Disney FastPass on QOTS

Hello!

I am about to book a Disney excursion for myself and my partner for when we are on the Quantum of the Seas. I wonder if anyone knows if we are able to book FastPasses if done this way, as I'm assuming we don't get the tickets for the park until that day, and we need a code for our reservation in order to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I hope this is in the correct place, apologises if not.

I can't help with the "fast pass" question.....but, are you aware how far Disneyworld is from Port Canaveral? Unless your ship is in port for more than 12 hours, you really don't have time to do Disney....

It's about 1 hour to the park...and about 30-40 mins. from the parking area INTO the park.

Disney is best done as a stand-alone trip. The Magic Kingdom itself takes a full 2 days to see everything!

You may want to rethink this one!

I think Royal Caribbean may offer their own excursion to Disney World, in which case time should not be an issue.

As far as booking the Fastpasses, I am not sure how that could be done. Do you have a Disney account? You'd probably need the ticket numbers (from Disney) at the very least, and I don't think you get the excursion tickets until you're onboard. I wonder if you can contact Disney and ask?

You will probably need to call RCCL, but my guess is you will not be able to book the FP+ (FastPass+) until you arrive at the park (which may mean that the headliner attractions are already booked up). As I'm sure you've realized, in order to book a FP+ you need to have a park ticket linked to your MyMagic+ account. As you will not be getting your ticket until the day of, it may be impossible for you to book your FPs ahead of time. Once you get to the park, you can take your ticket to several kiosks that are spread out throughout the park and then book your FPs, but by then, depending on when you go the top 2-3 attractions may be completely booked up, but you will still be able to get FPs -- you will just need to wait in the regular line for those attractions which you can't get a FP.

Still, I would suggest you call RCCL, because they may be able to get you the ticket number you need to link to your account, though I doubt it.

As PP said, you would have to call RCCL to get a ticket number which I doubt you would be able to get.

There seems to be two different tours PC50 ($130) which includes a park ticket and PC11 ($36) which doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any other differences, so I would guess it is the same bus. A ticket to Magic Kingdom is $112 (The other parks are $103).

If you get the bus only, you could buy the MK ticket beforehand and attach it to your Disney account. This would allow you to get Fastpasses at 30 days. It would cost $148 for this option (or $18 more each) but would give you three fastpasses. Personally, I would go for this option as it would probably save you a couple of hours which when you don't get there at rope drop and only have 7 hours is a good thing.

You don't say when you are going. The crowd levels at the park would drive how much time you would save. I would assume in the afternoon, most of the headliners would have an hour wait.

I purchased my tickets under my disney account (you can go to disney dot com and create an account if you want). Just purchase the tickets, no specific day required. Then you can choose up to 3 attractions for fast pass. According to the disney representative, those fast pass choices will be linked to your account when you use your ticket for that day. Make sure you do it early though. The disney website will give you 4 choices for these 3 fast passes and 3 of the 4 were times that were either very early in the morning (before the bus would get there) or late in the evening (after the bus left). But we got

Space Mountain®

11:15 AM - 12:15 PM

Tomorrowland Speedway

12:30 PM - 1:30 PM

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

1:45 PM - 2:45 PM

so we are good.

It is all linked to your account under disney dot com.

As PP said, you would have to call RCCL to get a ticket number which I doubt you would be able to get.

There seems to be two different tours PC50 ($130) which includes a park ticket and PC11 ($36) which doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any other differences, so I would guess it is the same bus. A ticket to Magic Kingdom is $112 (The other parks are $103).

If you get the bus only, you could buy the MK ticket beforehand and attach it to your Disney account. This would allow you to get Fastpasses at 30 days. It would cost $148 for this option (or $18 more each) but would give you three fastpasses. Personally, I would go for this option as it would probably save you a couple of hours which when you don't get there at rope drop and only have 7 hours is a good thing.

You don't say when you are going. The crowd levels at the park would drive how much time you would save. I would assume in the afternoon, most of the headliners would have an hour wait.

We are regular disney visitors. This is absolutely what my recommendation would be as well!

I don't know much about cruising, but I know a lot about Disney and FP+... You can ONLY book FP+ with a prepurchased ticket linked to your disney account (my magic plus) 30 days out.. depending on when you are traveling, I also would do what was suggested of buying your ticket separate.. again depending on when you are going, even at 30days out rides like 7dmt may already be gone.... good luck but dont expect to get that much done in one day.

We have annual disney passes. I would really recommend making disney a pre or post cruise trip. From port Canaveral disney is shy of an hour away if there is no traffic. Most ride lines are long and grow longer in the summer. Some of the best parts of disney include the parades and fireworks, which you will miss most of :( Then if you want a character meal, book it ASAP and budget 60-75 minutes. You're trying to do a lot in a short period of time. Disney is so wonderful, I would not want you to feel you missed out on something.

We have annual disney passes. I would really recommend making disney a pre or post cruise trip. From port Canaveral disney is shy of an hour away if there is no traffic. Most ride lines are long and grow longer in the summer. Some of the best parts of disney include the parades and fireworks, which you will miss most of :( Then if you want a character meal, book it ASAP and budget 60-75 minutes. You're trying to do a lot in a short period of time. Disney is so wonderful, I would not want you to feel you missed out on something.

The OP is looking for an excursion from QOTS which sails from NJ. Pre or Post cruise isn't really an option here. Sometimes a day of Disney is better than none ;)

That being said, a good touring plan for a day trip (or any trip) is always helpful.

