Premium drink package ?

Better not be a limit comming.....in the past 2 years Royal has cut back their menus, raised the base prices of drinks, raised the tips, raised the drink packages......and now there is rumor that there will be a drink limit per day AND prices could be going up again as Celebrity just raised theirs?!

I will be going from a non-cruiser to a cruiser, to a non-cruiser all in 2 years if this happens!

Premium Package is $49/day/person plus 18% gratuity,

Ultimate Package is $55/day/person plus 18% gratuity.

Also, there's a myth that the types of alcohol are different between the two packages. This is not the case. There is not a 'Top Shelf' type of drink offered by the Ultimate pkg vs the Premium pkg. The difference between the two pkgs are the unlimited amount of Specialty Coffee drinks.

Thank you.

I am sailing an 6 night cruise so I pay for 7 days? Is that correct?

I'll multiply $57 x 7 or $57 x 6?

Can you please all let me know.

I am not sure I am getting the best deal doing the BOGO half off with the beverage package and wondering if I need to purchase separately.

Thank you.

Thank you.

I am sailing an 6 night cruise so I pay for 7 days? Is that correct?

I'll multiply $57 x 7 or $57 x 6?

Can you please all let me know.

I am not sure I am getting the best deal doing the BOGO half off with the beverage package and wondering if I need to purchase separately.

Thank you.

On a 6 night cruise, you pay for 6 days. The day you disembark doesn't count.

Edited by phoenix1181

Wife and I did the PDP on a two week trip around Spain and transatlantic. It worked out to the good for us each day day except one when we had an extended tour ashore. Between the fresh OJ, fancy coffee, and wine we were in good shape just adding on pre-dinner drinks, drink at the show and maybe some while dancing. You will spend more on drinks than you anticipate. Package just makes it a single planned cost rather than an Oh My God at the end.

This is exactly why I'm getting it for the Alaskan Running Cruise I'm going on this summer on the Radiance. Last year towards the end of our cruise on HAL I was really having to limit myself as I knew I had a day in Seattle left at the end of the cruise and needed to make sure I still had spending money. Those who had gotten HAL's beverage package didn't have that added stress, so I decided I would do the package this year. Definitely makes planning and budgeting easier.

On a 6 night cruise, you pay for 6 days. The day you disembark doesn't count.

Didn't work that way for us. We had a 7 night cruise on LOTS last year and had to pay for 8 days. Unfortunately the invoice was not itemised to indicate the number of days, so I had no way of challenging it once on board.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bob,

We are on Allure in August cruise planner price is $70.40 per day for Ultimate. Do you think prices have gone up again? Thanks

That sounds high, I wonder if there's some other tax being added. Is Allure sailing our of Barcelona then?

The pricing is not the same for every itinerary. I'm on a TA out of Boston next week and the premium package was $55/day. I took it all the way to credit card info, it started with $55 and never changed. Unfortunately that's $55 times 15 days = $825.

Just bought the PDP package when I booked the cruise (Navigator). Was $400 for first one and $200 for second, as they said it was part of BOGO 50% off they were running (last week). $600 bar bill for a 7 day cruise - Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought the PDP package when I booked the cruise (Navigator). Was $400 for first one and $200 for second, as they said it was part of BOGO 50% off they were running (last week). $600 bar bill for a 7 day cruise - Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey that's not bad.....considering ....enjoy! :D

We are cruising in September and we booked through a TA w/ the free Premium Bev package back in February.

When I pull up our reservation on RC.com, the beverage package is not showing - I called my TA and she assured me it is on my reservation, it is also on my statement from the TA.

Could someone let me know what I should be seeing when I log into RC.com, maybe someone could screen shot what their reservation looks like for me?

Mine Says --

Dining & Beverage:

Beverages 0 Purchase(s)

..is this where I should be seeing it??

Thanks!! :)