San Diego hotels

Hawkeye1946

Hi...

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find it...please excuse!

I will be traveling solo and looking for a decent hotel with complimentary shuttle from airport and pier. An on site restaurant would be nice. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Come over to the West Coast Departures board, where there are many threads on the topic.

The airport is so close to the port area, with about 5 hotels close by, that even if a shuttle isn't offered, it is a very cheap taxi ride, airport to hotel, and walking distance to the ship, if you don't have mobility issues.

We recently had a nice stay at the Wyndham which is directly (couldn't be closer) across the street from the passenger ship terminal. We had a bayfront with a balcony and awoke to our ship staring at us through the glass.:D Down the elevator and roll directly across the street into the terminal. Could not be easier. Room service was good. There are lots of restaurants in a block or two. We ate the evening meal, again just across the street, at Anthony's Fish Grotto. A bit touristy but the food and service were very good. Will do this again if HAL rescinds the leave San Diego plan.......Or if we get enough nerve to try NCL.:eek: BTW, a very short ride from the airport and yes, they have a shuttle.

I second the Wyndham as a good hotel just across from the pier. If you get a room that faces the pier could can watch your ship come in. Yes they do have a shuttle service. Its been a while since I've stayed there, but there was a cafe on the premises for food.

I sail solo and like the Hampton Inn on Pacific Hwy. It's a 2-block walk over to the terminal. The HI is behind the Wyndam in a diagonal direction. There's not an onsite restaurant, but it's a quick walk over to Anthony's or to Little Italy. You can also order in. They do have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport. The shuttle will take you to the pier, but it's quicker to walk if you're like me and have 1 spinner suitcase and a carry-on.

Roz

While many will mention the Wyndham due to the "across the street location", there are much fancier hotels available within one mile of the port. The Manchester Hyatt and the US Grant are two examples. Prices at the premium hotels will vary depending on market (season, conventions, etc) conditions for your dates. The taxi ride or walk to the port from any of these locations is of little cost consequence, so don't worry too much about free shuttle.

The Manchester Hyatt will also offer direct views of the port.

igraf

Hi...

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find it...please excuse!

I will be traveling solo and looking for a decent hotel with complimentary shuttle from airport and pier. An on site restaurant would be nice. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Edited by igraf

I just booked the Westin on West Broadway. We haven't stayed there yet but it has the free shuttle, restaurants and I booked it with Starwood points sp paid nothing and got an upgrade to a baview room for $10. It is close to the port too.