Beverage Package Pricing Increase

"Celebrity Cruises" please respond and let us know.

Thank You.

How many time should celebrity respond to the same question...

It all seems pretty straight forward to me!! [emoji57]

One issue I have not seen addressed is that to upgrade pre cruise all passengers in a cabin must upgrade. If you upgrade on board you can do it for only those who want it and you can do it at any time.

This is false information that I wish people would stop spreading.

What irks me is that I am leaving on the Equinox on Monday, and it is too late to upgrade before sailing (the booking has closed).

Had I known this sooner, I would have upgraded before I was blocked out. The fair thing would be to allow those of us with pre purchased beverage packages to upgrade at the old price.

This will not ruin my vacation by any means; however, I do believe that ample notice of a price change should have been given. With all of the added fees, etc. that seem to be rampant on other lines, I guess I should not be surprised.

Happy sailing!!

You can only use OBC on board (hence its name!). Hopefully you can still do the transaction on board at the original difference price.

Celebrity are awful at keeping "branch offices" up to date so don't be too hard on the UK office - though yes, be hard on Miami

Yes hopefully that will be the case. The poor girl at Celebrity was bamboozled it's a shame they didn't inform them before it got out on facebook and cruise forum I know what it's like when you get phone calls and you don't have the answer or know what's going on. She did say Miami prob to blame.

Husband just phoned Celebrity UK who claim to know nothing about this increase. He also enquired about upgrading from our classic package, which was included, to premium and use our onboard credit to cover difference and was told they can't do that. A bit miffed if they are doing this and Uk office have no knowledge.

If he was trying to use his onboard credit to upgrade prior to boarding then he would have been told no regardless of his location. Celebrity doesn't let you charge anything against your onboard credit until you're actually onboard. :)

I would just like them to respond with the correct information which they said they were looking into and haven't returned yet.

I am currently on-board the Equinox. I asked the F&B manager about this and he knew nothing. He said that Celebrity had been thinking about raising the prices but nothing was official yet.

Maybe it was an APRIL FOOLS !!!

"Celebrity Cruises" please respond and let us know.

Also what the price cap increase will be for the Classic and Premium packages.

Thank You.

How many times should celebrity respond to the same question....

It's quite a clear post to be honest! [emoji57]

See Post 36 :rolleyes: And being Canadian that answer is huge. If I just call in the upgrade I'm looking at an increase of 20% on the exchange. I would like the true answer and not a guess.

Edited by Cruise Junky

I am waiting for the Celebrity OP to change the title of this post to "April Fools". I generally don't believe anything that is said to me on this day. I will wait for another "Press Release" , until then I call B.S.

Unfortunately, Celebrity Cruises has already said it's not an April Fool's joke in post 12. If it was a joke, it certainly inspired a lively discussion!

Sorry, not a joke. Wanted to get this information out as fast as we received it.
Edited by CruisinCrow

No, it isn't clear, as evidenced by the ongoing conversation here and, if I'm not mistaken, the Celebrity spokesman who initiated this did say he/she was coming back to clarify.

The question that's muddying the waters is whether it's $16 or a $10 per day increase over the Classic package to the Premium.

In my mind, it remains a $10 increase if done onboard because you're upgrading from one package to another - and there's a $10 difference between those packages.

Others believe it's an increase of the cost of the Classic package when purchased (or given as part of a booking perk) against the actual cost if used to upgrade to Premium package onboard, which would make it a $16 difference.

Edited by CanadianDee

See Post 36 :rolleyes: And being Canadian that answer is huge. If I just call in the upgrade I'm looking at an increase of 20% on the exchange. I would like the true answer and not a guess.

I though Celebrity cruiser answer the question , if you do not book the upgrade before the date of the increase , you pay $16 a day simple :p

Prices go up :rolleyes:

I wonder if they need to move friend to Bill to the theatre, it is only booze

1st world problem LOL

I bet the 1%ers will not even noticed ;)

I will be on the Silhouette on April 12.... And I have the classic drink package

What I'm hoping you can answer for me, Celebrity, is the cost of the drinks, eg. A Mojito. Will this drink still be covered on the Classic Drink Package. Could you give me a list of the basic drinks that are covered under the Classic Package.

