Beverage Package Pricing Increase

The bottom line is that if anyone was booked BEFORE the increase, and they already have (whether paid for OR as a comp) a beverage package, the old beverage package prices to upgrade should be honored.

Anyone booking a new cruise AFTER the increase should expect to pay the new price, since they will know of the new prices before they purchase their cruise.

It seems to be a Celebrity thing to get 5 different answers from 5 different people when you call for information.

Question: If you upgrade to the Premium package, and then cancel your cruise, do you get the upgrade fee back?? Or does Celebrity keep those funds??

Yes, the cost to upgrade would be refunded just as shore excursions, speciality restaurants are refunded.

Just a point of clarification.... Price caps in the classic package were increased, but not so for the premium package.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I believe that Celebrity included the $10 upgrade option in some of their advertising...and perhaps in their information to travel agents. the issue isn't the price of the classic package. The issue is that if they advertised that you could upgrade for $10, then they have to hold to that, irrespective of the prices.

It's really similar to the classic drink changes where celebrity advertised the brand name of the spirits in the package....and then cut most of them out of the package after selling the package. I don't believe those ads said that anything can change at any time....nor did the 1-2-3 ads, as far as I can recall.

Irrespective of the ads or prices or legality, it's a bit "shady", IMHO, to change the upgrade price the day after the promotion ends. That's just poor or perhaps I should say insensitive management...and it doesn't appear to be very good customer relationship building, but I guess that's not a management objective at least at this time.

We all await celebrity cruises update...

Good point.

I thought that the small print on some of the 123 packages clearly stated that you could upgrade to the premium package for $10 per day plus gratuities.

Good point.

I thought that the small print on some of the 123 packages clearly stated that you could upgrade to the premium package for $10 per day plus gratuities.

You're right - I've taken this from the small print of one of their promos that I kept.

"Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises."

Hmmm....

So what happened to the Celebrity rep who promised to return with clarified information? Perhaps he/she cannot get a reliable answer from Celebrity as well????

He/She probably got fired for letting the cat out of the bag and causing an uproar on Cruise Critic.

He/She probably got fired for letting the cat out of the bag and causing an uproar on Cruise Critic.

I'm not debating the "cat out of the bag" part, but to be fair it seems like it doesn't take that much to cause an uproar on Cruise Critic ;)

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6' date=' 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard.

Didn't he list ALL!?!?!? :cool:

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

This has to be the best April Fool's Joke on CC.

HAHA Celebrity you got us good! :rolleyes:

So what happened to the Celebrity rep who promised to return with clarified information? Perhaps he/she cannot get a reliable answer from Celebrity as well????

I imagine X's legal guys are looking at it....

You got misinformation. The correct information which I just got from Captain's Club who got it from Resolutions is this:

If your classic is already in your booking it is worth $49. If you upgrade to premium after April 20, you will pay $16 plus 18% gratuity because the premium will be $65 and they will charge you the difference between $49 and $65.

My suggestion is to wait until April 19 before we pay $10 to upgrade as I hope Celebrity will do the right thing and accept that if, after April 20 the classic costs $55 and the premium costs $65, there is a $10 difference - no matter when you upgrade and no matter when you receive the classic.

The only problem is that I called Captains Club and the woman I spoke to had no idea how it would be handled, and asked that I call back on Monday. The 6th. :rolleyes: More and more, X shoreside operations are becoming a terrible joke of poor customer relations.:mad:

The only problem is that I called Captains Club and the woman I spoke to had no idea how it would be handled, and asked that I call back on Monday. The 6th. :rolleyes: More and more, X shoreside operations are becoming a terrible joke of poor customer relations.:mad:

Yet others have reported talking to the Captains Club and being told it will be $16+ to upgrade on board or after 4/20 if prepurchasing the upgrade.

I booked the an April Summit cruise (April 11th) with a TA. How do I upgrade the Classic beverage package online "pre-cruise"?

cle-guy. If booked with a TA, can one upgrade on-line? I was given the impression that any upgrade has to be done via that same TA.

cle-guy. If booked with a TA, can one upgrade on-line? I was given the impression that any upgrade has to be done via that same TA.

You should be able to phone Celebrity directly. Upgrading your drink package does not require your TA to do it. I'm not aware of it being able to be done online.

