Freedom is now Evaluating New Policies/Procedures

Glad they will have a sales force and a loyalty person, but I feel sorry (already) for that loyalty person. I hope he/she has good training in customer service to handle all the issues passengers might have.

Rather than a person to assist just C&A members, I would rather see some sort of passenger liaison, for all levels including new passengers, empowered to solve an issue. I am not sure why my "problem" as some sort of upper C&A tier is any more important that an issue from a new cruiser.

M

I believe they will be called a "Crown and Anchor Loyalty Ambassador" that will be available to all passengers on the ships. I would think that as a first time cruiser you could go to him/her to sign up with C&A and deal with any issues that you may have. It is definitely not for just upper tiers. If not, that's what Guests Services is all about.

Edited by Tagsalong

I've never seen a suite party on any ship either. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vision has had them since arriving in Florida, Ft Lauderdale and Tampa. Pinnacles are not invited to Vision's Suite Party either. We didn't care, and don't miss them, on either ship but some Pins consider this an erosion of their amenities / benefits (ie the devaluation of the Gold Colored Card).

I brought this up because Pins were being invited to the Freedom's Vintages Reception, but, as of last week, this has stopped (ie another change in policy/procedure).

Edited by Tagsalong

I like the idea of a Loyalty Ambassador separate from the Next Cruise/Future Cruise Sales agent.

As an Emerald member, I guess it really doesn't make a difference to me on the parties. When I first turned Platinum, it seemed like a neat perk to be included in the "top tier" party...hob nob with the important people. LOL. Now that we always get the all-inclusive drink package we haven't felt a desire to go to either the "all C&A party" or the "top tier" party. I did go to the one on Allure only because it was in the Aquatheatre and I liked watching the performers. It does make sense for the Top Tiers to be Diamond and above.

Although, I do wish they would add a perk or two to the Emerald list. By adding that tier, it does take 2-3 additional cruises to make it to Diamond (depending on length for non suite cruisers) and the only "additional perk" from Platinum is some dried fruit, tiny bag of cookies and a Diet Coke in the room. Oh, and the increased balcony discount, which I do use. I guess it's better than nothing, I'm still cruising so that makes me happy. I'll eventually make it to Diamond...about 18 years after first sailing RCI.

I second the idea of having a Loyalty Ambassador. Also, on the 2/2 Quantum cruise the top tier was scantily attended. I primarily attended to learn of any new stuff that would happen in the future--NOT! Other than celebrating Pinnacle members for achieving certain # of nights and learning that the Captain Gus was transferring to the Anthem, it was a waste of time. Did not learn anything new. On other cruises there were some nuggets that you could walk away, but not on this.

Regarding the Suite party: We were on the Explorer in the VC lounge having a drink and an officer came by and started a conversation. He asked us how we liked our suite :confused:. . . . Little did we know it was the suite party. [we had purchased our drinks--not crashing the party]

Once we realized this [no sign at the door to give us a heads up]] since we were not in a suite we took our drinks and left.

I know Grandeur has this because I have seen the sign.

Regarding the top tier party: When we were platinum and Emerald we thought this was a decent perk. In some "Welcome back" parties we had attended the only drink options were "champagne" and fruit juice. . . . but, the top tier parties had a much better selection. DH does not drink wine and found that tipping the waiter got him a mixed drink.

We have enjoyed the top tier party on the Grandeur that they held in the solarium. They removed all of the loungers and had a string quartet.

If we were still Platinum or Emerald I am sure I would notice the difference.

So in other words, no party for anyone who is just a cruiser and not a top tier category??

They usually reserve the special parties for people who are return cruisers.

You will party it up just being on a cruise. For your first time, you probably won't even notice it.

Regarding the Suite party: We were on the Explorer in the VC lounge having a drink and an officer came by and started a conversation. He asked us how we liked our suite :confused:. . . . Little did we know it was the suite party. [we had purchased our drinks--not crashing the party]

Once we realized this [no sign at the door to give us a heads up]] since we were not in a suite we took our drinks and left.

I know Grandeur has this because I have seen the sign.

