Molecular will be replaced!?

fridge

We just got off Solstice and always met at Molecular Bar for pre dinner drinks. Loved the speciality drinks but the service was worst on the ship. They seemed to be so 'exclusive' they forgot customer service is still important.

They were quite 'cold' and it severely lacked atmosphere. One mixologist would only do one drink at a time and refuses to even make eye contact with you until HE was ready to serve you. Maybe this guy was just outright arrogant.

The other mixologist at least asked for 2-3 orders in a hit, which on many nights they had a full bar and there was just the two of them. No table service, you had to go up to the bar an wait for 'eye contact' to get your drink.

If that is the style trained for the Molecular Bar experience, then sorry but can't wait to see it go[emoji22]

Just hope Celebrity keep the bar with an alternative/unique drink selection to other bars, but with their own wonderful bartenders servicing it. [emoji322][emoji484][emoji322]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also sailed on Solstice in March/April and were looking forward to catching up with our favourite bartenders Summer and Adrian at Molecular. This bar was one of the highlights of our cruise experience previously. Unfortunately we were disappointed to find they were no longer on the ship and had been replaced by the bartenders mentioned in the above quote. After experiencing slow, impersonal service and ingredients to our favourite drink 'drying' up we ended up giving the bar a miss :(

I agree 100%...

I do believe Jelena (from our NYE eclipse cruise) was due to finish her contract in March just gone... But I believe she might have extended it for a short while? I'll ask her?

We did sail with another Jelena at the molecular bar on the silhouette in March and she was also very good and made all the off menu drinks on request... [emoji483][emoji39]

I'll be on the eclipse sat 9th may so will report back with the latest!

Thanks Tony - give her my regards if you have contact details [emoji41]

Look after the Eclipse as we are back on in January - I hope you have Kris as the Bars Manager ( he is in the video couple of posts ago) - superb at looking after his staff, always smiling , who in turn looked after us always smiling so most of the Cruisists smiled too [emoji2]

Enjoy the Fjords [emoji2]

Edited by gcgold

We're on the eclipse in 8 days time, I'm concerned at the reports that some drinks are outside the premium package but, I'm sure I will find lots of things I like within the package

Plan on taking photos of the bar and menu. As I'm only on 2 nights I will try to get them shared asap

We're on the eclipse in 8 days time, I'm concerned at the reports that some drinks are outside the premium package but, I'm sure I will find lots of things I like within the package

Plan on taking photos of the bar and menu. As I'm only on 2 nights I will try to get them shared asap

The few drinks outside the package are only $2.36 extra each... If you like the sound of them then they have to be worth the extra £1.57 each if not stick to the included drinks... I'm sure you're have plenty of choice over the 2 days... Don't forget the martini bar [emoji483][emoji41]

Look forward to you're pics & info... We board as you get off!

I agree 100%...

I do believe Jelena (from our NYE eclipse cruise) was due to finish her contract in March just gone... But I believe she might have extended it for a short while? I'll ask her?

We did sail with another Jelena at the molecular bar on the silhouette in March and she was also very good and made all the off menu drinks on request... [emoji483][emoji39]

I'll be on the eclipse sat 9th may so will report back with the latest!

2 Jelenas? And they're both Molecular bartenders? Hmm. The one we had on Equinox in January at the Molecular bar was fantastic. She had short black hair and was from Croatia. Certainly an asset to Celebrity.

Looking forward to the new bar next January, if they're still doing it by then. Things sure change fast sometimes.

2 Jelenas? And they're both Molecular bartenders? Hmm. The one we had on Equinox in January at the Molecular bar was fantastic. She had short black hair and was from Croatia. Certainly an asset to Celebrity.

Looking forward to the new bar next January, if they're still doing it by then. Things sure change fast sometimes.

I know... We had the same Jelena as you on 2 previous cruises in 2014 and when I found out that Jelena was on the silhouette in March this year I was a happy bunny... But I asked the original Jelena if she was indeed moving to the silhouette but she said no but it was indeed another Jelena and a friend of hers...