Edited by Cruise Junky

It is still not answered definitively by Celebrity for those on "perk classic included" , exactly what an upgrade to Premium will cost.. . If by getting the free Classic, it is deemed to have cost $49 and the new cost for Premium is $65, then we will all have to pay $16 per day to upgrade. If however, by virtue of getting it as a perk, for those sailing after the increase date, it is deemed as a freebie without a specified value, then we should be able to upgrade at $10 per day (have left off the 18% all around to simplify things. It is fine saying that folks can upgrade prior to increase date for $10 but most cruisers do not have the benefit of reading about these things as we do on CC, so those will be in for a shock if they board and then upgrade and find out it costs $16 and not $10 as expected. April 5 is just around the corner, I do not see us getting confirmation either way (as to if its $10 or $16) by that date. My TA will be closed until after 5th anyway due to Easter so there is no way that I could upgrade prior to 5th if I wanted to.

I got mixed up, looks like I can upgrade up until April 20th (April 5th).

With 33 days booked it would have cost us $10 x 2 people x 33 + 18% = $780.

.. If it does turn out to be $16 per day, the upgrades will cost $1246.

Extra $466.00

Hopefully we will soon have clarification on how the upgrade is calculated for people with existing bookings.

It's easier for some than others. We have 56 days of Celebrity cruising booked for 2016/2017....that's about $1200 that I have to pay now to guarantee the $10 upgrade rather than just waiting and using our OBC's to pay for the upgrades.....

I sympathise, DH and I have 59 days so if the $6 add on is true (I will wait few days for further clarification) I have to pay $1390 before 4/19 or accept an add on of $835. I will certainly buy now if there is any doubt about what we pay later. In fact given the doubt about the results of our upcoming May elections I will probably pay all I can in $$ prior to May 5 as the wrong result here will play havoc with exchange rates. 2 of the 4 cruises I have booked are with a US TA so total final price is paid in $$ and the exchange rate since I booked has already gone from $1.69=£1 to $1.45=£1. Even with this difference in rates price is still better than Celebrity UK for these cruises

Edited by Killington

I personally hope it was a joke and X doesn't increase the package prices.

X has THE BEST beverage package out of all the cruise lines.

Hey there Nauti! How are things over in 'floatway'? (don't get there very much anymore :(). Do you have another X cruise coming up soon? Take a look at Mardi Gras (Equinox) 2017 . Granted, prices are high and pickings (cabin-wise) are slim, right now -- but, that could change in the next 23 months.:cool: Promises to be quite the party, though (r/c already up to over 135 pages!:eek:)

Sorry for going OT....:o

Edited by wwcruisers

Hey there Nauti! How are things over in 'floatway'? (don't get there very much anymore ). Do you have another X cruise coming up soon? Take a look at Mardi Gras (Equinox) 2017 . Granted, prices are high and pickings (cabin-wise) are slim, right now -- but, that could change in the next 23 months. Promises to be quite the party, though (r/c already up to over 135 pages!)

Sorry for going OT....

Hey there wwcruisers

Long time no see :(

Hope all is well.

I will have a look at the cruise you mentioned.

Think several friends are going on that one....

It will be quite a cruise. :eek::p

We have a two cruises booked with Celebrity. One is coming up next week. The 2nd cruise is booked for August. We currently have a Classic Beverage package through Celebrity's 1-2-3 promo for both cruises. I called Celebrity today to inquire as to upgrading and paying the additional for that package to premium now to avoid the increase. No problem upgrading now for our cruise next week. However, I was told that for our August cruise the new prices would apply, even though I have the Classic package booked now and want to pay for the upgrade now.

I am hoping someone at Celebrity will please explain why I can't upgrade our August package now to avoid the increase.

Thank you!

Edited by nyfeds

We have a two cruises booked with Celebrity. One is coming up next week. The 2nd cruise is booked for August. We currently have a Classic Beverage package through Celebrity's 1-2-3 promo for both cruises. I called Celebrity today to inquire as to upgrading and paying the additional for that package to premium now to avoid the increase. No problem upgrading now for our cruise next week. However, I was told that for our August cruise the new prices would apply, even though I have the Classic package booked now and want to pay for the upgrade now.

I am hoping someone at Celebrity will please explain why I can't upgrade our August package now to avoid the increase.

Thank you!

Call back again, I talked to someone at the Captains Club and I did 4 different ones. The last two were for 2017.