Princess @ Sea Messenger

tfox1018

I can't find an app for this in the App store. Anyone know how I get the messenger prior to sailing?

Thank you!:)

Try varying your search term. I did find it a week or so ago. Please note that this will only work on certain ships at this time.

There are two components to the Princess access. Princess@Sea Messenger will allow you to communicate with each other onboard without having Internet access. The other component doesn't require an app. You simply log onto the ship site when onboard, create an account, and then you have access to "most" of the activity schedule, your account folio, etc. You do NOT have the ability to communicate with each other. I used this recently on Crown Princess and it was great. The Messenger was not available on that ship and is likely only available on Regal and Royal at this time.

Edit: Try searching for "princess cruises messenger"

Edited by Thrak

I can't find an app for this in the App store. Anyone know how I get the messenger prior to sailing?

Thank you!:)

I had the same problem. Tried several different search terms and all I got was a bunch of aps for six year old girls. Someone was kind enough to provide this link which does work (Android).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger&hl=en

I don't have an apple link.

I had the same problem. Tried several different search terms and all I got was a bunch of aps for six year old girls. Someone was kind enough to provide this link which does work (Android).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger&hl=en

I don't have an apple link.

Thank you- I have an i phone so that won't work for me. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this lol.

In a recent post on one of several discussions about this question it said on the Regal the Internet manager said there was no working app yet including the one for Android. Another post said they could text using the free Princess@Sea intranet site but not the instant message capability which is reported to be available if & when they get a functioning app. Carnival's version cost $5 per cruise to use the IM app on one of their ships.

Hopefully Princess will have a plan (hands free listening?) for the majority of passengers who don't want to hear repeated IM dings.

Edited by Astro Flyer

My daughter is just a few weeks off Regal and she said she couldn't download to iPhone or iPad until she on the ship.

Do you know if she actually downloaded an app on the ship or a shortcut to Princess@ Sea?

Others recently have posted that the app (like instant messaging) was not available however they were able to use the ship's Princess@Sea intranet to text but is not an app. It is possible to create a shortcut to access the P@S intranet however that isn't an app.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's not actually an app, we just logged onto the intranet whilst on board Sapphire over Christmas/New Year. We have Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note II mobiles and it worked wonderfully, and it doesn't cost anything.

When there is an IOS app, you will download it from the App Store, from any location. Apple is not going to relinquish control of downloading any apps to a cruise line.

In the meantime, the online system available for any operating system (windows, IOS, android) is available via a browser from a site that is hosted by a server onboard your ship. typically you enter this into your browser. <shipname>.princess.com.

This post is not meant to say that there is no app for Android....it is possible. But nothing is yet released for IOS devices.

Edited by thinfool

When there is an IOS app, you will download it from the App Store, from any location. Apple is not going to relinquish control of downloading any apps to a cruise line.

In the meantime, the online system available for any operating system (windows, IOS, android) is available via a browser from a site that is hosted by a server onboard your ship. typically you enter this into your browser. <shipname>.princess.com.

This post is not meant to say that there is no app for Android....it is possible. But nothing is yet released for IOS devices.

I used the "regular" Princess @ Sea thing recently on Crown and it worked great. For the "messenger" part there definitely is an Android app. I downloaded and installed it on my phone.

Do you know if she actually downloaded an app on the ship or a shortcut to Princess@ Sea?

Others recently have posted that the app (like instant messaging) was not available however they were able to use the ship's Princess@Sea intranet to text but is not an app. It is possible to create a shortcut to access the P@S intranet however that isn't an app.

I agree, not an app.

OK. Just checked what the app (yes, there is one) actually does. You don't need the app (as already noted by others) to message. It turns out that all the app really does is to provide "push" notifications when you receive a message. It coordinates with your contacts as well.

Definitely not something to worry about having or not having.

• 6 months later...

The "app" is little more than a front-end to the onboard ship website. In fact, on some Android devices, it is near impossible to exit due to the "infinite loop" nature of the redirecting process -- you back out of the browser and the app sends you back.

There were also delays - the messaging is not immediate and depending on your wifi coverage, you could get messages much later than when sent.

POS, IMHO.

We used Messenger for the first time this week. Worked well for us on the Crown. You do not need the so called "app".

Just connect to the ships free wi-fi and go to the site (ships name).princess.com in your browser of choice. Insert your ships name such as crown.princess.com or ruby.princess.com Create an account and you are on.

All the "app" does is take you to your ships site, nothing more. You don't even need the "app" to log in. You can also check your account, have the Patter at your fingertips and much more on this. Highly recommended.

Edited by sonomaphil

We used Messenger for the first time this week. Worked well for us on the Crown. You do not need the so called "app".

Just connect to the ships free wi-fi and go to the site (ships name).princess.com in your browser of choice. Insert your ships name such as crown.princess.com or ruby.princess.com Create an account and you are on.

All the "app" does is take you to your ships site, nothing more. You don't even need the "app" to log in. You can also check your account, have the Patter at your fingertips and much more on this. Highly recommended.

Did you message with other passengers whilst onboard -- which is

the primary purpose of the app?

We just used it on the Caribbean Princess. I was able to message my husband a few times, to arrange lunch when we were in different places. It didn't do a sound or a buzz, so I had to remember to check it. I was able to find him by name. However, a friend and I couldn't figure it out for a while. I think that you can get to your cabin mate by name, but others require you to get their "messenger Id" which is a roughly 5 or 6 digit number (maybe with letters) that is on the app.

It was somewhat useful.

Yes, worked fine. It was useful as I was wondering around the ships while my wife was getting ready.

There is no indication on your phone of having a message like a text message notification, I think that might be by design. We'd just check our phones every so often.

I think that you can get to your cabin mate by name, but others require you to get their "messenger Id" which is a roughly 5 or 6 digit number (maybe with letters) that is on the app.

It was somewhat useful.

I used the Messenger app on the Regal in April and was able to add my wife's and friends' code into the app's address book & add their names instead of having to remember their code. :)