How much would you need to save to give up a Sweet 16 cabin?

TRAVELBABE1

We are cruising this summer with family. We have 2 quad cabins booked in 1A, and I was totally looking forward to having a larger balcony. However, we can save $1600 per cabin to go with a balcony guarantee.

Is it worth it to give up nearby cabins which are sweet 16 for this amount of money? At what point would you roll the dice?

We are cruising this summer with family. We have 2 quad cabins booked in 1A, and I was totally looking forward to having a larger balcony. However, we can save $1600 per cabin to go with a balcony guarantee.

Is it worth it to give up nearby cabins which are sweet 16 for this amount of money? At what point would you roll the dice?

1A's are NOT Sweet Sixteens. The Sweet Sixteen cabins are 2Cs (the lowest price balcony cabins).

It's really up to you, but for me personally, I would absolutely do the balcony guarantee, save the $3,200, and use that to go on a second vacation!!!!

Edited by DinaS

1A's are NOT Sweet Sixteens. The Sweet Sixteen cabins are 2Cs (the lowest price balcony cabins).

It's really up to you, but for me personally, I would absolutely do the balcony guarantee, save the $3,200, and use that to go on a second vacation!!!!

2D are the lowest balcony grade and for our sailing on Eclipse they are the Balcony guarentee.

2D are the lowest balcony grade and for our sailing on Eclipse they are the Balcony guarentee.

I should have stated that 2Cs are the lowest price "regular" balcony cabins - where you get to actually choose your cabin - not the guarantee categories :)

Also - there are no "Sweet Sixteen" cabins on the Eclipse. They are only on the "M" class ships.

Edited by DinaS

If the OP doesn't have the larger balconies they thought they did, roll the dice and save the bucks! :D

Unless there is a need to have the other cabin close, I'd totally do it.

Edited by sr4mjc

What is a sweet 16 cabin?

Hello.

8 cabins port side/8 cabins starboard side, Deck 6, on the M Class ships, with a larger balcony...See attached picture(second pic) courtesy of another poster/thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40554312&postcount=21

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

On M-Class only, the "Sweet Sixteens are very first 8 balcony cabins (port and starboard), on deck 6. Something about being located directly over the theater gives them double-depth balconies. They are 2C veranda cabins, so the large balcony can be quite a bargain! Oh -- and, don't expect the X bookings agents, or FCC's -- or, even most travel agents -- to know what you're talking about, when you ask for a "Sweet Sixteen" cabin. They're the best kept secret in the Millennium Class! :cool:

I guess I am confused! We are booked into the cabins angled off the hump on the "S" class ships with larger than normal, angled balconies. Since there are 16 of them, I thought these were the Sweet 16.

Yep, easy to get confused. The Sweet 16 are on M Class and they are only on deck 6.

The cabins on the slant of the hump on S class ships are mostly 1As. There are more than 16 of them since they are on multiple decks.

I guess I am confused! We are booked into the cabins angled off the hump on the "S" class ships with larger than normal, angled balconies. Since there are 16 of them, I thought these were the Sweet 16.

What is the room number and someone will tell you what it is, and how big the balcony is. They are 2 sizes on the slant, or angle from the hump.

BUT, for $3200 I'd go with the guarantee in a heartbeat.

For what it's worth. On our Jan cruise on Equinox we had a balcony guarantee and got the smaller balcony(but bigger than regular) on the angle. I believe we were on deck 7.

I guess it depends on what you are giving up and how many are sailing.

If you have and want adjoining cabins and cabins close to each other then stick with what you have. You also have nice large balconies and in a location that you picked.

If you take the gurantee you may lose any perks that you have. You will may also end up with a obstructed view cabin, one over the theater, smoking area, and etc. Quads in a cabin may also limit available cabins.

$3200 is a nice chunk to give up. You could almost book 4 cabins if there are 8 family members combining you original cost plus the savings.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I had a Med. cruise booked on Silhouette, in a 2C partially obstructed cabin. A few days after we booked, they had a Summer Solstice sale, and a verandah gty was the same price as an inside. I dropped down to the gty, and saved $1300. We were assigned a 2A on the flat of the hump. EM