Carnival Conquest - Fish N' Chips

While browsing thru dining options, I read that the Conquest has a Fish N' Chips location.

I am unable to locate it on their deck plan.

Would appreciate info from someone who has been on the Conquest recently.

Thank you.

I knew I could count on Cruise Critic members for information. Thanks for the quick response.

LOL...fried fish is greasy....say it isn't so.

Of course the fish is greasy, it is fried! But, it is also really good. And this is coming from someone who really does not like fish. But this is good.

hmmmmmmmmmmm...no....fried fish is not greasy if properly cooked. Fried fish is greasy when the grease temperature is not hot enough. If they would raise the temp on the fryer or else let it heat back up after cooking a batch then it would not be greasy.

On the Conquest the grease just dripped off of the fish. That is a cooking problem and not normal.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

hmmmmmmmmmmm...no....fried fish is not greasy if properly cooked. Fried fish is greasy when the grease temperature is not hot enough. If they would raise the temp on the fryer or else let it heat back up after cooking a batch then it would not be greasy.

On the Conquest the grease just dripped off of the fish. That is a cooking problem and not normal.

That was not my experience. There was no grease dripping off my fish. I guess it depends on the cruise. Of course, if mine was actually dripping grease I would give it back to them and have them do it correctly. I agree that is not normal.

My DH loves the fish and chips and you have the plus of there always being seating up there. And the deserts are at the bottom of the stairs.

Edited by sandij

Shhhh. Don't tell everyone about this hidden gem! But since you're

talking about it the basil mayo is so awesome to dip your fries in.:) We

get the fries from Guy's and get the basil mayo to dip them in only 2 more weeks till that happens. Never have had greasy fish maybe a little mushy

where it drained, but just didn't eat that part...

While browsing thru dining options, I read that the Conquest has a Fish N' Chips location.

I am unable to locate it on their deck plan.

Would appreciate info from someone who has been on the Conquest recently.

Thank you.

Is sailing Conquest last week recent enough? ;)

To be more specific, Fish and Chips is located directly above the Sweet Spot, which is the main dessert station of the buffet. There are twin staircases behind the Sweet Spot that lead up to Deck 10.

Enjoy.

I am born and bred from the east coast of Canada, and am somewhat of a seafood snob. I have had some good food from "fish and chips", but it will never come up to the great stuff I grew up with, but considering that I am on a cruise ship, I accept that it will not be perfect.

Fish and chips, just ok, usually. It is deep fried, so you should expect it to be a bit "greasy". It is what it is. My biggest disappointment with that venue was the fried oysters, but it was 5 years ago, and I also ordered them at dinner as an appetizer and found them to be equally vile "unfresh", just not good, or even near good. Every other food on that cruise however was excellent.

The following year, I found myself on the Freedom and could not bring myself to order oysters anywhere, since the memory was still unfresh in my mind. The calamari zucchini fritters were however excellent.

Fast forward to this past November, again on the Freedom, I once again visited the fish and chip place, and got brave and ordered the fried oysters. Yay...they were very good, fresh tasting, but tiny. Still good. Also the fish and chips were decent...not like back east in Canada, but acceptable. And I did like the ceviche as well as the tuna/watermelon app.

Try it, besides it is a good place to eat, since always a table to find, and not too crowded.

• 2 weeks later...