Port Everglades.. Which Of The Hilton Group Nice?

F27TW

Independence in June ... getting in early evening the day before .. so don't need the Taj Mahal ... but want it nice and clean .. . ideally with something to eat near by .. and not too far for taxi $$ from airport or to port the next mornin,

Any clues ? (before the mods shoot this over to the "florida ports" section that no one reads) ;)

Edited by F27TW

Embassy Suites on 17th Ave. is nice and not too expensive. And just a couple minutes walk from a shopping center where a drug store, wine store and grocery store where you can pick up some things that maybe you don't want to drag on a plane with you. Plus real close to an Outback Steakhouse and a couple other restaurants as well. So it's really a choice between great view or some local conveniences.

If you're a Hilton Honors member this site tells you how to get a good price.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/02/19/hilton-20-off-discount-program-in-the-united-states-hawaii-included-canada-the-caribbean-mexico-latin-america/

Edited by sailor05

Leaning toward the Embassy ... any word on the Hampton Inn Cruise Port just north of the airport ?

We’ve stayed at both properties and have liked them equally. The Hampton does off a free breakfast as well but no evening mangers happy hour. Hampton however does offer a free pick up shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. Embassy Suites does not. Can’t go wrong with either property.

We’ve stayed at both properties and have liked them equally. The Hampton does off a free breakfast as well but no evening mangers happy hour. Hampton however does offer a free pick up shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. Embassy Suites does not. Can’t go wrong with either property.

PERFECT ... DaveKathy (and the others who replied) .... thanks so much for your advice ! Sound like Hampton it is, then !

PERFECT ... DaveKathy (and the others who replied) .... thanks so much for your advice ! Sound like Hampton it is, then !

You're welcome. If you do stay at Hampton Inn Cruise Port North they have pink flamingos on the top of their van. Can’t miss it.

Edited by davekathy

You're welcome. If you do stay at Hampton Inn Cruise Port North they have pink flamingos on the top of their van. Can’t miss it.

OMG .. My kinda place for sure, then ! :p Just booked it !

We prefer this lcation over the Marina,- but be prepared to pay much more most times.

However not necessary much more that Marinas port view rooms with balcony, on which there is lots of street noise.

The Beach has a great pool overlooking the ocean,- but you can not see your ship come in in the morning.

The Beach is across the street from the ocean with great view from the balconies with ocean view.

Water taxi and restaurants few blocks from the Beach Resort. We also find rooms, in house restaurant and staff superior to the other Hilton family hotels.

Drawback is higher taxi fares to and from the hotel.

Embassy Suites on 17th Ave. is nice and not too expensive. And just a couple minutes walk from a shopping center where a drug store, wine store and grocery store where you can pick up some things that maybe you don't want to drag on a plane with you. Plus real close to an Outback Steakhouse and a couple other restaurants as well. So it's really a choice between great view or some local conveniences.

If you're a Hilton Honors member this site tells you how to get a good price.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/02/19/hilton-20-off-discount-program-in-the-united-states-hawaii-included-canada-the-caribbean-mexico-latin-america/

That was an awesome link... THANK YOU!!!

Had a couple of upcoming Hilton hotel reservations. Went in and re-booked them per this link and saved 20% - 26% on our hotel stays which was about $300 savings.

OMG .. My kinda place for sure, then ! :p Just booked it !

The Hampton Inn is close to the Cruise port and there is a small strip mall across the street with a liquor store, a Winn Dixie grocery store and a couple other stores. Also a couple of fast food restaurants real close. Very short walk. The Winn Dixie has everything you forgot and a wine section if you want to bring wine aboard. Over on 17th street there is a wine store called Total Wine with a huge selection of wines.

Independence in June ... getting in early evening the day before .. so don't need the Taj Mahal ... but want it nice and clean .. . ideally with something to eat near by .. and not too far for taxi $$ from airport or to port the next mornin,

Any clues ? (before the mods shoot this over to the "florida ports" section that no one reads) ;)

I always stay at a Hilton property because I have those "points" from my credit card.

Forget the Hilton Marina. No free airport shuttle. Same for Embassy Suites. All of the others, perfectly fine. I have probably stayed in all of them, and disliked none of them.

BTW, not ALL of the Hampton Inn's shuttle vans have the pink flamingos on top. We found that out to our chagrin. (we missed the shuttle because of it; had to call and wait again)

It is all in what you are looking for....when we head down a day or so before a cruise, a free shuttle is not the deciding factor for us. I would rather sit on my balcony and watch the cruise ships come in or the beautiful yachts.

The great thing about Ft. Lauderdale is the airport and port are close and the 17th Street area has lots of good options.

Have stayed at Hampton Inn cruiseport north and it was great. No free happy hour but I find those very crowded anyway. A busy bar/restaurant is near it however plus the german restaurant and other stores too. The people at Hampton Inn are really very personable. The breakfast area is large and the coffee is good.

I always stay at a Hilton property because I have those "points" from my credit card.

Forget the Hilton Marina. No free airport shuttle. Same for Embassy Suites. All of the others, perfectly fine. I have probably stayed in all of them, and disliked none of them.

BTW, not ALL of the Hampton Inn's shuttle vans have the pink flamingos on top. We found that out to our chagrin. (we missed the shuttle because of it; had to call and wait again)

You are correct. We had people in our van that found out the hard way also. That's why when I responed to the OP I stated "Hampton Inn Cruise Port North".

Another vote for the Hampton Airport North Cruiseport. We have stayed there 6 or 7 times now. It has always been very good, and we have it booked again before our next 2 cruises.

They have the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. They will also shuttle you to restaurants within close proximity to the hotel for free.

They now use an outside company to shuttle you to the port. This costs $6 each and is well worth it.

Across the road in a large plaza is a grocery store, dollar store, liquor store, several clothing stores, a Big Lots, laundry mat, etc. There are several restaurants too - Subway, Slackers (sports bar that gets good reviews, a pizza place, a Thai place that also gets good reviews, a burger fast food place. Also, across the main road there is a really good German restaurant, and just at the corner is a McDonalds, so there are lots of choices near the hotel.

The hotel itself is always clean and staff are friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is good with lots of choices.