I've HAD IT with Royal Caribbean!!!

Eve

I should have clarified. I am in a suite.

You are a Diamond member and didnt know about the luggage tags? Only suites and Pinnacle members get luggage tags mailed out for free now. But thanks for letting me know you can buy them for 5.00. I think I will go ahead and order mine now as I like the old luggage tags better than the ones you have to print out now. Plus it was exciting getting them in the mail :)

I have no idea what they heck is going on at RCCL lately, but I've HAD IT. First of all, their website is in complete shambles. I've logged on to find that my PAID FOR reservation is not showing up. I log off and log back on again, and voila, there it is. Dinner reservations that I've made and paid for are gone. Only to reappear sometimes--not all the time. Forget shore excursions. I can't even log into the program to reserve those.

Dynamic Dining? They can keep it. I want to enjoy my vacation, not schedule every minute of it.

Reserving at a speciality restaurant? The reservation says "$0" for Sabor. Great. Only after reading these boards do I find out that I'll have to pay when I get onboard. OK. That's fine. But could you please TELL me that on the reservation page so I can plan accordingly??

But today was the last straw. I called RCCL to request luggage tags. The agent told me that effective March 1, 2010 there is a $5 fee for luggage tags because everything is online now and I should print my own. I have cruised RCCL since 2010. NOT ONCE have I been charged for luggage tags.

I'm done. If this cruise wasn't non-refundable at this point, I'd cancel. Royal needs to get their act together FAST if they want to retain their client base. I'm a Diamond member, not new to cruising. I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

If you haven't cruised in a few years, I think you're going to find that much has changed in the mass-market cruise business, not just with RCI but across the board. There are MANY things that are no longer part of a cruise vacation that were standard in 2000 when I took my first cruise. Some of the formerly standard things are now reserved for suites and high loyalty status cruisers, and some have disappeared completely.

I know everybody has their breaking point, but your post seems like a bit of an over-reaction to luggage tags. Of the five lines I've cruised with, Celebrity is the only one that still sends adhesive luggage tags to everyone. Royal Caribbean sends them free of charge for suites and Pinnacle members. I had to print my own on Carnival and HAL, even though I was in a suite.

My best advice is to try to ignore the hideous web site and embrace the unique experiences available only on an Oasis class ship. In my experience and opinion, the on-board experience greatly exceeds the shore-side experience. I thought we'd never sail on a ship as large as the Oasis, and we would have missed out on a great time if we hadn't kept an open mind.

My dream is to see one of these forum bullies[and yes, we have them here] on my roll call. One time I'd go to the meet and mingle. Meet the little charmers that hide behind a screen!!:)

That's why I'm incognito on some sailings and roll calls-I just lurk and read!!:cool:

One time I was on Fort Lauderdale beach taking pictures of ships leave on a Saturday. A bunch of people scheduled to sail on Allure the next day were there and they were screaming at a Carnival ship "Have fun you white trash! You picked the wrong ship. Maybe you should save up for Royal Caribbean. Hope you don't sink!"

Then I see their Allure review posted here. Since that time two years ago I've actually seen the same person post multiple reviews. Well, I know what type of people they really are and have no respect for them.

If you do not care, why did you feel the need to contribute?

I often find myself wondering the exact same thing... It seems to be a phenomenon on CC. I can't really understand the thought process: I don't care about this thread, therefore I will go post and complain that anybody else cares about this thread, which in turn bumps up a thread I didn't care about first place! lol

One time I was on Fort Lauderdale beach taking pictures of ships leave on a Saturday. A bunch of people scheduled to sail on Allure the next day were there and they were screaming at a Carnival ship "Have fun you white trash! You picked the wrong ship. Maybe you should save up for Royal Caribbean. Hope you don't sink!"

Then I see their Allure review posted here. Since that time two years ago I've actually seen the same person post multiple reviews. Well, I know what type of people they really are and have no respect for them.

Wow! That's really horrible. Some people really need to get a life.

