Searching for Studio Cabin

Hi all. Is there an easy way to search for cruises with available studio cabins? The only way I see at the moment is searching every ship that has it and every possible date to see if it's available. That would take forever.

Doesn't have to be the royal website, but just a place that shows me what sailings have the cabins open for booking.

Thanks

Hi all. Is there an easy way to search for cruises with available studio cabins? The only way I see at the moment is searching every ship that has it and every possible date to see if it's available. That would take forever.

Doesn't have to be the royal website, but just a place that shows me what sailings have the cabins open for booking.

Thanks

No easy way. Even if you call Royal they have to search every ship and sail date to look for a specific cabin.

There are a lot of Quantum and now even Anthem cruises that have a Studio Balcony Guarantee. I booked one for my last January cruise on Quantum and was given a D3. Much more room than a studio. If I booked the D3 instead of the Guarantee at the same time it would have been about $1500 more.

Don't limit yourself to just studio balcony cabins. At times you can get a better price on a regular balcony cabin.

When do you want to sail? I'm always checking prices for sailing solo. Maybe I know of something.

Edited by gaylemh

There are a lot of Quantum and now even Anthem cruises that have a Studio Balcony Guarantee. I booked one for my last January cruise on Quantum and was given a D3. Much more room than a studio. If I booked the D3 instead of the Guarantee at the same time it would have been about $1500 more.

Don't limit yourself to just studio balcony cabins. At times you can get a better price on a regular balcony cabin.

When do you want to sail? I'm always checking prices for sailing solo. Maybe I know of something.

I'm honestly not sure. I was thinking October or November. Was trying to see what studio cabins were available on which dates and decide from there. If I'm by myself I can be pretty flexible on dates. Too bad you can't filter your search on "cabin type".

It seems like a real hit or miss. I travel solo most times, and have only once managed to get a studio cabin. It wasn't much cheaper than a regular cabin to be honest, and half the points.

I wouldn't book them again unless the savings was huge.

And out of 6 cruises, I only once found a studio cabin, and just happened to get lucky to see it come up, after i had already booked a regular cabin and changed my booking.

Which ships have the studio cabins? Is it Radiance class and the Quantum? I'm currently holding a studio on the Brilliance, but, I'd prefer a ship with the Royal Promenade.

There are three Radiance class ships with studio interior staterooms, plus the two Quantum class ships. I don't believe there are any studio staterooms on ships with a Royal Promenade.

Interestingly, the new SB where changed months ago on Quantum to for sailings from June to

SD Deluxe Studio Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

This cabin still states they do not pay a single supplement as well. They do come up for double booking now though.

They are changed only on Quantum and from the June deck plans.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=QN&shipProfile=1678&sailDate=1150625&hasNavigation=false

While they did not change the text of the C&A extra point bonus

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

I am not sure if this would mean these new SD would actually give 2 points now as a solo?

They have not been changed on Anthem.

Edited by MADflyer