Freedom is now Evaluating New Policies/Procedures

My take on the parties is this. At one time, I went to the parties so I can get free drinks. Now I get a package. I already paid for my drinks, so the drink is no longer free!!!

Top tier event was a bunch of people sitting around having a few drinks, with a band playing music that put me to sleep. Plus my free drinks were no longer needed with my package.

With my bogo free drinks, has also been lost, since I have already bought all my drinks.

So basically, all the perks, kind of really do not matter. If you went to get "extra" free drinks, it's lost.

I think it's good to offer this and since you are Gold on your second trip, just about everyone gets recognized.

I just wish they improved the party, like adding comedy or something. I would also like to see a "discount" added for a specialty restaurant instead of a free drink, which now is meaningless for many!

The top tier party on the Jewel last year (January) was held on the helipad at sailaway from Antigua. I really enjoyed it. There were waiters wandering around with trays of snacks and drinks aplenty. Pretty much all the senior officers were there except the Captain (it was during sailaway so he had somewhere else to be ;) ) The whole crowd did turn and wave up to the bridge at one point, and the Captain waved back. :D

I thought it was fun to have the party in a different location than the regular welcome back party and the CC Meet & Mingle, both of which were held in the Safari Club.

I still enjoy going to the parties even after all these years. I still like getting my photo taken with the Captain, and going to the same old shipboard activities. It all makes me feel like I'm on a cruise. :)

Edited by Cruzin-K

Hey, I'm over at the NCL board confused as all heck as to changes and uproars over there. What used to be and what is now and what's changing has them all up in arms too. Seems things change everywhere and cruise lines want to bring up new passengers that do not reflect on how things were.

I am thrilled that the bellyaching about changes that cruise lines do, is not JUST a Royal Caribbean cruiser issue. I am glad to read that the cruisers on other lines, are just as irritated.

For me, I don't cruise for the perks, but they are nice and I won't give them away. But we fell in love with cruising on Navigator in 2004 and have enjoyed every one of them since. We have enjoyed every party we have been invited to attend. We have enjoyed a few gift bottles of Champagne, from Hotel Mgrs and Executive Chefs along the way that we have met and enjoyed time with.

We even enjoyed being comped to a Specialty Restaurant by a cruise line employee....you never know who you will meet, and what may come of it.....but again, that isn't why we cruise....we cruise because we love it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. :) And many are not presented at any party I have many blocks, and ALL have been left in the cabin.

M

My crystal blocks have been left on my cabin bed too....Actually I would rather have had them mailed...they just add weight to my luggage ;)

I am thrilled that the bellyaching about changes that cruise lines do, is not JUST a Royal Caribbean cruiser issue. I am glad to read that the cruisers on other lines, are just as irritated.

For me, I don't cruise for the perks, but they are nice and I won't give them away. But we fell in love with cruising on Navigator in 2004 and have enjoyed every one of them since. We have enjoyed every party we have been invited to attend. We have enjoyed a few gift bottles of Champagne, from Hotel Mgrs and Executive Chefs along the way that we have met and enjoyed time with.

We even enjoyed being comped to a Specialty Restaurant by a cruise line employee....you never know who you will meet, and what may come of it.....but again, that isn't why we cruise....we cruise because we love it.

Why never cruise anyone else though. You have so many choices between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

I'm sure you would enjoy it and find a nice price

Why never cruise anyone else though. You have so many choices between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

I'm sure you would enjoy it and find a nice price

We have never cruised any other line, simply because we have not had any inclination to do it. We have enjoyed every cruise we have taken on them.

Eventually there will be an itinerary that we will want or a time frame that we will want that Royal isn't offering something that interests us -- but so far....we are Royalists. Not blind to the changes that have occurred, but nothing has really impacted us having a great vacation onboard a Royal ship.

Then we have also gotten some perks that have not been part of the 'Royal' list over time....and those come from relationships we have built -- that makes it enjoyable.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone go to the parties for a reason other than the free drinks? :confused: I don't find them that interesting.

I agree with you, I don't really have time for the captain story and see how other C&A member stand up when their level is called. Not to mention that you will also hear the story of super Mario if he happens to be onboard. I grab my drinks and walk away.

I agree with you, I don't really have time for the captain story and see how other C&A member stand up when their level is called. Not to mention that you will also hear the story of super Mario if he happens to be onboard. I grab my drinks and walk away.

Just off the Navigator and the party was in his honor and all about him.

This is what we experienced on our b2b2b on Allure in Jan/Feb of this year. There were two parties as described above.

If there was a party at Vintages for those in a GS or above (which we were booked in) we did not get an invitation.

Well, that was a big bummer! Not like you knew when it even was, so you could mention that should also include you two from a GS?

They have split the LA and Future Cruise/Next Cruise staff a while back, I think this was a good idea.

I also think that TOP TIER should not include every level expect for Gold....

These 2 changes I feel are a step forward in serving us better.

Freedom is one of three ships doing a test run whereby they no longer have a "Welcome Back Party" and "Top Tier Party". The Freedom, last week, had a Party for Gold - Platinum - Emerald on one night and then a Party for D / D+ / Pinnacle on another night. This will roll-out fleetwide later in the year. The D / D+ / Pinnacle may still be called a "Top Tier Party". We were told that two other ships are doing the same and the response will be evaluated before any final decision to go fleetwide.

This thread is now over a year old.

Has this been rolled out?

We have been on two cruises during this time and I don't recall seeing this split.

We were on the Majesty last month, and all of the C&A members were at the same party. But, there were only 250 members on a full ship. That was low, compared to other ships I've been on.

If there was a top tier event, there would have been only 15 people. Out of the 250, 200 were Gold.

That said, I admittedly go for the free drinks. But then, the only beverage package we get are soda packages for my son and me, and a water package for my wife.

By the same token, I like hearing the captain's story. My father-in-law is a former U.S. Navy officer and maritime industry consultant.

• 5 months later...

When we sailed the Mariner (first RCI cruise) and Freedom (gold ) in suites we were invited to a suite party before dinner with the captain in a room off the promenade.

When we sailed the Allure and Oasis we were invited to sail aways with the captain and some officers on the Helipad.

Now on our first Allure cruise we were emerald and do not know if that is what got us there or the suite.

But have always been invited to a party...................

Safe travels.