I have to say, I've had excellent luck with the CC members I've met over the years... *knocks on wood* At least with the relative anonymity of the roll call threads if a thread takes as turn I don't like, I can always just decline to participate or attend the M&M that particular cruise. So far I have not had to make that choice.

My dream is to see one of these forum bullies[and yes, we have them here] on my roll call. One time I'd go to the meet and mingle. Meet the little charmers that hide behind a screen!!:)

That's why I'm incognito on some sailings and roll calls-I just lurk and read!!:cool:

And what would you do?

And what would you do?

I didn't say I'd do anything. I said like to meet them. What would transpire from then, remains to be seen!! :D

Seriously, if an internet bully had the same attitude face to face, most would not tolerate it at all and many would call them on a rotten attitude. Most just hide behind a computer anyways.

Edited by Debde

Ha, sailed with three all at the same time. One had the personality of a wet noodle, one ended up being just fine and the third was even more obnoxious in person. :D

Exactly! Probably would go save some seats in the theater and then complain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I don't go the the shows anymore. I'm putting towels out by the pool while your watching the show at night as I like to get a head start on things!! :D:p

Nah, I don't go the the shows anymore. I'm putting towels out by the pool while your watching the show at night as I like to get a head start on things!! :D:p

I don't watch the show. I count how many times the big hair screams "ovah heah, Hun" while waving her slightly bulbous arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for the typo. It should have read $35, not $5.

Thank you to all the posters who realized this was not about luggage tags, but rather was about a series of small things adding up to mounting frustration. I appreciate your understanding.

Thank you to all the posters who realized this was not about luggage tags, but rather was about a series of small things adding up to mounting frustration. I appreciate your understanding.

I saw where you mentioned you're in a suite. If it's a GS or above, you were given bad information. You should be able to request your luggage tags (for no charge!:))on-line the same time your e-docs are ready.

Edited by Cindy

Oh come on give us a hint who it is :D

The OP stated they were done in post 1 and have not been back. Who cares, they don't so why bother, what a waste of 6 pages:rolleyes:

Apparently you care or I doubt you would waste your time reading and commenting.

I've said some things that some of the more sensitive folks get their feelings hurt over on occasion, but really it's more about not coddling whiners than any desire to bully someone. Being mean for the sake of hurting someone's feelings is wrong. Not agreeing with someone isn't bullying.

There's this weird line where people think if you don't chime in with some "You're the smartest person ever to walk the planet!" or "WOW! What a unique and awesome comment!" or even "YOU GO GIRL/BOY! You are absolutely correct and I'm here to provide you with the affirmation that you crave in your life!" comments that you are bullying them.

The point of a forum isn't to have 1,000 people agree with you, it's to allow for discussion.

If there is a forum bully problem, there is an equal and opposite forum white knight problem.

You are 100% allowed to not agree with a poster AND to post a counter-comment to that effect. This is not bullying.

As a sidebar: If you have the chance to meet me in real life, you will find out that I'm absolutely the same in person as I am online, except... you know... being corporeal instead of coming through a keyboard. One and the same. I also live by a personal code try my absolute hardest to never saying anything behind someone's back that I wouldn't say to their face. I'm 99.99% successful there, I believe.

I've said some things that some of the more sensitive folks get their feelings hurt over on occasion, but really it's more about not coddling whiners than any desire to bully someone. Being mean for the sake of hurting someone's feelings is wrong. Not agreeing with someone isn't bullying.

There's this weird line where people think if you don't chime in with some "You're the smartest person ever to walk the planet!" or "WOW! What a unique and awesome comment!" or even "YOU GO GIRL/BOY! You are absolutely correct and I'm here to provide you with the affirmation that you crave in your life!" comments that you are bullying them.

The point of a forum isn't to have 1,000 people agree with you, it's to allow for discussion.

If there is a forum bully problem, there is an equal and opposite forum white knight problem.

You are 100% allowed to not agree with a poster AND to post a counter-comment to that effect. This is not bullying.

