Molecular will be replaced!?

fridge

I agree with that. However the drinks at the molecular bar were very unique and memorable. It should be interesting to see how the new bar is though!

Is suppossed to replace the Molecular Bar by the end of summer 2015. Custom created craft cocktails to be served. Already on the Eclipse.

Only available on Celebrity Cruise Lines Global training program for Specialty bartenders.

Apparently the same type of things in the molecular bar to continue in this new and improved version that will broaden celebrity's guests horizons even furthe, according to an inside Celebrity Cruise Staff Memo.

but whatever it is called, too pricey for us....we have the classic package so are priced out of the posh offerings....

11.80 per day including gratuity is "too pricey" to upgrade your classic package to premium? I can see if you don't want to pay 15.00 per drink, but the 11.80 is less than the recommended gratuities per day for your cabin steward, waiter and assistant. If you have the classic package, then you're staying in at least an OV cabin and dropping a minimum of 2500 for the two of you on your vacation, yet that extra 23.60 per day for the two of you to enjoy "posh offerings" is out of your price range. :confused::confused::confused:

• 1 month later...
Me too! That's my favorite and we will be there on Sept 3, so I would love to be able to order it!

Sept 3rd? So you sail in about 10 days? Guess you will just have

to wait till you board and find out first hand;)

My favorite - Coming Up Roses - and we will be on the Silhouette T/A this October... Would love to know if I can get this drink.

Diane

This drink was not on the printed menu (there were about 8 drinks on it) but I'm sure it can be made if they made it before and if they have the ingredients.

• 4 weeks later...
Ditto...I doubt they will be stopping this, as it's very popular.

From what I've read is they have moved from nitrogen and frozen to smoke and fire, applying flavored smoke to drinks.

The "liquid nitrogen" trend in bartendering died a few years back, Smoke came in about a year ago.

Here's a link to some images of the drinks on offer now. Not sure if the site will block from CC though.

• 2 months later...

I just got back from the Silhouette, the molecular bar is still there but the menu is far more limited than it once was. I think they are running out of the specialty ingredients and they no longer able to restock. Just about all of the flavored foams are gone. The only one they had left was the chipotle foam. All of the drinks that used these flavored foams are off the menu. Nobody can say for sure when they will get rid of the bar, but with all the best drinks already gone from the menu, it is little consolation to molecular bar lovers that the bar is still on the ship.

I just got back from the Silhouette, the molecular bar is still there but the menu is far more limited than it once was. I think they are running out of the specialty ingredients and they no longer able to restock. Just about all of the flavored foams are gone. The only one they had left was the chipotle foam. All of the drinks that used these flavored foams are off the menu. Nobody can say for sure when they will get rid of the bar, but with all the best drinks already gone from the menu, it is little consolation to molecular bar lovers that the bar is still on the ship.

Very interesting JG!!!

Just got off the Equinox and the World Class Bar is nothing compared to the Molecular. The drinks are sub par for the most part when comparing them to the concoctions that the Molecular had and the occupancy factor was even lower than what we experienced in March of last year on the Silhouette. Most nights only a handful of people showed up and the two bartenders usually started cleaning up early.

IMHO, not renewing the contract with Junior Merino was a big mistake.