Anyone know what this code means?

Project_gal

I received unsolicited Confirmation Invoices for all three of the cruise I have booked directly with Celebrity [in the UK] this week. The only change on each of these is the addition of code "AI CELPRAL" with a zero value. Does anyone have any idea what these codes mean, please?

I received unsolicited Confirmation Invoices for all three of the cruise I have booked directly with Celebrity [in the UK] this week. The only change on each of these is the addition of code "AI CELPRAL" with a zero value. Does anyone have any idea what these codes mean, please?

Did you book it with a promo ? Then my guess would be :

AI : All Inclusive

CEL : Celebrity

PR : Premium

AL : Alcohol ?

Edited by Cote d'or

I've got a similar one on invoices from December and the end of January - AL CEL CLAL :confused:. The PR and CL may refer to the level of cabin booked under the 123go scheme (or All Inclusive as Celebrity often refer to it). We have an Aqua class cabin and suspect Sue that you may have booked a suite? So possibly CL = Concierge level and PR = Premium level :)

Did you book it with a promo ? Then my guess would be :

AI : All Inclusive

CEL : Celebrity

PR : Premium

AL : Alcohol ?

Nope' date=' only one of the three cruises book under a 123 promotion. The other two were booked almost two years ago and had an early booking OBC promotion.

I've got a similar one on invoices from December and the end of January - AL CEL CLAL :confused:. The PR and CL may refer to the level of cabin booked under the 123go scheme (or All Inclusive as Celebrity often refer to it). We have an Aqua class cabin and suspect Sue that you may have booked a suite? So possibly CL = Concierge level and PR = Premium level :)

Again not correct for the reasons given above but you DID make me realise what the code probably does stand for. All three cruises are in suites and take place after the start date of the new suite class in April. We have suites on all three that qualify for the so-called "all exclusive" of premium beverage package, unlimited specialty dining and unlimited internet. The invoices already show the Premium Beverage package. Thus, my guess with the benefit of the wonderful minds on Cruise Critic is:

AI - All inclusive

CEL - Celebrity

PR - Premium

AL - Access Level [although this is probably the most iffy part of my suggestion]

However, if I am correct, there must be a lot of people suddenly receiving this code on their Confirmation Invoices and we may get more minds working on the solution.

Here's another one that was kind of a mystery to me recently:

EGBPROMO1

"Early guest booking promo?" We booked during the Celebrity 25th anniversary week in January for $25 pp deposit.

Or, maybe something to do with the "Thanks for cruising with us" email we used for an extra OBC?

All the usual codes for 123Go, Bev, Grat are additionally coded in the booking.

Hate to disagree with some folks here but AI CELPRAL definitely stands for the Premium Alchohol Package.

I booked a cruise with the Classic Alcohol package and have the code AI CEL CLAL showing with a $0.00 charge. I upgraded to the Premium package a couple weeks later and the code AI CEL PRAL now shows directly below the Classic code showing the $ amount I paid to upgrade.

So, I can't explain how/why you have that code but it does stand for Premium alcohol.

Hate to disagree with some folks here but AI CELPRAL definitely stands for the Premium Alchohol Package.

I booked a cruise with the Classic Alcohol package and have the code AI CEL CLAL showing with a $0.00 charge. I upgraded to the Premium package a couple weeks later and the code AI CEL PRAL now shows directly below the Classic code showing the $ amount I paid to upgrade.

So, I can't explain how/why you have that code but it does stand for Premium alcohol.

Then, do we have two premium beverage packages because each cruise also has SYR2-PRBEVINCGRAT [adding the beverage package at £514.00] and a matching SYR3-PRBVPROMO3 [removing the cost at -£514.00] plus [for the cruise booked under the 123-Cruise Now, Cruise Later package] 123A-ALL123GO which gives us a superfluous classic beverage package as well?

If we are collecting beverage packages, perhaps I should advertise them on our Roll call and sell them to the highest bidder.

Then, do we have two premium beverage packages because each cruise also has SYR2-PRBEVINCGRAT [adding the beverage package at £514.00] and a matching SYR3-PRBVPROMO3 [removing the cost at -£514.00] plus [for the cruise booked under the 123-Cruise Now, Cruise Later package] 123A-ALL123GO which gives us a superfluous classic beverage package as well?

If we are collecting beverage packages, perhaps I should advertise them on our Roll call and sell them to the highest bidder.

No No no, don't sell it as a package, you'd make MUCH more selling by the drink.

You go to the bar, and use your premium package to get what you want, get a second drink with your classic package. Sit by the pool, sip your drink and SELL the second classic package drink at a slightly reduced rate. I bet you can do pretty well selling water by the bottle for $1.50, cappuccinos for $3 and sodas for $2 and beers for $3-$4. With your unlimited internet and an iphone or ipad and a free Sqaure credit card account you can simply accept credit cards, and make quite a good take on your extra classic beverage package. If you sell about 15 drinks you'll easily make $30-$40 which seems to be all you'd get for a second hand classic beverage package online anyway.