Regarding the top tier party: When we were platinum and Emerald we thought this was a decent perk. In some "Welcome back" parties we had attended the only drink options were "champagne" and fruit juice. . . . but, the top tier parties had a much better selection. DH does not drink wine and found that tipping the waiter got him a mixed drink.

We have enjoyed the top tier party on the Grandeur that they held in the solarium. They removed all of the loungers and had a string quartet.

If we were still Platinum or Emerald I am sure I would notice the difference.

Hated the top tier party in the solarium on Legend. Very awkward

This is not cool at all. We enjoy the welcome back parties for C&A, and when we turned platinum we had a top tier event - a sailaway reception on the Oasis helipad. We loved it! I had been waiting for our top tier event on Quantum, and no invitation was forthcoming. I emailed RCCL twice about it, and got a bunch of nonsense about being loyal customer and that I am now close to Emerald. This is just an excuse to take away a benefit that I have "worked so hard" to achieve. Actually, we spent a fair amount of money to get to some perks, and I want them.

I am calling foul on this.

Hated the top tier party in the solarium on Legend. Very awkward

I attended one on our Legend TA in the Solarium, also. I felt it was a nice change from the usual top tier party. It was like a stand up cocktail party rather than a sit down presentation. I felt it enocuraged mingling amoung the guests. . . . and there was much less talking at us. . . . but, different strokes, etc. :D

This is just an excuse to take away a benefit that I have "worked so hard" to achieve. Actually, we spent a fair amount of money to get to some perks, and I want them. I am calling foul on this.

I agree that for platinum and emerald this is a reduction in benefits.

I like the idea of a Loyalty Ambassador separate from the Next Cruise/Future Cruise Sales agent.

As an Emerald member, I guess it really doesn't make a difference to me on the parties. When I first turned Platinum, it seemed like a neat perk to be included in the "top tier" party...hob nob with the important people. LOL. Now that we always get the all-inclusive drink package we haven't felt a desire to go to either the "all C&A party" or the "top tier" party. I did go to the one on Allure only because it was in the Aquatheatre and I liked watching the performers. It does make sense for the Top Tiers to be Diamond and above.

Although, I do wish they would add a perk or two to the Emerald list. By adding that tier, it does take 2-3 additional cruises to make it to Diamond (depending on length for non suite cruisers) and the only "additional perk" from Platinum is some dried fruit, tiny bag of cookies and a Diet Coke in the room. Oh, and the increased balcony discount, which I do use. I guess it's better than nothing, I'm still cruising so that makes me happy. I'll eventually make it to Diamond...about 18 years after first sailing RCI.

I use to be so excited to move up a level but it seems like every time I move up so do the perks. I was on the Freedom in October 2014 the priority line at guest services was for emerald, diamond and diamond + after this cruise I would be emerald and was thinking next time I wouldn't have to make this long line yay!!!! Then I was on FOS in February 2015 and guess what no more emerald only Diamond, Diamond + ect. It seems every time I reach a new level it's like nothing big :( just makes me feel that being loyal just doesn't get you that much anymore and it really makes me sad because Royal use to be so good with there program. The bigger they get the more they are forgetting how they got there!!!

They haven't had one of those in years:confused:

They had a Welcome Back party for all C&A members in the theater on Legend last month.

In addition there was a Captain's event in the Centrum on Formal night for all guests. We also had a Top Tier event in the Solarium.

I just turned Emerald after my 14 nights New Zealand cruise 2 weeks ago and after reading in this thread the possible change of only considering D, D+, and P as top tier due to many Diamonds now, glad I am in a hurry to get out of Emerald to become Diamond by Sept (will stay only at Emerald for 6 months) by booking 3 cruises with them in May, June, and Sept.

If this change happens fleetwide late this year, it will definitely hit Platinum and Emerald members. With no access yet to Diamond lounge and no drink coupons benefit, Platinums and Emeralds have 2 parties, the welcome back, and top tier event to get free wine or mixed cocktail drinks, compared to Gold. This change make Platinums and Emeralds same with Gold with only one party with free alcoholic drinks.