Last year in March, off Explorer, we rented a car, drove to Disney, spent the morning in downtown Disney and spent the afternoon at a preseason major league baseball game at Disney's sports complex and got back to the ship with time to spare.

Hello!

I am about to book a Disney excursion for myself and my partner for when we are on the Quantum of the Seas. I wonder if anyone knows if we are able to book FastPasses if done this way, as I'm assuming we don't get the tickets for the park until that day, and we need a code for our reservation in order to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I hope this is in the correct place, apologises if not.

it is a complete waste of time and money to even THINK about doing Disney excursion..on ANY ship. you do NOT have enough time in a park to justify it.

but to specifically answer the question, you must have a ticket or voucher in hand before you can schedule FP+.

While some people think that "one day is not enough", MANY cruisers have spent a very happy and satisfactory day at either WDW or Universal. (Also a RC excursion).

You are so correct.

A great deal of people will say it is a waste of the day and money.

Others will say it will give them a great day and worth it.

Neither of the above is better than the other.

It is important to realize what one is signing up for. Personally I think trying to do this in one day from so far away is crazy. But... for some it is not, especially if it will be their only chance to get there.

I think that one would have a much more enjoyable day at seaworld or maybe animal kingdom at WDW for a day trip like this - the parks are smaller and the headliners are all attainable. While those going to MK or US/IOA would be forced to make the hard choices of what to do.

All that being said - if you have been to MK before and your goal was just to see new fantasy land - then but all means - this could work for you!!

With that - I don't think it's appropriate to judge or critique those who select these plans. Hopefully they understand what they are getting.

Touringplans.com is a great site and my family thinks it's well worth the 10$ to join. We do a lot of crowd planning and always make custom touring plans. My favorite feature of those is the ability to 're-assess' the order of the steps in the park when we opt to take in something extra or get distracted by a parade or something. It also will make sure you have a realistic expectation of what you can do in a day based on your arrival and departure times.

Enjoy!!

We took a cruise with port canveral being a port stop. We took a Magic Kingdom day. No, you will not be able to get FP before time with your ticket through the cruise lines.

If wanting something like 7 Dwarfs Mine train or anna and Elsa-- youwill not be getting those on day of and you will not be there for Wishes..

But everything else is available for when you arrive.

We had a wonderful day but we had a wonderful step by step plan. Even got to see the move it shake it parade along with the Fantasy Parade.

While some people think that "one day is not enough", MANY cruisers have spent a very happy and satisfactory day at either WDW or Universal. (Also a RC excursion).

I agree. I'd be happy walking around Epcot for a few hours.

I just hope the OP realizes that it's one of the busiest weeks of the year at WDW. Standby lines could be over 2 hours.

We had AP last year and went a total of 21 days = still did not get it all done. Even with planning extended stays, thinking you can see and do it all is a mistake many rookies make and not having a good time trying to fit it all in

We had AP last year and went a total of 21 days = still did not get it all done. Even with planning extended stays, thinking you can see and do it all is a mistake many rookies make and not having a good time trying to fit it all in

Why is it so hard to understand that even if someone can't get it all done (or nearly all for that matter), they could still have a very enjoyable few hours in the magic? I'd rather have 2 hours at Disney World than no hours. I don't think anyone, including OP, has suggested that they expect to get all of Disney World done in a day.

OMG...A cruise plus a day at Disney. That's amazing. I would totally do this too if Port Caravel was a stop and it was an RCL excursion. We took our kids to Disney World last October and had the best time. Even just a day or half day would be worth it in my opinion. Disney really is magical for a kid (and even adults)

As for Fast Past, you need an MDE account plus a park ticket. Otherwise, you cannot book them and attach them to your name. There are Fast Pass machines on site (usually used for booking 4th Fast Pass once you use up your 3 pre-booked ones), so maybe you can book from there. But not sure if you have no account how that would work.

It's definitely advantageous to use FP to avoid the lines.

Edited by LuCruise

Why is it so hard to understand that even if someone can't get it all done (or nearly all for that matter), they could still have a very enjoyable few hours in the magic? I'd rather have 2 hours at Disney World than no hours. I don't think anyone, including OP, has suggested that they expect to get all of Disney World done in a day.

Well said! Besides, I thought Port Canaveral was a wasted stop anyway. Especially if one had been on cruises that depart from there. I've looked at cruises with that stop and didn't care for them but I didn't realize I could have a day at Disney. I'll look at those cruises differently from now on:D

Have a great time OP!!

Edited by sailor05

I go to Disney between 1-3 days each month. Most time we go, I schedule my fast passes the day before or the same day and I have gotten very good rides. You're not going to get Elsa and Anna or the 7 Dwarves Mine train but you will probably have a lot of good choices at MK. It has the most rides so more choices.

If you get your ticket the day before and have the wifi plan, you can create your MDE account, link your ticket, and have more ride choices. If the system gives you times that don't work, you can usually modify the times to fit your schedule. This update can be done immediately after making the initial fp reservations.

In any case, you can make your reservations with the MDE going to the park or in the park. You do not have to line up at a kiosk. You can, but most people in line are trying to get a 4th fp. You can go to the disboard web site and find many tips about fp.

I would go to the parks from Port Canavaral. Even with last minute fasts passes for non-headliners, you can go on at least 3 rides, have time to walk around the park and soak up the atmosphere, get something to eat, and shop for souvenirs if you wish within 4-5 hours. I have done this many times, even between Christmas and New Years.

You are paying a lot for your cruise and if it were me, I would want to make the most of this stop. With the exception of the Kennedy Space Center, I don't feel Cocoa Beach has that much to offer at this time.