Europe 2016

Wehwalt

Schedules have been announced ... the Pacific Princess will be in Europe for the summer of 2016, if it is not sold that is ... links available from the following story:

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/princess-cruises-2016-europe-schedule-returns-canary-islands-50237

Or, if you want them direct:

Mediterranean: http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/2741/2016MedOverviewFlyer.pdf

Northern Europe:

http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/2741/2016NorEuOverviewFlyer.pdf

I did not see anything that hugely inspired me for a day 1 signup.

Thanks for posting this; very interesting? We were planning to do the Grand Med from Barcelona to Venice on the Island in 2016. Princess has had this itinerary for so long, I'm surprised it isn't listed. Plus they are spending $$$ on changing the Island (adding more cabins) this spring so she can sail into Venice for 2015. Anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

Sure will change our plans for 2016 if no Grand Med!

Plus they are spending $$$ on changing the Island (adding more cabins) this spring so she can sail into Venice for 2015. Anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

a) The Island could sail into Venice in 2015 (and later years) without all the mods. The more cabins is to make more profit, not so the ship is able to go to Venice.

b) In 2016 summer, the Island will have Alaska itineraries.

Caribill is right, Island is doing Alaska in 2016. I received the 2016 info from my TA and is correct. Five ships in Alaska and Island is one of them.

Royal, Emerald and Pacific are doing the Med itineraries. Pacific has a Venice to Florida in Nov., Emerald has a 48 day 4 continent deal and the Royal has a 28 day circle the Med from Barcelona back to Barcelona but of course, no Venice included.

Edited by susancruzs

Thanks so much for posting this!!

Amazed I scooped the board. My TA is yet to be heard from, she was supposed to send me them when she got them, but I found it on Google News. I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that an experienced CCer tends to be better than their travel agent.

"Enter a world where great castles still stand and fairy tales come true, where the Lads from Liverpool began and

the illusive Nellie calls home."

Do you suppose Princess is referring to "Nessie" of Scotland's Loch Ness?

Probably. While "illusive" is not incorrect, they may have meant "elusive". After all, something that is illusive has no need for a home.

Edited by Wehwalt

Thanks for posting this; very interesting? We were planning to do the Grand Med from Barcelona to Venice on the Island in 2016. Princess has had this itinerary for so long, I'm surprised it isn't listed. Plus they are spending $$$ on changing the Island (adding more cabins) this spring so she can sail into Venice for 2015. Anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

We are doing that sailing this Sept. Looking at the new itineraries I am VERY happy to be doing the cruise we have booked! Nothing hitting every port I wanted like the Grand Med does.

Do you suppose Princess is referring to "Nessie" of Scotland's Loch Ness?

Probably. While "illusive" is not incorrect, they may have meant "elusive". After all, something that is illusive has no need for a home.

Finally spotted as shown in the thumbnail below.

1507837563_010a07_28.77AtLochNess.jpg.f4e5d1dc4b228dda7a319aa2f9901d20.jpg

Having undertaken a more thorough look at the two sheets:

1. Egypt, Israel, and the entire Black Sea are no-go areas (disregarding canal transits that do not stop).

2. Depending on what the Coral is doing, it seems likely that Princess is not doing many exotics in 2016. The PP's South Pacific runs don't seem likely to happen again until 2017.

3. I guess they've decided Tunis can handle the Royal, but for now I'm voting it most likely to be cancelled.

4. A bit disappointed.

Amazed I scooped the board. My TA is yet to be heard from, she was supposed to send me them when she got them, but I found it on Google News. I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that an experienced CCer tends to be better than their travel agent.
Almost, Gary, almost. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45698187&postcount=5

You didn't, they were posted last week along with Alaska :)

I found the 2016 Europe itineraries to be totally uninspiring. This will be the first year in many that I'm not waiting anxiously for bookings to open in March.

Me too. I'm very, very glad that I booked on Celebrity as Princess doesn't have anything that came close. I thought with them dropping the Grand Med. route they may have come up with some inspiring itineraries...nope.

They have longer 28 and 29 day itineraries, one called circle the med and the other a grand adventure med but I guess the ports aren't the same as previous years.

Personally, I like the smaller ship in the med. Getting on and off at ports was quick and easy. The Pacific is same size as the ship I was on and for all those ports, awesome.

a) The Island could sail into Venice in 2015 (and later years) without all the mods. The more cabins is to make more profit, not so the ship is able to go to Venice.

b) In 2016 summer, the Island will have Alaska itineraries.

Carbill, I realize that the Island wasn't modified just to sail the med, but was surely hoping they would keep the popular Grand Med itinerary and maybe the Island for 2016. What they have done is much like the 2014 med cruises where they only had 2 ships, their largest and their smallest. Didn't like it for 2014 & don't for 2016.

I agree with the messages that Princess doesn't have much to choose from for 2016 & why so many that stop in Tunis? Not a place We would love to see. There are a couple on the Royal that didn't seem too bad, but didn't hit all the places Grand Med does.

I guess we may have to try Celebrity if we go in 2016 but have more perks on Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
Me too. I'm very, very glad that I booked on Celebrity as Princess doesn't have anything that came close. I thought with them dropping the Grand Med. route they may have come up with some inspiring itineraries...nope.

We think that Holland America have the best med cruises. We went on a 24 night med cruise from Barcelona last year with 4 at sea days and saw some amazing places.

We think that Holland America have the best med cruises. We went on a 24 night med cruise from Barcelona last year with 4 at sea days and saw some amazing places.

I unfortunately don't have 24 days. I do agree though, HAL has very good itineraries but as a cruise line, they're not for us.

Links are gone. Are the Northern Europe itineraries posted somewhere else?

The Mediterranean link still works, just not the one for Northern Europe. I went there and made a hard copy when it worked. If you post what you're looking for here, I'll be happy to post what I have. It's four pages, so I can't (or don't know how to) post the whole thing. But, it's possible that the link is closed because Princess is making some changes, so what I have might be out of date/ inaccurate.

Edited by islandwoman