Yes, I am the one who sold candy in elementary school and T-shirts door to door in college.

Happy sailing!

Jenna

No No no, don't sell it as a package, you'd make MUCH more selling by the drink.

You go to the bar, and use your premium package to get what you want, get a second drink with your classic package. Sit by the pool, sip your drink and SELL the second classic package drink at a slightly reduced rate. I bet you can do pretty well selling water by the bottle for $1.50, cappuccinos for $3 and sodas for $2 and beers for $3-$4. With your unlimited internet and an iphone or ipad and a free Sqaure credit card account you can simply accept credit cards, and make quite a good take on your extra classic beverage package. If you sell about 15 drinks you'll easily make $30-$40 which seems to be all you'd get for a second hand classic beverage package online anyway.

Yes, I am the one who sold candy in elementary school and T-shirts door to door in college.

Happy sailing!

Jenna

Lol, another suggestion, open up a kissing booth by the pool, and you can pay for the whole cruise, one kiss at a time.:p

We have the classic package and want to upgrade to premium. If we do it online will we just be charge the difference, can you tell me what that is, or do we need to ring celebrity. We booked via a TA.

Thanks for your help.

Here's what I know my promo codes mean on my current booking:

123GOPROMO1 -- Beverage package (through 123GO promo)

123GOPROMO3 -- Free gratutities.

My OBC is listed separately, but I saw this notation above it: "123go! All Inclusive Beverage Pkg. + Tips for 2". So I would guess the acronym being used in OP has something to do with the promo.

Not sure if that helps anyone or not, but there you go! :)

Edited by Kevin T Brown

We have the classic package and want to upgrade to premium. If we do it online will we just be charge the difference, can you tell me what that is, or do we need to ring celebrity. We booked via a TA.

Thanks for your help.

If you have OBC that you wish to use toward the cost of the upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package, you will have to do this once you are on the ship (at any bar). If you do this before the cruise, you will have to use a credit card to pay for the upgrade. The cost difference is $11.80 USD (per person per day), which includes the applicable gratuity of 18%.

If you have OBC that you wish to use toward the cost of the upgrade to the Premium Alcohol package, you will have to do this once you are on the ship (at any bar). If you do this before the cruise, you will have to use a credit card to pay for the upgrade. The cost difference is $11.80 USD (per person per day), which includes the applicable gratuity of 18%.

I would wait until on board so that you can use the OBC.:D

I would wait until on board so that you can use the OBC.:D

Thank you for your advice. We always have a premium drink package as we like to enjoy nice wine. Our OBC will easily be used up paying for gratuities.

Lol, another suggestion, open up a kissing booth by the pool, and you can pay for the whole cruise, one kiss at a time.:p

Kissing booth would work, only with pre-screen for those that have visited certain African countries in the last 3 weeks, or sailed on other cruise lines, especially those with Chocolates on the pillow, no main dinning room, and without grass :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Kissing booth would work, only with pre-screen for those that have visited certain African countries in the last 3 weeks, or sailed on other cruise lines, especially those with Chocolates on the pillow, no main dinning room, and without grass :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

LOL, yes, there must be some screening of the clientel.:cool:

Thank you for your advice. We always have a premium drink package as we like to enjoy nice wine. Our OBC will easily be used up paying for gratuities.

If you purchased your cruise in sterling, I suggest that you contact your TA or Celebrity [whoever you booked the cruise through] and ask the price of upgrading your package. Celebrity have been using an incredibly favourable exchange rate for cruise extras in the UK recently. You may get a very good price.

If not, Celebrity are still offering US$25 of OBC for £14.90 which, again, is an excellent rate. Telephone [do not try to do it online] Celebrity again and purchase at least sufficient OBC to pay for your upgrade.

You may also wish to purchase additional OBC for spending money if, as you say, you will easily use up your promotion OBC.

Edited by Project_gal

Hi Sue:

I am fairly sure the PRAL means Premium Alcohol, as that has been stamped on my seapass card every time we have upgraded our CLAL (Classic Alcohol Beverage package). The rest of the code ...?... AI (All inclusive) CEL (I'm not so sure about this one...are you booked in a Celebrity Suite?).

On my booking last week under the All-Inclusive promo, my booking confirmation has a code for the All-Inclusive Promo package, and then separate codes for the beverage package (in as a charge, and then backed out as a credit), the complimentary gratuities (in as a charge and then backed out as a credit) and an entry for the complimentary OBC in USD dollars.

How long after your booking did you get the revised invoices with the promotion codes? I booked 2 weeks ago, but haven't had an invoice showing the 123GO codes yet.

How long after your booking did you get the revised invoices with the promotion codes? I booked 2 weeks ago, but haven't had an invoice showing the 123GO codes yet.

One of the cruises was booked almost two years ago, one about a year ago and the third in mid-December. Only the third was booked under a 123 promotion.