Reflection Luminae

dincus

These do have the shape of the dining chairs from the MDR, but the MDR chairs on the Reflection are a bronze color, are they not? The Equinox had the chairs shown in this "baseball cap" photo. Although those chairs had no brown trim.

Hi Iamthesea....the person who posted this photo on Twitter also posted on Facebook that she is on the Equinox.

All of my photos of the Equinox have the brown trim....as far as I can tell, this photo is taken at Luminae on the Equinox.

I read somewhere else on CC that the carpet, tables and chairs will be installed sometime later, but before the grand openings of Luminae.

Hi Iamthesea....the person who posted this photo on Twitter also posted on Facebook that she is on the Equinox.

All of my photos of the Equinox have the brown trim....as far as I can tell, this photo is taken at Luminae on the Equinox.

I read somewhere else on CC that the carpet, tables and chairs will be installed sometime later, but before the grand openings of Luminae.

;) TY, Because of the title of this thread, I thought it was the Reflection. I was on the Equinox last month and do not remember the brown trim. Shows how observant I was. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

;) TY, Because of the title of this thread, I thought it was the Reflection. I was on the Equinox last month and do not remember the brown trim. Shows how observant I was. :rolleyes:

My husband and daughter are both interior designers, and I tend to pay attention to design details, but I would never have remembered if there was trim on the dining room chairs. :D

We are just off the Feb. 28 sailing of Reflection.

Luminae was officially open for business starting the second night of the cruise, but will continue to serve the main dining room menu until April.

The maître 'd was actually phoning suite guests trying to persuade them to try it at least one night.

We did try it. The room is extremely tastefully decorated, and the spacing between tables is considerably better than Blu.

She did not have any sample menus or much of anything else to share, but waxed rhapsodic over how wonderful it will be come April.

It was OK the night we dined there -- not great, but not bad.

We once again sailed in a Sky Suite, and mostly dined in Blu. While Celebrityh gives suite guests the "space available" story on Blu, we NEVER have had even the slightest problem getting a table in Blu in many cruises on all 5 Solstice class ships.

This is simply not a worry. If you are a suite guest and want to dine in Blu instead of Luminae, that is NOT going to be a problem.

The more interesting question, however, is whether Luminae will be better. IMO, Blu has been sliding downhill now for some time.

I'm hoping that they will start to enforce the $5 fee for Suite guests to dine in Blu. Maybe then they will eat in their own dining room, and it will be less crowded in Blu for the Aqua Class passengers. :rolleyes:

We disembarked the Reflection today as well. We ate in Blu 2 nights. We were in an Aqua Class Suite and actually had a short wait Thursday night. We ate in specialties 5 nights, two of those the Lawn Club which we felt was the best dining on the ship. Our 2 dinners in Blu we felt were better than any of the other specialty restaurants.

We had breakfast in Luminae several days. It was very slow service, but very professional. I came on board without a jacket because we were eating in restaurants not requiring one and when I asked the Hostess at breakfast in Luminae if one was required for formal night She made a call and told us it was but they would provide one for me. We passed and ate at Blu.

I'm hoping that they will start to enforce the $5 fee for Suite guests to dine in Blu. Maybe then they will eat in their own dining room, and it will be less crowded in Blu for the Aqua Class passengers. :rolleyes:

They have already said that there would be no charge for suite guests....that was eliminated some time ago.

I'm sure once the suite dining room is up and running completely the effect of suite guests in Blu will be minimal....

They have already said that there would be no charge for suite guests....that was eliminated some time ago.

I'm sure once the suite dining room is up and running completely the effect of suite guests in Blu will be minimal....

One can only hope. :)

Hi everyone,

Has Luminae only rolled out on Reflection, or has anyone heard anything about the room (not the menu) opening on other ships? We're sailing on the Silhouette on March 22. :)

Hello -

Did they mention a specifc date as to when the Luminae will start serving the new menu? We are on the 4 April sail date and were curious if we might be the first ones to experience the new formal menu. Thanks to all the posters for providing the 'real-time' updates.

Cheers...

Hello -

Did they mention a specifc date as to when the Luminae will start serving the new menu? We are on the 4 April sail date and were curious if we might be the first ones to experience the new formal menu. Thanks to all the posters for providing the 'real-time' updates.

Cheers...

We ate breakfast at Luminae most days after the opening Sunday night. I'm pretty certain the Hostess told us the April 4 sailing was to be the first day of the new menu.

Hello -

Cheers...

I am hoping that the new menu will be tested the week before the grand opening. Then it will be on my cruise March 26-April 4.:D

Doesn't look like I am going to get to try out Luminae after-all. :( Our new travel mates booked a GTY Veranda and were just assigned a 1A. Nice upgrade, but not a Suite.:rolleyes: Because they will not be able to eat with us in Suite or Blu dining, we will have to go to the MDR with them. BooHoo

Doesn't look like I am going to get to try out Luminae after-all. :( Our new travel mates booked a GTY Veranda and were just assigned a 1A. Nice upgrade, but not a Suite.:rolleyes: Because they will not be able to eat with us in Suite or Blu dining, we will have to go to the MDR with them. BooHoo

I'd suggest to them that they consider a couple nights of dining alone - perhaps in a specialty restaurant (using some of what they saved via the guarantee), this would give you the ability to enjoy some of your suite perks !

We've traveled with other couples a few times and never shared every dinner with them. Of course, YMMV ! :)

Tom

There is always breakfast and lunch too... You could check it out then.

I'd suggest to them that they consider a couple nights of dining alone - perhaps in a specialty restaurant (using some of what they saved via the guarantee), this would give you the ability to enjoy some of your suite perks !

We've traveled with other couples a few times and never shared every dinner with them. Of course, YMMV ! :)

Tom

We do ALL plan to go to one or two specialty restaurants together. The Suite gets one free. ;) I had planned 2 or 3 when it was just my daughter's with me. We have a lot of OBC (or suppose to have it. :rolleyes:) The other mother/daughter duo are trying to save money.

I just would not feel right asking them to have dinner alone. As I have said before, if the new menu's are not available in Luminae, then I guess it is no big deal. Missing out on Blu dinners, is! :(

There is always breakfast and lunch too... You could check it out then.

And this is a very good compromise! :) I have planned to tell my cousins that we will do our own thing for breakfast, on most days, and then meet up afterwards. I think they are later sleepers, anyway.

And unless the weather is bad, lunch is in the OV Café or the grill. ;)

We do ALL plan to go to one or two specialty restaurants together. The Suite gets one free. ;) I had planned 2 or 3 when it was just my daughter's with me. We have a lot of OBC (or suppose to have it. :rolleyes:) The other mother/daughter duo are trying to save money.

I just would not feel right asking them to have dinner alone. As I have said before, if the new menu's are not available in Luminae, then I guess it is no big deal. Missing out on Blu dinners, is! :(

And this is a very good compromise! :) I have planned to tell my cousins that we will do our own thing for breakfast, on most days, and then meet up afterwards. I think they are later sleepers, anyway.

And unless the weather is bad, lunch is in the OV Café or the grill. ;)

You can also invite them to have diner with you one night in Luminae... good way to use the OBC..