Molecular will be replaced!?

fridge

I agree! I spent many nights there on Reflection and was really looking forward to it again on our Alaska cruise in Sept.

It was always crowded so why would they phase it out? Doesn't make sense. I liked it up there much better than the noisy obnoxious martini area. And all the drinks were scrumptious.:cool:

I just got back from the Silhouette, the molecular bar is still there but the menu is far more limited than it once was. I think they are running out of the specialty ingredients and they no longer able to restock. Just about all of the flavored foams are gone. The only one they had left was the chipotle foam. All of the drinks that used these flavored foams are off the menu. Nobody can say for sure when they will get rid of the bar, but with all the best drinks already gone from the menu, it is little consolation to molecular bar lovers that the bar is still on the ship.

We saw the same thing on Reflection last week. We also learned from the bartender that the people behind the World Class Bar is the distributor of Johnny Walker hence why all of their liquors are in the drinks. I'm sure X cut a deal which is why they went this way as opposed to paying Junior for his licensing. I'm trying to hold judgement until I'm able to try it. However, I don't like the current trend on X where drinks are starting to creep outside of the premium package which this bar definitely does based on reports.

We saw the same thing on Reflection last week. We also learned from the bartender that the people behind the World Class Bar is the distributor of Johnny Walker hence why all of their liquors are in the drinks. I'm sure X cut a deal which is why they went this way as opposed to paying Junior for his licensing. I'm trying to hold judgement until I'm able to try it. However, I don't like the current trend on X where drinks are starting to creep outside of the premium package which this bar definitely does based on reports.
The liquors are mainly from Diagio, which also include Haig Club scotch, Don Julio tequila, Tanqueray Ten gin and Zacapa rum. There are 10 drinks on the menu, 7 of which are 13 and qualify under the premium package and 3 that are a couple extra dollars. My go to drinks were the Buck Stops Here, made with Haig Club, Celebrity No. 10, made with Tanqueray Ten, and El Don Julio.

The frustrating thing was that the El Don Julio was included with the premium package, but when I ordered a shot of Don Julio Reposado, which is part of the included drink, I was charged 1.50, plus 18%. Made no sense to me whatsoever and left a very bad taste in my mouth regarding this policy.

The liquors are mainly from Diagio, which also include Haig Club scotch, Don Julio tequila, Tanqueray Ten gin and Zacapa rum. There are 10 drinks on the menu, 7 of which are 13 and qualify under the premium package and 3 that are a couple extra dollars. My go to drinks were the Buck Stops Here, made with Haig Club, Celebrity No. 10, made with Tanqueray Ten, and El Don Julio.

The frustrating thing was that the El Don Julio was included with the premium package, but when I ordered a shot of Don Julio Reposado, which is part of the included drink, I was charged 1.50, plus 18%. Made no sense to me whatsoever and left a very bad taste in my mouth regarding this policy.

Thanks for the update and information based on your actual usages. Either it is different on some ships or others are reporting incorrect information. I believe this is from people who actually did not order drinks. Perhaps confused about nothing in the Classic package? Some people have said that none of the drinks are included in the premium package and that is very hard to believe. I am really looking forward to the new bar. Over the 14 days I am going to try all 10 of the drinks. I never really cared much for the Molecular bar except that it was never crowded and always quiet. (But I did try most of the drinks at least once, but several cruises I never went at all)

Next time order a EL Don Julio and hold everything else. Did you order the shot of Don Julio Reposado at a different bar? I would "guess" the mixed drink does not include a full shot be caused it is mixed with other alcohol?

Thanks, again.

Next time order a EL Don Julio and hold everything else. Did you order the shot of Don Julio Reposado at a different bar? I would "guess" the mixed drink does not include a full shot be caused it is mixed with other alcohol?

Thanks, again.

I ordered the shot at the World Class Bar on night number 1 of our 10 day Equinox cruise. According to the ingredient list, which has been previously posted on here, the El Don Julio contains 1.5 oz of Reposado and it's the only alcohol included in that drink. Like I said, 7 drinks were 13 bucks and covered by the premium package, but not covered at all for those that had classic, just like it was when the Molecular Bar was around. Out of the remaining 3 super premium drinks, I only saw one being made all week, the one which infused the Zacapa rum with smoke, called Zacapa Above the Clouds. We inquired about the Mystic Ketel One on the first night and was told they had no dry ice. Also never saw one of the infusers for the Bulleit infused drink, but maybe they were kept below the bar in a refrigerator.

On our cruise last year on the Silhouette, we were at the Molecular Bar each and every night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves pre and post dinner, whereas this time around, we only made the World Class Bar 4 nights out of the ten we were on the Equinox and for much shorter periods of time. It went from being our go to bar to a place where we had an occasional drink.

I

On our cruise last year on the Silhouette, we were at the Molecular Bar each and every night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves pre and post dinner, whereas this time around, we only made the World Class Bar 4 nights out of the ten we were on the Equinox and for much shorter periods of time. It went from being our go to bar to a place where we had an occasional drink.

That's exactly what I was afraid of. :(

I only hope someone in Miami will notice the loss of revenue and re-think the decision about Junior Merino.

(Although, once we've paid for the premium package it's probably to Celebrity's advantage if we don't drink)

Edited by chamima

I was at the world class bar last night. As I began to ask the question, I am a fan of coming up roses, what would you suggest I order? I was interrupted and told, he knew nothing about it, it's not served anywhere on Celebrity and he could not assist.

I think maybe he had one too many questions about it.

One of the topics of conversation was the smoking smell at the bar which goes all the way back to the theater. For that reason alone we will not spend much time there. One of the guests told us they complained about the smell but were told it was because the eclipse was once a smoking ship! I was really taken aback as we know this isn't true. But then I wondered if the policy may have been suspended if the ship was ever chartered.

We enjoyed the drinks we had, but the original molecular bar thrill is gone.

There is a flyer by passport bar saying all drinks at world class bar and the martini bar are included in the premium package. I did not read this closely, but if anyone wants me to double check some wording I will do so.

There are currently no strawberries for drinks at the bar, not sure if it was a nightly issue or if was a few hours shortage.

I

I think maybe he had one too many questions about it.

One of the topics of conversation was the smoking smell at the bar which goes all the way back to the theater. For that reason alone we will not spend much time there. One of the guests told us they complained about the smell but were told it was because the eclipse was once a smoking ship! I was really taken aback as we know this isn't true. But then I wondered if the policy may have been suspended if the ship was ever chartered.

We enjoyed the drinks we had, but the original molecular bar thrill is gone.

We spent many hours at the Molecular Bar last February on the Eclipse and there was no smoking smell.

Was the cruise before yours a charter?

This doesn't make any sense but it's not good! :mad:

There is a flyer by passport bar saying all drinks at world class bar and the martini bar are included in the premium package. I did not read this closely, but if anyone wants me to double check some wording I will do so.

I'm surprised to see this because the 25th Anniversary Martini at the Martini bar is indeed, not fully covered under the premium package. They charge extra for it since it uses Grey Goose XO. I just had it last week on Reflection and it was $2 something extra on top of the package. I guess technically the bulk of the drink is included in the premium package, but that seems a little misleading to me for X to say all drinks are included.

Hi Tom!

How are you guys?

Will miss you, Larry and Jan this year! :(

As far as your question - I'll bet if Sherri reads the fine print on that flyer it'll say exactly what you experienced - something like "All included except......... "

Edited by chamima