Beverage Package Pricing Increase

Hi all,

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

Thank you for posting this information. My only fear is that the ships might not get the proper information and we as customers have to waste our precious vacation time at Guest Relations to sort it out.

I'm printing your post to take on my next cruise as I have the Classic from the Spring promo.

Thank you for posting this information. My only fear is that the ships might not get the proper information and we as customers have to waste our precious vacation time at Guest Relations to sort it out.

I'm printing your post to take on my next cruise as I have the Classic from the Spring promo.

You should be ok as it was never actually implemented. But never hurts to have a copy ;)

This is great news! I am going to take a screen shot of the post for my records. Who knows what could happen between now and my 2017 cruise!

Only one problem--When you talk with Celebrity, they say they don't recognize this poster, and don't know who it is. And that it's not officially from Celebrity.:cool:

Thank you, Celebrity Cruises, for the latest post. A reasonable response.

I upgraded my bev package to premium for my three upcoming cruises when I booked them nine months ago. I love the premium package and paid full price on my first Celebrity cruise to Hawaii. Just needed to upgrade on all of the others, but worth it for my needs. :)

It was never free. Celebrity's prices have increased substantially since they have been including drink packages. I hope no one thinks these packages have been free--we have certainly all been paying for them.

That is why I put the "free" in quotes. I realize they increased the fares. However, if you booked the increased fare,you did agree with the fare, or you would not have booked, right? The fare included the package; it still includes the package, & at an increased price for the stand alone package, you saved even more money.

How funny... Even though celebrity have confirmed what's happening there are still people asking for the confirmation to be confirmed... [emoji23]

And the "free" package that they were given isn't "free" anymore.:rolleyes:

It's like "are you sure, are you really sure, are you really, really sure, you you 110% sure?"

I feel the same way - call me cynical, but I am expecting some serious 'debates' going on with Guest Relations. I too have printed out the message but I just have a feeling it is going to be a long and annoying battle.

And as to the price increases? Why are Celebrity prices for everything (it seems) going up, up, up much more than inflation? If they are trying to position themselves as a premium line, there is more to being a premium line than raising prices to make people think they are getting a better product. It's fine that they added all kinds of nice perks for suites, and raised prices accordingly. But I am not seeing any nice additions for the other 80% (est) of the ship for whom prices seem to be skyrocketing right and left (especially considering the lack of current promos). If anything, many of the little niceties are going away (along with some of what I consider essentials, like more live music). Do they think we are stupid?? Do they want to float this stuff to try to see just how stupid we are - will people book anyway??

I know companies are in business to make money - I understand that and so does every poster on these boards. But there comes a time when people start to feel taken advantage of and I fear that time is here with Celebrity. I have deposits on three upcoming cruises which I will likely keep as they had the perks and the cost differential when considering the pricing was acceptable, if reaching the top of my limit. If things don't change I fear my 20+ years as a very loyal Celebrity cruiser may be coming to an end.:(

I know companies are in business to make money - I understand that and so does every poster on these boards. But there comes a time when people start to feel taken advantage of and I fear that time is here with Celebrity. I have deposits on three upcoming cruises which I will likely keep as they had the perks and the cost differential when considering the pricing was acceptable, if reaching the top of my limit. If things don't change I fear my 20+ years as a very loyal Celebrity cruiser may be coming to an end.:(

You and I align more often than not. That said,

Go sail one of the others for a $100 or two less, we did, the Ruby Princess in 2012. Was it horrid? No. But different enough to make us gladly pay the $100 or two more for the overall better ( IMHO & experience ) product delivered on ship by the staff and crew of Celebrity.

EW

ps: that 2012 cruise cost more than our 2013 sailing on the Reflection.

Edited by wallie5446

I feel the same way - call me cynical, but I am expecting some serious 'debates' going on with Guest Relations. I too have printed out the message but I just have a feeling it is going to be a long and annoying battle.

And as to the price increases? Why are Celebrity prices for everything (it seems) going up, up, up much more than inflation? If they are trying to position themselves as a premium line, there is more to being a premium line than raising prices to make people think they are getting a better product. It's fine that they added all kinds of nice perks for suites, and raised prices accordingly. But I am not seeing any nice additions for the other 80% (est) of the ship for whom prices seem to be skyrocketing right and left (especially considering the lack of current promos). If anything, many of the little niceties are going away (along with some of what I consider essentials, like more live music). Do they think we are stupid?? Do they want to float this stuff to try to see just how stupid we are - will people book anyway??

You and I align more often than not. That said,

Go sail one of the others for a $100 or two less, we did, the Ruby Princess in 2012. Was it horrid? No. But different enough to make us gladly pay the $100 or two more for the overall better ( IMHO & experience ) product delivered on ship by the staff and crew of Celebrity.

EW

ps: that 2012 cruise cost more than our 2013 sailing on the Reflection.

Wallie

You and I usually agree also but I disagree with you on this one.

I think you just had an off cruise on the Ruby, much as our 2014 Eclipse cruise was off for Celebrity. If it had been our first Celebrity cruise it would also have been our last.

We've been on 38 Princess cruises, the last one in December.

Service has almost always been fabulous and in December we noticed much MORE live music than in the past, many, many shipboard activities by their large activities staff and many more NEW nice little touches.

It's usually more expensive for us to cruise Celebrity but we (so far) like having both lines to go back and forth between for different amenities and itineraries.

Only one problem--When you talk with Celebrity, they say they don't recognize this poster, and don't know who it is. And that it's not officially from Celebrity.:cool:

You would think that X would announce the increase first on their News web page, or even send out an email announcement.