Thanks

Mojito, cosmos, gin and tonic/vodka tonic, etc. will all be covered unless you ask for a liquor that is on the premium list.

I though Celebrity cruiser answer the question , if you do not book the upgrade before the date of the increase , you pay $16 a day simple :p

Prices go up :rolleyes:

I wonder if they need to move friend to Bill to the theatre, it is only booze

1st world problem LOL

I bet the 1%ers will not even noticed ;)

No, they were going to double check the increase price - see post 36 but hey, thanks for the accusation of being an alcoholic :rolleyes:

Classic Package

Classic Package

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 59.29 CAD Per NIGHT

Premium Package

Premium Package

Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails from the Molecular Bar. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. *Starting from: 71.39 CAD Per NIGHT

The prices are UP!!!!! It is on the Celebrity page

So if its 16 instead of 10 to upgrade with the package given as perk is it going to be the price increase extra just to get the basic package that was a perk? It should be 10 to upgrade either before or after increase if you had standard as a perk but how would they no if you purchase standard not as perk and upgrade onboard for the 10 instead of 16. Maybe what they need to do is make it 10 to upgrade if you have free standard package but it has to be done before cruise so they no you have package as perk or else 16 on board.

Hi all,

We'll double check on the "upgrade" prices.

Please see the above posting from Celebrity Cruises. We are waiting for the update. I don't believe the info we've received so far is 'pretty straight forward' and people are simply looking to have a clarification.

I've only been posting what I see directly from the Celebrity site for my cruises

Classic package Prices Starting From 49.00 USD*

Premium package Prices Starting From 69.62 USD*

* All prices are per person

An 18% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.

Can one of you fine folks tell me how I go about upgrading my promo classic package to the premium? If I select the premium package online, will it automatically deduct the difference or do I pay in full and get the difference back as OBC? Or am I better off calling to do the upgrade?

As you can see from my signature, I haven't been on X since 1991, when Meridian was still sailing.

Edited by OHCruisin

Can one of you fine folks tell me how I go about upgrading my promo classic package to the premium? If I select the premium package online, will it automatically deduct the difference or do I pay in full and get the difference back as OBC? Or am I better off calling to do the upgrade?

As you can see from my signature, I haven't been on X since 1991, when Meridian was still sailing.

Call, definitely call.

When I booked our SA around the Horn cruise back in June for 2016, the 123 Promo was in affect and we took the Gratuities and Classic Bev package. At the time, I printed a copy of what was covered under the Classic and was very satisfied to see almost all of my favorites on there. I printed a copy from the Celebrity website and just pulled it out to compare. It is dated 5-28-2014. Now I look at the Classic, and I see most of my favorites, Bombay Sapphire, etc. are only covered by the Premium package. I had no intentions of sitting around on a once in a lifetime SA cruise and getting my money's worth out of the Beverage package offered to us, but I also sure didn't expect to see an offer I decided to take advantage of stripped of a lot of its advantages. There is a good chance I may have weighed the benefits of choosing one of the other offers if the same package selections were offered today. Very poor move Celebrity....very poor.

Does anyone suspect that I have any recourse other than paying an upgrade charge to have my preferred selections available?

Hi all,

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

I'm hear to tell you, that, as I mentioned in my previous post, these packages have changed since 5-2014. Who is to say they won't change again?

Yes Aytonlady that was what we were going to do ie use onboard credit to upgrade drinks package but will upgrade before we go and use onboard credit on something else (ie hair, shops etc lol)

Edited by 790294

I'm hear to tell you, that, as I mentioned in my previous post, these packages have changed since 5-2014. Who is to say they won't change again?

That change happened quite some time ago (just a few months after the May 2014 post). All you had to do to see the change was look at the Celebrity website for the official list of inclusions in the Classic and Premium packages.

And no one can tell you they won't change again, since the Celebrity website has disclaimers that almost everything is subject to change.

All you can do is hope it doesn't change before your sailing.

Just talked with the CC for the second time and it was confirmed that even though booked with the classic package, you must upgrade before April 20th or you will pay the $16+ difference before you cruise or when you are on board.

Doesn't seem right, but at least they are giving you a chance.:mad:

Next question --What about the cruisers who are not on Cruise Critic? Will they be notified in time by Celebrity or their TA's?

I've seen nothing yet.

Edited by gsb