As a sidebar: If you have the chance to meet me in real life, you will find out that I'm absolutely the same in person as I am online, except... you know... being corporeal instead of coming through a keyboard. One and the same. I also live by a personal code try my absolute hardest to never saying anything behind someone's back that I wouldn't say to their face. I'm 99.99% successful there, I believe.

And would you agree that there are ways to disagree with someone and not coddle the whiners without coming across as mean or a bully? It's all in the presentation.

Ha, sailed with three all at the same time. One had the personality of a wet noodle, one ended up being just fine and the third was even more obnoxious in person. :D

I stopped going to M&M for some of the same reasons, but they weren't "bullies" in the threads, they were just people your spidey-sense goes off as ultra high-maintenance people who are really needy.

One woman was in the thread and you could see if from a 100 miles away. Sure enough, she actually shed tears at the M&M. She cried. There was a gift exchange and she cried because she felt the gift she gave was worth more than the gift she received. She did the "I'm good, just disappointed. Life goes on. I'll be fine, really. Really, I'll be fine everyone. It's ok. No need to worry about little ol' me. I'll be over here making a spectacle of myself, but don't look." routine and pouted in the corner.

Thankfully, I had never directly interacted with her online or in person, so I just wrote her off.

It was just hit/miss with those things. We had one lady that thought we were her BFFs and was on the cruise with us from that point on. That was awkward. We also met a couple that we still email occasionally to this day. Good and bad.

I will say the number NO people outweighed the YES people, so we just stopped going. No harm, no foul. No need to hurt anyone's feelings, we just have our own vacation. Which works for us. We have enough friends at home, we don't need to manufacture them on a cruise or anything.

And would you agree that there are ways to disagree with someone and not coddle the whiners without coming across as mean or a bully? It's all in the presentation.

I would. However, I think that for some people the second you don't agree with them and affirm them, you are the enemy.

When I've said those things, I honestly haven't felt that I was being mean in any way. I was just stating an opposing view. However, the ensuing comments showed that I was now the enemy.

That said, LMaxwell & LetsGetWet spend a lot of time getting wound up by things I say, so there is a fun level of sparring with them sometimes. Nothing insulting, just winding each other up a tiny bit for kicks.

Eve, I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy yourself. Like I said earlier in this thread, hopefully all your worries will melt away when you hear the first "bong" of your Sea Pass card, and have a drink in your hand. :);)

It was actually a fairly useful and enlightening typo, because if this thread proves anything, it's there are many on here who would pay RCI an extra $5 to send them luggage tags who would not pay RCI $35 to mail then the whole packet of documents. If I were a bean counter at RCI reading this I'd be inclined to run some numbers and see if the company could make more money by offering $5 tags as an option.

That's really pathetic. I cringe at some of the cruise line bashing I read and hear. I think most of it comes from insecure people who need to feel superior to others to justify their decisions. I guess since I sail multiple lines I'm white trash when I'm on Carnival, old and decrepit on HAL, boring on Princess, but perfect when I'm on RCI?:rolleyes: Doesn't that sound ridiculous? That's how childish it is to stereotype somebody based on their chosen cruise line.

I stopped going to M&M for some of the same reasons, but they weren't "bullies" in the threads, they were just people your spidey-sense goes off as ultra high-maintenance people who are really needy.

One woman was in the thread and you could see if from a 100 miles away. Sure enough, she actually shed tears at the M&M. She cried. There was a gift exchange and she cried because she felt the gift she gave was worth more than the gift she received. She did the "I'm good, just disappointed. Life goes on. I'll be fine, really. Really, I'll be fine everyone. It's ok. No need to worry about little ol' me. I'll be over here making a spectacle of myself, but don't look." routine and pouted in the corner.

WOW!:eek: There are no words!

We've been pretty lucky with the people we've met through Cruise Critic, and we've had fun with people from our roll calls on most of our cruises. Even the people we didn't have a lot in common with were still nice people. There have been a couple kooks along the way (and probably some people who thought WE were kooks!:p), but for the most part we've met some great people and made some friends!

Edited by Cindy