Not to be believed

BILLP1

We are booked on the Summit May 3 2015. This past Xmas we were given a gift certificate for dinner for two in a speciality restaurant. I called the Captains club today to make a reservation.

I was on hold for fifteen minutes until I got a person to talk to. I explained that I wanted to make a reservation based on an already paid gift card , I gave her the ref number and the cruise info that she needed. Back on hold for another ten minutes and she came back on and told me I would have to wait till I was on board to make a reservation or I could pay now by credit card and make my reservation. I explained that the gift card was paid for but she told me their system will only take a payment and not honor a gift that was already paid for.

Does this company need to look at their computer and reservation system ? Even she had to laugh .

Also this gift does not show up on any of our cruise documents.

That is correct. You need to present the gift certificate. Since it was not paid by you or issued to you it needs to be physically handed over. No different than any other gift certificate. Easily done on board in about 2 minutes or less.

If you really had the need to book a particular date and time, I would go ahead and book it now, pay for it, then get it credited back to you once you are on the ship and present the certificate.

We are booked on the Summit May 3 2015. This past Xmas we were given a gift certificate for dinner for two in a speciality restaurant. I called the Captains club today to make a reservation.

I was on hold for fifteen minutes until I got a person to talk to. I explained that I wanted to make a reservation based on an already paid gift card , I gave her the ref number and the cruise info that she needed. Back on hold for another ten minutes and she came back on and told me I would have to wait till I was on board to make a reservation or I could pay now by credit card and make my reservation. I explained that the gift card was paid for but she told me their system will only take a payment and not honor a gift that was already paid for.

Does this company need to look at their computer and reservation system ? Even she had to laugh .

Also this gift does not show up on any of our cruise documents.

If you have a paid gift card it has a dollar amount value. In effect it becomes an OBC for Specialty Restaurant dinner. Note: I've received specialty dining credit for several cruises and could use it as regular OBC. If you wait to book on board you might be able to get a 20% or even a 50% discount which can make the dollar amount on the card go even further. In any case I would wait to book when on board.

It was issued by Celebrity cruises and paid for on December 8 2014. As I said it does not even show up on my cruise docs and it took the operator ten minutes to find it even after I gave her the reference number. I can see me in the customer service line on day one.

I received a free dinner for two in a specialty restaurant (by letter) as a perk for signing up for the Celebrity Visa Card. The letter says you need to call the Captains Club 800-760-0654, option 2 and book your reservation at least 5 days prior to your cruise. I did that for my upcoming cruise on the Summit.

I'm just mentioning this because I figure if they can prebook this type of reservation without payment it might be worth a try for you to call the same number and talk it over with the Captains Club. If you do please post back and let us know if it worked.

I received a free dinner for two in a specialty restaurant (by letter) as a perk for signing up for the Celebrity Visa Card. The letter says you need to call the Captains Club 800-760-0654, option 2 and book your reservation at least 5 days prior to your cruise. I did that for my upcoming cruise on the Summit.

I'm just mentioning this because I figure if they can prebook this type of reservation without payment it might be worth a try for you to call the same number and talk it over with the Captains Club. If you do please post back and let us know if it worked.

I also received the specialty dining for two tied to the Celebrity VISA card. I have been following up with Celebrity since I made the reservation because it shows "pending payment" since the reservation was made more than a month ago. When I called again today - 5 days before we board - I was told that it converts to "paid" 6 days prior to sailing. So, I will see what tomorrow brings.

I also discovered that the date entered for one of the couple's we are dining with - also recipients of a certificate from Celebrity VISA B of A - was not made for the correct date. So, that is another issue to be resolved.

It was issued by Celebrity cruises and paid for on December 8 2014. As I said it does not even show up on my cruise docs and it took the operator ten minutes to find it even after I gave her the reference number. I can see me in the customer service line on day one.

Hopefully for just a few minutes though. Then off to enjoy a great cruise!

No need to stand in line at guest relations for this. They will just refer you to the restaurant anyway. Just deal with the restaurant directly.