Window Suite and Ultimate Balcony Dinner

BTwurddle

We are booked in a window suite and although we obviously will not have a balcony, does anyone know of or have experience ordering the ultimate balcony dinner in a window suite or other non-balcony cabin? Room service is always available I know any time for free but I wouldnt mind paying for a "set and served" dinner one evening without having to leave our cabin. I know the ultimate breakfast is available in any cabin level as well as many suite-only perks but particularly am wondering about the UBD. Thanks so much in advance and happy cruising to all.

There is plenty of room in the WS. Dining Services will confirm date/time and special menu requests (if any). They are geared for a default surf and turf menu. DW is gluten free and they accomodated nicely. You will get a choice of cocktails and will have each course served individually (vs all at once with room service). Photographer will come and stage photos. If dinner timing supports sunset or external view, you can, briefly, adjourn (down the hall and out the door) to the Promenade deck for a photo. Enjoy!

Thank you for posting this question. We have done several UBD's . The food and service has always been very good to excellent. We have a WS for our Alaska cruise in July and I was thinking we might want to book a UBD. I wonder what they use as your dining chairs since you won't have balcony chairs available.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that you can also order in-suite dinner directly from the MDR menu. Is that not correct?

Of course that would hardly be the same as the UBD but, on the other hand, it's already included in the price of the suite.

Yes you can have MDR food served in your WS. Also, full breakfast any morning including the day you are disembarking is a nice suite perk.

Oooh! I thought I read somewhere on Cruise Critic that Sabatini's didn't open on Disembarkation day, you had to have Room Service. Even 1 experience is FAR better than no experience at all! IMHO.

\Crochetcruise :cool:

Yes you can have MDR food served in your WS. Also, full breakfast any morning including the day you are disembarking is a nice suite perk.

Oooh! I thought I read somewhere on Cruise Critic that Sabatini's didn't open on Disembarkation day, you had to have Room Service. Even 1 experience is FAR better than no experience at all! IMHO.

Coveguy4 was referring to room service from the dining room breakfast menu, not Sabatini's.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for posting this question. We have done several UBD's . The food and service has always been very good to excellent. We have a WS for our Alaska cruise in July and I was thinking we might want to book a UBD. I wonder what they use as your dining chairs since you won't have balcony chairs available.

There are two table-height chairs in the WS, at least on Golden - one at the vanity and another at the desk. If you have more than 2 people, perhaps they will bring extras.

They will provide a table as well as the chairs.

Mike:)

We had the UBD on the Royal. It was the most wonderful meal and service of our lives!!! Spectacular! Like being King and Queeen For the rest of the week they were so nice to us. Highly recommend this. We did it on a port day at sunset. Less windy when in port.

Can you do this in an interior room?