Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

Don't call again and talk to another phone rep. Just request a claim form. Submit it. If you're denied, move it up the food chain. Make sure you don't delete anything related to this until it's settled. If you still have the texts and e-mails about the delays, save them. Hold onto the list of hotels you were given at the terminal. You never know what little scrap of paper is going to help prove your claim.

Totally agree with this. The people on the phone don't really have the power to do anything and they will stick to their script. Send as much documentation as possible. Submit stuff through the website. Send to people as high up as you can find. You'll be surprised.

You have been so sweet and supportive and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it! You are one of the few people who "get it" and know I am not out for freebies!

We have been on the phone with Royal again today and so far no luck. We have also been back on the phone with the trip insurance people and they "may" consider our claim..... which tells me more than likely not...but we shall see.

On a good note...... I just got a callback from the Tampa Port Parking garage and they are fully refunding the $75 we prepaid to park.....YAY!!!!

Maybe in the future we will get to sail together and if we do I will be sure to take you up on that drink!!! After all of this I may need it....LOL!!!

Did you get your insurance through insuremytrip.com? If you did they have customer service people to act as advocates when problems come up with a travel insurance company booked through them.

I happen to agree with GTO Girl. Normally, I think if your cruise was cancelled because of an 'act of Nature' then I think you are out of luck and you are lucky for any compensation you might happen to get.

However, this situation is different because (at first) the cruise wasn't canceled. I believe RCI planned on sailing, but it was just delayed. If it hadn't been delayed, passengers would have been onboard on a cruise that they had paid for, but since there was no ship in port, there was no place for these people to go so they had to get a hotel room. Had the ship been in port, but delayed because of the fog, these same people would have been able to board and at least sleep on board even if they couldn't actually go anywhere- a stationary floating hotel. RCI did this on the back end of things and let the passengers that were already onboard sleep there in port for the night upon their return FOR FREE instead of kicking them off and making them find a hotel room, and I'm sure they didn't make them pay for an extra cruise night because they were stuck out to sea due to the fog. In essence, those people got 2 FREE nights onboard, while the passengers waiting to board had to shell out for their own hotel rooms. The fact that the employees at the port told them RCI would pay for the hotel rooms just adds to the argument that RCI should cover pre-cancelation hotel stays, but even without that argument I think the 'delay' versus 'cancelation' speaks for itself and those passengers should be reimbursed for expenses incurred while the cruise was 'delayed'. Once it was 'canceled', all expenses should be paid by the passenger.

Edited by Maybaybie10

Maybe I can slow it down for you. You make a car rental reservation. You don't show. No charge to you. You make a cruise reservation. You don't show.

You pay the full fare. You make a dinner reservation. You don't show. You are not charged. You make a hotel reservation. You call to cancel the day of your stay. No charge to you. You call the day of your cruise to cancel you are charged the full cruise fare.

Those are all examples of different businesses handling similar situations and being held to a different standard by the consumer.

The point is they are nothing alike. Different industries handle different situations in a different manner. Comparing what the airlines do to what the

cruise lines do is pointless.

Can you explain it slower, I still don't get it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Boytjie

I was once promised that I would be on a certain deck and location even if I booked a guarantee cabin with Princess. I questioned how this was possible. The Princess rep assured me she could do it.

Well it did not happen of course, I called back and after speaking to a few people got no where. I received a call from princess one day telling me they had reviewed the tape and she did make that promise .

The Superviser said she would be retrained, end of story.

I have been told things that were not true by companies a ton of times.

Sorry you were lied to.

Reder

You act as if this never happened...

VTvsOSUFinalScore.jpg

See you in Blacksburg :)

Hi, Am just now reading this post. Will everyone please give The Bucks a break. Yes we had a terrible loss against VT but we never lost another game after that, & to start we lost Braxton & then JT & then the 3rd string QB Cardale led us to our last 3 great games which included the 1st National Championship game which will be OSU's honor forever! We have great coaches & our team played together to win their goal of getting to the championship game. Yes OSU will see VT in Blacksburg in Aug. & you can count on OSU not letting another loss happen there- GO BUCKS beat VT- Linda

It looks like Brilliance is waiting at the pier now for my cruise tomorrow. I'm hoping that means our cabins will be ready early.

I expect you will find the ship in the best shape top-to-bottom since its last dry dock. Three+ days with no passengers is roughly half the length of a typical dry dock, so they can (or should) perform a boatload (pun thoroughly intended) of maintenance and cleaning. :)

I expect you will find the ship in the best shape top-to-bottom since its last dry dock. Three+ days with no passengers is roughly half the length of a typical dry dock, so they can (or should) perform a boatload (pun thoroughly intended) of maintenance and cleaning. :)

Most dry docks are longer than a week. Hopefully the crew got some down time to rest also which is what some reported was supposed to happen. Heck, sleeping in an hour or two later for 3 days will make a world of difference for them and morale. While they probably did a more thorough cleaning, outside of cleaning carpets and doing some repairs, they probably didn't do anything like a dry dock.

Really looking forward to being on board tomorrow. The forecast isn't great, but there isn't any fog in the forecast so that's a plus!

Hoping for a spic-and-span ship, rooms ready as soon as we get on board, and a well rested crew! I wonder if they'll start boarding early? Letting people on early = more revenue.

I'll be arriving at port by about 10. Hopefully we can walk right on! :D

Super excited!

Most dry docks are longer than a week. Hopefully the crew got some down time to rest also which is what some reported was supposed to happen. Heck, sleeping in an hour or two later for 3 days will make a world of difference for them and morale. While they probably did a more thorough cleaning, outside of cleaning carpets and doing some repairs, they probably didn't do anything like a dry dock.

You've completely missed my point, which simply was that they can do a lot of cleaning/refreshing/routine maintenance in three days with no passengers in the way.

Really looking forward to being on board tomorrow. The forecast isn't great, but there isn't any fog in the forecast so that's a plus!

Hoping for a spic-and-span ship, rooms ready as soon as we get on board, and a well rested crew! I wonder if they'll start boarding early? Letting people on early = more revenue.

I'll be arriving at port by about 10. Hopefully we can walk right on! :D

Super excited!

I too hope that the crew got some extra rest. I'm glad they had so much time to wash away the Buckeye cooties! :D

I expect to walk on, drop my bags in the cabin and be at the pool bar by 1. Here's hoping! No matter what, we'll be on a cruise and it will be great!

Edited by bluegirlum