 drinks at any bar on the ship. Does anyone know if that is true? Also, is that per day? During diamond lounge hours? I tried to respond but no response back. I may call crown and anchor and ask. Just thought I would reach out to see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read where someone on here mentioned that if you are diamond and the diamond lounge is too crowded that we can get 3 drinks at any bar on the ship. Does anyone know if that is true? Also, is that per day? During diamond lounge hours? I tried to respond but no response back. I may call crown and anchor and ask. Just thought I would reach out to see.

Yes, it is true. Each Diamond (and above) member gets 3 drink vouchers per day, to be used at any bar, during the cocktail hours of the Diamond Lounge. You are limited to the same drinks they serve in the lounge. If you don't use all 3 vouchers, they expire and you start with 3 the next day.

The number of folks in the lounge is not a factor. All D and above are given the benefit. See Bob's post for specific details.

enjoy

M

I can only assume this works during dinner as well as its generally during diamond lounge hours.

Your assumption is incorrect. The three free drinks loaded on your card are valid in "most bars." The Dining room and the showroom are specifically excluded.

Yes, they are loaded to your sea pass on a daily basis.

They can be used from 5pm to 8.30 pm, you cannot get a drink in the dining room using your free coupons but you can carry in a drink to the table from a bar.

The Diamond lounge has food, like chicken wings, chesse and vegs for snacking on while drinking and talking.

We perfer the lounge as we get to meet may great people and likely see them again on a royal cruise

Sue

I can only assume this works during dinner as well as its generally during diamond lounge hours.

Yes, lounge hours can vary by ship. Could be 4:30 to 8PM or 5:00 to 8:30PM.

Your assumption is incorrect. The three free drinks loaded on your card are valid in "most bars." The Dining room and the showroom are specifically excluded.

You can redeem your vouchers in the theater. You can not redeem them in the MDR.

Edited by cruisenfever

You can redeem your vouchers in the theater. You can not redeem them in the MDR.

I am onboard Rhapsody at this very moment Both the Dining room and the showroom are specifically excluded.

I am onboard Rhapsody at this very moment Both the Dining room and the showroom are specifically excluded.

The theater being excluded is not what we've experienced on Navigator, Enchantment, Explorer, and Adventure.

Edited by clarea

Must be because you are cruising around Australia where they could be different rules to the program:D Royal Caribbean is famous for inconsistency amongst its fleet.

The theater being excluded is not what we've experienced on Navigator, Enchantment, Explorer, and Adventure.

Our experiences as well.

Edited by cruisenfever

I enjoy the Diamond Lounge in general, with all snacks and people to socialize with. At times we travel with Gold, Platinum or Emerald members so it would be nice not have to leave them behind. We could go to any bar and still take advantage of Diamond status. Very good to know. Thank you for the live response from the Rhapsody, but what are you doing on this message board...enjoy your cruise!!! cheers!! Thanks again.

On our more recent cruises (8) since the vouchers have been instituted, the dining room, restaurants, and windjammer have been excluded from voucher use. The rules are clearly noted on the letter one receives in the cabin. We have been able to use the vouchers in the theater, as long as it was during the appropriate time for voucher use.

It has never occurred to me to ask a server to break the rules and provide me with a "voucher drink" in the dining room. It really puts the server in a difficult situation. Either they make a customer unhappy and perhaps get a bad rating on the survey, or they risk their job by breaking a rule.

M

Guest maddycat
It won't hurt to ask in the Dining room, particularly on the Quantum. On the Quantum Jan 23 cruise I was able to order Diamond Lounge drinks in the various dining rooms.

Thanks for the information.

showroom is not excluded. Only dining room, windjammer, champagne bar, and specialty restaurants.

Edited by SeaUs