Strange that they decided to announce here on CC.

Doesn't make sense. Especially when there are millions of cruisers who probably haven't joined CC.

Wallie

I think you just had an off cruise on the Ruby, much as our 2014 Eclipse cruise was off for Celebrity. If it had been our first Celebrity cruise it would also have been our last.

Service has almost always been fabulous and in December we noticed much MORE live music than in the past, many, many shipboard activities by their large activities staff and many more NEW nice little touches.

It's usually more expensive for us to cruise Celebrity but we (so far) like having both lines to go back and forth between for different amenities and itineraries.

Yes we most certainly do Karen!:D

You have sailed another line, and have first hand experience. The recommendation come no stronger. But my thought on all the different boards are when someone post, " If things don't change I fear my 20+ years as a very loyal _( fill in the blank )_________ cruiser may be coming to an end" OK, I get it, go and try one and let us know how it was.:)

Edited by wallie5446

cruiserke;46129176']If you board the ship with a classic package' date=' purchased or given as part of a promo, your card will be encoded with the code for the classic package. If I go to a bar and ask to upgrade to premium, how on earth would that server know when I received, or purchased, the original package, so whether to charge $10 or $16 for the upgrade?

I doubt whether their bar till system allows them see that kind of information, or that the server would be inclined to complicate his job and risk aggravating his customers by charging some $10 per diem upgrade, and others $16.[/quote']

This is from a much earlier post I keep coming back to. (#69).

I don't see a problem upgrading on the phone, pre-cruise, at the correct upgrade price as your booking will show whether you received the classic package as a perk or purchased it.

But once on board, how would the server ever know? Perhaps we will all have to upgrade at Guest Relations where they might have access to that information?

You would think that X would announce the increase first on their News web page' date=' or even send out an email announcement.

Doesn't make sense. Especially when there are millions of cruisers who probably haven't joined CC.[/quote']

Celebrity has had a presence on CC for at least a couple of years now. They also posted here about the increase in tips from 15% to 18%, They have been active on the boards...nothing new for them. I am very glad they take a roll in the boards and read them.

BILL

This is from a much earlier post I keep coming back to. (#69).

I don't see a problem upgrading on the phone, pre-cruise, at the correct upgrade price as your booking will show whether you received the classic package as a perk or purchased it.

But once on board, how would the server ever know? Perhaps we will all have to upgrade at Guest Relations where they might have access to that information?

Your card will have a designation that will show purchased or given as a perk on it.

Celebrity has had a presence on CC for at least a couple of years now. They also posted here about the increase in tips from 15% to 18%, They have been active on the boards...nothing new for them. I am very glad they take a roll in the boards and read them.

BILL

Bill, you and Rosie need to spend Thanksgiving on the Equinox with us this year!

Tho we have never sailed together, from all the same CC folks we know, it feels like we have!

EW:D

Wallie

Nice to hear Princess is improving. We were on the Diamond and the Crown (5-6 years ago. The food, service and entertainment was very poor and we made up our minds not to return. May have to take another look thanks to your post.

You would think that X would announce the increase first on their News web page' date=' or even send out an email announcement.

Doesn't make sense. Especially when there are millions of cruisers who probably haven't joined CC.[/quote']

I think it proved to be a pretty good sounding board for them. Kind of a proof of concept to see how it was accepted. :)

Yes we most certainly do Karen!:D

You have sailed another line, and have first hand experience. The recommendation come no stronger. But my thought on all the different boards are when someone post, " If things don't change I fear my 20+ years as a very loyal _( fill in the blank )_________ cruiser may be coming to an end" OK, I get it, go and try one and let us know how it was.:)

Wallie, you do raise a point. It would be very hard to go to another cruise line and I am not sure I would be happy with what I got for the money there either. But I am thinking if something doesn't change I will have to go see for myself. That is not a decision I would have even considered in years and years, having tried a number of other lines in my early days of cruising. It just seems like an avalanche of changes recently, many relating to price increases far exceeding inflation with nothing added to sweeten the blow, coupled with many small and not so small touches going away. I seriously do feel my days sailing Celebrity are coming to a turning point. I guess we will need to see.

Bill, you and Rosie need to spend Thanksgiving on the Equinox with us this year!

Tho we have never sailed together, from all the same CC folks we know, it feels like we have!

EW:D

Sorry, that is one time a year that we do not cruise. Family time!:):)

We have many cruises booked, perhaps our paths will cross. Check my profile to see what we have when.

BILL

Hi all,

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

Okay, good, crisis over. Quick, someone stir up another one to keep us occupied while we all wait for our next cruise :p

Just kidding, I'm happy with this answer!

We have just become elite after our last cruise but to be honest I think we will still buy the drinks package on transatlantic cruises for the freedom of it to drink where we want and not have to go to a dedicated lounge to enjoy the perk!

Saying that they do tend to give out vouchers to be used around the ship on transatlantics but we prefer the molecular/martini bar options so think increase or no increase the premium package is the way to continue!! [emoji483][emoji483][emoji483][emoji39]

well good, you can pass me your free drinks then. ;) :D

Easier for you to swallow this increase with your strong pound, it's brutal for us Canadians. A molecular (or whatever it'll be called by then) will be over $18 for me with tip, you can be sure I won't be having more than one a day.

I'll go back to pay-as-you-go, probably bring on water and live without lattes and pool drinks. Some nights will be quieter, that's all.