It's true that Emeralds have the least incremental benefit vs the lower tier.. with just a welcome amenity in their stateroom and slightly higher balcony discount and slightly better C&A coupons.. in contrast, turning Gold gains a welcome back party and all base C&A coupons/benefits like on board next cruise bookings, priority boarding etc, turning Platinum gains balcony discounts, reciprocal Celebrity Azamara benefits, Top tier event, and turning Diamond gains Diamond lounge access, drink coupons, huge additional balcony discount vs Emeralds etc.... this makes turning Emerald pretty boring that is why want to get to Diamond as soon as possible.

Lastly, while in general, RCCL is now flooded with Diamonds.. this is not the case in the emerging market Asia where RCCL currently leads and China being a very lucrative market now as they tend to spend more due to their new found wealth, and many other cruise lines now taking notice and are transferring their ships to Asia.. since the cruising boom is fairly recent... there are not much Diamonds yet, as most Chinese are still in Platinum, some in Emerald as they just started cruising 2 years ago when Mariner got transferred to Asia, followed by Voyager. And the fact that they tend to take only short cruises of 5 days or less makes their tier advancement very slow.

I recalled 2 years ago when I attended the welcome back party at Mariner.. there are just around less than 20 of us crown and anchor members there, then last year, in Voyager, attendance is already normal as more Asians gain Crown and Anchor status.. but I recall there are only less than 10 Diamonds.

So I guess in new market Asia, Platinum is still considered top tier, while in mature cruise market where there are many Diamonds, make sense to make Diamond the entry level for top tier.

Edited by roquejo

I don't recall any special suite parties on any of the ships that we have booked suites (Liberty, Indy, allure). Unless your talking the helipad party. However, when we were on the Brillance we were invited to a really nice lunch for being Diamond. It was so nice and the food was out of this world. It was in one of the speciality resteraunts (chops?). So far, Brillance has been our best cruise/ship thus far.

How long ago was this? I was on Brilliance in Dec. and all they had then was the top tier party in the Colony Club one evening...if there was anything more I didn't get an invite nor did my friend & we were both D+...

on GR, we were invited to a suite only event in the CL one afternoon. a few officers came by to mingle. the usual premade drinks(bellini, fuzzy navels, one red, one white) but no nibbles. lasted maybe an hour.

did not get anything similar on EN or NAV.

on NAV, however, they did full on buffet lunch in Chops for 'top tier' not sure if it was D and up or D+ and up or what but it was beyond packed.. SRO in fact little bit of everything from the specialty restaurants( sushi, the guac from Sabor, etc) Officers served. very nicely done aside from the crowd

Hi. Might that Chops event with officers serving have been your "suite only event"? Or maybe suite plus Pinnacle? It sounds very nice, so appropriate for suite guests.

We are D+ and sailed on NOS with you:D. Our top tier invitations were for an ice show (with free drinks). In regular cabins rather than suites, we did not get invites to the Chops buffet lunch you describe. And based upon the number of top tier folks at the ice show, they could not have held the top tier event in Chops; they'd have needed at least half of the windjammer in addition to Chops...and a lot more lunch severs than they have officers!

This is not cool at all. We enjoy the welcome back parties for C&A, and when we turned platinum we had a top tier event - a sailaway reception on the Oasis helipad. We loved it! I had been waiting for our top tier event on Quantum, and no invitation was forthcoming. I emailed RCCL twice about it, and got a bunch of nonsense about being loyal customer and that I am now close to Emerald. This is just an excuse to take away a benefit that I have "worked so hard" to achieve. Actually, we spent a fair amount of money to get to some perks, and I want them.

OK:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

If this change happens fleetwide late this year, it will definitely hit Platinum and Emerald members. With no access yet to Diamond lounge and no drink coupons benefit, Platinums and Emeralds have 2 parties, the welcome back, and top tier event to get free wine or mixed cocktail drinks, compared to Gold. This change make Platinums and Emeralds same with Gold with only one party with free alcoholic drinks.

