Next cruise program changing again!!

I guess a lot of people must be signing up for cruises and canceling. Maybe this is intended to make them feel like they have more to lose since it feels like they already have some $$$ in the deposit that they don't get back.

I wonder if you also lose the deposit if you change the reservation.

Tom

We were able to change ours. However, I don't know if there is a time-limit to make the change.

I called C and A and was told that you can either get the OBC on the cruise you are on and the deposit would be non refundable.

OR

You can do it the way it is now and get the OBC on the cruise that you booked and the deposit IS refundable

FYI: On my last cruise on Oasis in June I booked a next cruise (not open). I had no choice and had to take the $100 OBC on the Oasis cruise I was currently on and was not allowed to have it applied to that next cruise.

FYI: On my last cruise on Oasis in June I booked a next cruise (not open). I had no choice and had to take the $100 OBC on the Oasis cruise I was currently on and was not allowed to have it applied to that next cruise.

I keep reading about people being forced to take the OBC immediately. This seems so strange that they would not be allowing it on the future cruise.

We booked our next cruise whilst on Explorer, the deposit was £98 and I was given $150 obc, I chose to take it on the Explorere, it paid for a new watch. I could of taken it to the next cruise, but that seemed to be a no brainer. They gave me my deposit back, if I cancel I lose nothing, if I change anything there are no additional costs for the first change. The only draw back was the discounts whilst booking onboard were at my present status which went up a notch whilst on the cruise.

However it seems that with all things RCI little niggles creep in that need sorting out, different info from the booking on board to that passed to my TA.

Just an FYI, but Open Bookings have been discontinued.

You were given incorrect information on the OBC and you should have called C&A immediately upon your return home to let them know that their agents are misrepresenting the new Booking Program.

I booked a cruise while on a cruise in June on Liberty and had no problem applying the OBC to the newly booked cruise.

harz99 ... Interested to read you got the BOGHO offer when you transferred. I booked a future cruise while on Radiance in May (one for us and one for friends). New itineraries for the cruise we wanted hadn't been released yet. It was recommended that we book the 2015 sailing and transfer the booking when the 2016 itineraries were released. We were assured that all offers including BOGHO would be fully transferable. When the new itineraries where released they didn't have the sailing we wanted so we found a different sailing on the same ship. As the booking was sent to our TA we asked them to arrange the transfer. TA finally got RCL to agree to transfer the booking but I cant get anyone to honour the BOGHO offer. TA referred it to wholesaler, wholesaler referred it to RCL and RCL say it is not their problem. Have spent the last month going around in circles. Wondering where to turn to next to get someone to acknowledge and accept what Belinda on Radiance offered us.

harz99 ... Interested to read you got the BOGHO offer when you transferred. I booked a future cruise while on Radiance in May (one for us and one for friends). New itineraries for the cruise we wanted hadn't been released yet. It was recommended that we book the 2015 sailing and transfer the booking when the 2016 itineraries were released. We were assured that all offers including BOGHO would be fully transferable. When the new itineraries where released they didn't have the sailing we wanted so we found a different sailing on the same ship. As the booking was sent to our TA we asked them to arrange the transfer. TA finally got RCL to agree to transfer the booking but I cant get anyone to honour the BOGHO offer. TA referred it to wholesaler, wholesaler referred it to RCL and RCL say it is not their problem. Have spent the last month going around in circles. Wondering where to turn to next to get someone to acknowledge and accept what Belinda on Radiance offered us.

Sorry to say but I very much doubt that you will get anyone to honour what someone verbally told you.

When transferring from one cruise to another Royal has never honoured past promotions. You get whatever promotion and pricing is in effect at the time of transfer. The only thong that has ever transferred from one cruise to another is the OBC for booking on board.

It is very frustrating because the promotion was still in place when we asked for the transfer but somehow between the TA, wholesaler and RCL it took a week to have somone agree to the transfer by which time the promotion had ended.They gave us the OBC which is little consolation compared to the BOGOHO offer. What is more frustrating is that all my emails to RCL are referred to the wholesaler who refers all emails to RCL. If we had waited until we had got home to make the booking we wouldnt have had this problem.

I have a copy of the invoice from my booking on Radiance and made my TA fully aware of the terms, he arranged the transfer with Royal here in the UK with no problems, beyond that I can't comment. I think you need to speak to the C&A people and enlist their help, failing that escalate the matter higher up the food chain.

It is very frustrating because the promotion was still in place when we asked for the transfer but somehow between the TA, wholesaler and RCL it took a week to have somone agree to the transfer by which time the promotion had ended.They gave us the OBC which is little consolation compared to the BOGOHO offer. What is more frustrating is that all my emails to RCL are referred to the wholesaler who refers all emails to RCL. If we had waited until we had got home to make the booking we wouldnt have had this problem.

Their pricing is so whacky now that it is difficult to tell what the actual price of the cruise is...let alone putting in additional middlemen like a wholesaler and a TA.

We were able to keep our deposit money for one transfer, for an exchange from a cruise on Freedom this September to one on Liberty next September. We were also allowed to keep some promotional OBC thing that we were booked under including one BOGHO to another. But that was all with Royal Caribbean.

I'm sorry it isn't working out for you. If you have your original onboard confirmation, perhaps you could email it to everyone as an attachment? It may not help.

Edited by Coralc

Just an FYI, but Open Bookings have been discontinued.

You were given incorrect information on the OBC and you should have called C&A immediately upon your return home to let them know that their agents are misrepresenting the new Booking Program.

I booked a cruise while on a cruise in June on Liberty and had no problem applying the OBC to the newly booked cruise.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could no longer put a deposit on a future cruise and decide later on the specific sailing. $25 OBC wasn't much to worry about anyway.

Your grands just keep getting cuter! Can't wait to see the next photo.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could no longer put a deposit on a future cruise and decide later on the specific sailing. $25 OBC wasn't much to worry about anyway.

Your grands just keep getting cuter! Can't wait to see the next photo.

You're welcome and thanks so much for the nice comments about the grands.

Their pricing is so whacky now that it is difficult to tell what the actual price of the cruise is...let alone putting in additional middlemen like a wholesaler and a TA.

We were able to keep our deposit money for one transfer, for an exchange from a cruise on Freedom this September to one on Liberty next September. We were also allowed to keep some promotional OBC thing that we were booked under including one BOGHO to another. But that was all with Royal Caribbean.

I'm sorry it isn't working out for you. If you have your original onboard confirmation, perhaps you could email it to everyone as an attachment? It may not help.

Thanks. Will give it a go.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I have a copy of the invoice from my booking on Radiance and made my TA fully aware of the terms, he arranged the transfer with Royal here in the UK with no problems, beyond that I can't comment. I think you need to speak to the C&A people and enlist their help, failing that escalate the matter higher up the food chain.

Thanks. I seem to be going around in circles and dont seem to be getting anywhere. Any suggestions of an email address to escalate this to? All the Australian email addresses have generic auto responses and no one replies.

Thanks. I seem to be going around in circles and dont seem to be getting anywhere. Any suggestions of an email address to escalate this to? All the Australian email addresses have generic auto responses and no one replies.

You could try the CEO's email in this thread, although Mr Bayley has moved on, or try similar format but with the current CEOs name in place of Bayleys.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2185845&page=2

HTH.