Printing Boarding Documents

How soon should I print my boarding documents and luggage tags. I am sailing on Princess and they will be available to print 75 days prior to sailing. (I am so excited I want to set my alarm for 12:01 AM to print them out.) Should I print them and check them, or wait until closer to our sailing date.

Whatever makes you happy. It doesn't really matter as long as you have them when you board. I usually don't print mine out until the day before I fly. (I make one trip to the FedEx store and print everything out all at once. I gave up buying ink cartridges and just put everything on a thumb drive and off I go. So much easier and I never have to worry about running out of ink or an outdated printer drivers :eek: )

How soon should I print my boarding documents and luggage tags. I am sailing on Princess and they will be available to print 75 days prior to sailing. (I am so excited I want to set my alarm for 12:01 AM to print them out.) Should I print them and check them, or wait until closer to our sailing date.

You can print them whenever you're ready. But, if there are any changes, you'll have to print them again. Just make sure all of the information is complete and correct before printing.

Anticipation is half the fun, isn't it? Embrace it.

In advance of printing tickets, do check your dining preference, bed configuration, etc. You have to dig a little on the Princess website to see those preferences on line.

On our upcoming cruise, I discovered by checking on-line that we were confirmed for Traditional Dining table for six instead of the earlier requested table of eight. I called Princess instead of just changing the request on line. Princess Rep was able to simply make the change without me having to lose my dining option (that is, instead of automatically being put on a wait list) as the website describes.

Changing dining options on board is less than fun...a waste actually of a perfectly relaxing float from the dock. Had to go through dining change on our first Princess Cruise.

I have a folder for all my cruise-related info so I print our boarding pass and luggage tags as soon as they are available and add them to the folder. It already has our air itinerary, pre-cruise hotel reservation, and any tour or port info that I've already gathered.

Edited by NMLady

I start to complete the "My Princess" or whatever the cruise line calls it, as soon as possible. Once all the information has been done, as soon as the cruise line permits the procedure, I print out the documents, in colour or b/w if I have to. If you get an upgrade, for free to a higher grade, just print out the updated version. Funnily enough if you lost all your documents on the way to the ship; provided you still have your passport/s, you can still board and cruise because it's all on the line's website. You will of course be giving them extra work and be a pest but you can still sail.

Regards John

I print mine about 1-2 weeks before the cruise when I am beginning to gather stuff for the cruise. At the 2 week out mark I can get my cruise documents together including our passports and that's one of the easy things that I can cross of my packing check list.

I just make sure they all go in my airport carry on that way I can do one last check and grab and go of that bag and I don't have to worry about it. I have all the important stuff all in one place. I choose my room specifically, so I don't typically have to worry about upgrades because I probably wouldn't take one unless it was a heck of a good one.