That said Jelena mark 2 was very good and looked after us very Well! [emoji483][emoji41]

I believe Jelena 1 is leaving celebrity in May [emoji22]

That was been great. Thank you in advance.

• 2 months later...
I hope that they decide to just come up with another third party affiliate or their own craft cocktail menu and keep it exclusive. If you need bottled water all you need to do is walk nearby to Cafe al Bacio. If you want beer, wine or a basic drink, there are many other options bar wise to get what you want. Unless the size of the bar was to increase, it would not be feasible to have it be both a full service bar and a specialty bar at the same time.

I can buy the argument that there's no room for wine and beer and even the idea that it's somehow better to be that exclusive (even though I don't agree) but not having water seemed pretty inexcusable to me. If cooler space is an issue it could be kept in a free-standing barrel-style coolers like Cafe Bacio uses.

I can buy the argument that there's no room for wine and beer and even the idea that it's somehow better to be that exclusive (even though I don't agree) but not having water seemed pretty inexcusable to me. If cooler space is an issue it could be kept in a free-standing barrel-style coolers like Cafe Bacio uses.
If you want water at a bar that has a limited number of exclusive drinks that they make, then how about if they have chocolate chip cookies at the Aqua Spa Cafe? After all, who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie? Kinda stupid, huh? Almost as stupid as not being able to walk 40-50 feet and get a bottle of water around the corner at Cafe al Bacio.

I have to respectfully disagree, I believe it is perfectly excusable. Assuming this replacement will result in the same number of bartenders as Molecular, I would prefer the bartenders to spend their time servicing customers who are paying for the expensive drinks. This as opposed to serving beer/wine/water/soda.

I'm not sure where I got this impression (I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything) but I seem to remember hearing Celebrity was re-thinking this change. :confused:

Maybe just wishful thinking................

Edited by chamima

I'm not sure where I got this impression (I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything) but I seem to remember hearing Celebrity was re-thinking this change. :confused:

You're right Karen, it was mentioned on another thread that Molecular was not being replaced on a particular ship. Can't remember which thread though. I did wonder how this would work though if the contract with Junior Merino has expired. Surely in that case, Celebrity wouldn't be able to serve the "molecular" drinks we are so fond of. We can only hope.

Maybe just wishful thinking................

You're right Karen, it was mentioned on another thread that Molecular was not being replaced on a particular ship. Can't remember which thread though. I did wonder how this would work though if the contract with Junior Merino has expired. Surely in that case, Celebrity wouldn't be able to serve the "molecular" drinks we are so fond of. We can only hope.

Thanks for the verification. :D

I was a little worried that my subconscious had taken over . :o

From what I've seen it looks like the molecular bar is already gone. If you look at the deck plans the set up is still there but it is not labeled (on the equinox at least). It seems weird to me that they would just leave that space unused but who knows.

From what I've seen it looks like the molecular bar is already gone. If you look at the deck plans the set up is still there but it is not labeled (on the equinox at least). It seems weird to me that they would just leave that space unused but who knows.

It's never been labeled.

I've just looked at the deck plan on .com and it's still labelled molecular bar

That's odd.. it doesn't show up for me. I would be really annoyed if there was nothing like the molecular bar there when I sail since its the only thing IMO that makes the premium package worthwhile. But from what i've read its not looking too good for me!:(

It was such a nice area that was an alternative to the noisy Martini Bar...we liked it before it became Molecular...they used to have nice food tastings there!

but whatever it is called, too pricey for us....we have the classic package so are priced out of the posh offerings....

Imho, every bar should offer club soda/ginger ale/water for those who are with drinkers but who themselves do not drink....

It was such a nice area that was an alternative to the noisy Martini Bar...we liked it before it became Molecular...they used to have nice food tastings there!

but whatever it is called, too pricey for us....we have the classic package so are priced out of the posh offerings....

Imho, every bar should offer club soda/ginger ale/water for those who are with drinkers but who themselves do not drink....

I agree with that. However the drinks at the molecular bar were very unique and memorable. It should be interesting to see how the new bar is though!