Dancing of the Ships Press Release

Ugh so now I get the Elation out of Jax here but that means hardly any balcony regular cabins, at least the Fascination offered many more balconies, this means I have to have an ocean view!! :eek:

Edited by lyndamr

Ugh so now I get the Elation out of Jax here but that means hardly any balcony regular cabins, at least the Fascination offered many more balconies, this means I have to have an ocean view!! :eek:

I consider the Elation a "downgrade" from the Fascination. I said a long time ago I will NEVER sail the Elation again unless it is completely re-done or I get a price that I can't pass up. It doesn't even have all the Evolutions of Fun upgrades.

I consider the Elation a "downgrade" from the Fascination. I said a long time ago I will NEVER sail the Elation again unless it is completely re-done or I get a price that I can't pass up. It doesn't even have all the Evolutions of Fun upgrades.

Agreed.

Can you tell me why you consider it a downgrade, is it because there are less balconies, if this is the reason I so agree, am I missing something else, I assume she also doesn't have the steakhouse. ugh again lol

I don't care about the balconies since I usually don't get one. The cabins are VERY dated (especially the bathroom). It doesn't have the waterworks, the resort style pool etc... The Fascination has more upgrades.

magic will be going to port canaveral, per jim berra in an interview with cruiseradio.

Thanks! Yes, so I read on here! It would be nice to see Carnival announce and open bookings as I am curious on the itineraries. :D

You see thats funny where balconies are important to me I never use the pool, slides and rather not have them it only means less kids on the ship I assuming. What is wrong with the bathrooms? Does the elation have mini refrigerators in the room?

Edited by lyndamr

Yikes. I thought that the Fascination going to San Juan was a temporary thing. That really sucks. How can an old Fantasy class ship compete with Royal who has a Voyager class and a Radiance class ship in San Juan, not to forget that NCL is also bringing a Jewel class ship next year?

you see!! I told you!! this its crazy!! we were hopping for a better ship..

pay outrageous flights to SJU to board an old and beat up Fantasy class ship to beautiful ports?

Thanks but no thanks. I rather pay more and get more from RCL, X or even NCL. :rolleyes:

is a lack of respect from Carnival

This news is a disappointment to me. I was planning to treat myself to a retirement cruise from San Juan, later in 2016, but I would prefer at least a Victory/Triumph size ship for that length of cruise. Oh well....guess I will have to replan:(

This news is a disappointment to me. I was planning to treat myself to a retirement cruise from San Juan, later in 2016, but I would prefer at least a Victory/Triumph size ship for that length of cruise. Oh well....guess I will have to replan:(

Royal Caribbean has a Voyager Class & a Radiance Class ship in San Juan. Both are amazing class of ships.

Royal Caribbean has a Voyager Class & a Radiance Class ship in San Juan. Both are amazing class of ships.

Thanks for the info, but so far in life, I have not been able to afford their prices:o. My finances are not about to change, especially after retirement, but good info for others who can afford to branch out.

Thanks for the info, but so far in life, I have not been able to afford their prices:o. My finances are not about to change, especially after retirement, but good info for others who can afford to branch out.

Actually they sometimes have very good prices out of San Juan. Have a look!

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out, and I am not bound to one cruiseline, actually have been wanting to branch out. Price has stopped me, but if I can find something in the same price range, especially for solo, then it is definitely an option. Thanks again:)

Agreed! Jewel of the seas very reasonable and we usually only sail Carnival. but last week the price for our usual spring break cruise was best deal on RC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Fantasy class ship to san juan full time looks like a booking problem to me.:going from a ship that holds 3000 passengers to a ship that holds 2000. Thats a 30% decrease in sales.

it might raise the price per capita / cruiser, which might be why they did it. i think it's a case of 'shooting themselves in the foot', because i wouldn't personally want to cruise a fantasy class ship on that awesome itinerary... but that said, the prices for that remarkable itinerary were very low in comparison to other much less stellar itineraries.... the san juan departures have been 'cheap' by comparison, but the airfare for most of the cruisers is high. putting a fantasy class ship there - i think that was the wrong thing to do, i wouldn't book it even though that's my ideal itinerary.

Trying to make lemonade out of lemons with the Elation coming to JAX, at least I see itineraries with Key West again! We love Key West and prefer it to Freeport and even Half Moon Cay.