It's true that Emeralds have the least incremental benefit vs the lower tier.. with just a welcome amenity in their stateroom and slightly higher balcony discount and slightly better C&A coupons.. in contrast, turning Gold gains a welcome back party and all base C&A coupons/benefits like on board next cruise bookings, priority boarding etc, turning Platinum gains balcony discounts, reciprocal Celebrity Azamara benefits, Top tier event, and turning Diamond gains Diamond lounge access, drink coupons, huge additional balcony discount vs Emeralds etc.... this makes turning Emerald pretty boring that is why want to get to Diamond as soon as possible.

Actually the Emerald benefits have reduced since they became paperless on your SeaPass card.

The Ultimate Value Booklet gave you two 'purchase any wine, beer or soda by the glass and get a second one free' coupons.

Now on your SeaPass you only get one.

On Oasis in Jan, they had a Suite only luncheon in 150 Central Park at the same time and day as the D+(340 days) and Pinnacle Luncheon with an Officer. Guess RCCL figured by doing it this way the Pinnacles wouldn't know they were not invited to the Suite Luncheon!

:eek:

No foul. Program can change at any time. You spent your money on a cruise I would think and not for some perks, that can go away at any time. Stick around long enough-you'll see that first hand.

As for new policies:

I also think that having an LA handle C&A issues is a great idea considering the amount of C&A members on board at any given time. This is what an LA should do-IMHO.

Have a complete different person selling cruises considered sales is a good thing too!!

I've had some sort of suite party every cruise I have been on. Each time different but still had one.

Never go to those top tier things. Always get an invite though.

I just saw this thread. I will certainly be crying foul if they do this on my upcoming Serenade cruise. As an emerald cruiser, I have been able to attend a few

top tier parties in the past and always enjoy them. On this cruise, the friends I am cruising with are all diamond or above. So, I would have to attend the bottom tier party all by myself while my friends get to attend the top tier party without me. Yes, I think that is worth crying foul over.

On my last Princess cruise, they had done away with a welcome back party for gold and Ruby members. Instead of the usual party in a lounge with drinks, they had a presentation in the theater which was basically a sales pitch. Then they shoved a coupon for one free drink in your hand as you walked out of the door. It was ridiculous. I was happy that the cruise I was on finally put me at Platinum status with Princess, because I certainly would not have attended another welcome back party for their gold or ruby members. I sure hope Royal Caribbean still provides an actual party for the lower tier returning passengers.

Yes the perks are slowly going again. Normally I cruise rccl because I enjoyed my perks. I did not use them all, but it was nice to know they care and were trying to make people they appreciate them coming back. I love the welcome back party and the Orchestra. It made me fell special.

Those Pinnacles members that have cruised so much, why should their perks start to go away.

RCCl was very well known for all the perks and fun they had for their returning customers. Now there is options since there is nothing much special. Even the balcony specials have so many restrictions.

Companies should remember they need to find ways to keep their customers. Once they go away it is hard to bring them back and there are similar choices out there.

I just saw this thread. I will certainly be crying foul if they do this on my upcoming Serenade cruise. As an emerald cruiser, I have been able to attend a few top tier parties in the past and always enjoy them. On this cruise, the friends I am cruising with are all diamond or above. So, I would have to attend the bottom tier party all by myself while my friends get to attend the top tier party without me. Yes, I think that is worth crying foul over.

Cruzin-K- Believe you me when I say I understand your feelings and I am not singling you out. This is a general response.

I've often said to people I've never understood cruising for perks that may very well change. Saying things like I've invested a lot of money for my perks always confused me. Programs change and this one has been one to follow that statement.

Now although, as stated earlier, this seems to be on a trial basis they are changing the wording to who can come to these certain parties it seems. It's no different then diamond members can go to the diamond lounge and Emerald guests can not. Seems they may re-name and redistribute passengers and returning parties according to C&A tier level. C&A is a huge program with quite a few people that have signed up. It is going to have to possibly adjust to its own success.

Hey, I'm over at the NCL board confused as all heck as to changes and uproars over there. What used to be and what is now and what's changing has them all up in arms too. Seems things change everywhere and cruise lines want to bring up new passengers that do not reflect on how things were.

But again..this seems to be noted as a trial, on one ship supposedly so who knows. The top tier party may wind up staying as is if enough that enjoy it, let that be known. Or, it could be that thing they do to keep the chase going as that's what a good reward program will do.