Drink Package Questions (Several Threads Merged)

photomikey

Help me out here. I went to Celebrity beverage listings and printed the 2 beverage packages and then sat down and compared. I checked the beer, gin, brandy, etc. and can find few differences. We sometimes have a beer at lunch, but since there are no German beer choices on either list, what's wrong with Carona or Heinekins? I drink Jack Daniels and it is there also Jim Beam. Rudy likes gin martini's but he also likes gin and tonic. I can't see the need to spend the extra money on drinks. I am certain we won't be able to buy our favorite wine with our package but we will have discount coupons to use in BLU at dinner. I would rather use my money to buy diamonds!!!!!

Why would one upgrade? There must be something I don't understand.

Grace

I enjoy trying out speciality wines by the glass that I would not pay in the $$$$ to buy by the bottle. The Martinis in the Martini bar.

I enjoy trying out speciality wines by the glass that I would not pay in the $$$$ to buy by the bottle. The Martinis in the Martini bar.

How much are martinis in the Martini bar as of late. We didn't have any as I recall at the Martini bar on our last cruise. Had martinis at Elite cocktail time.

Martini bar was very crowded each time we went by. However, it is one of our favorite spots on Celebrity. I guess we will just have to use OBC for the Martini bar.

Can one get a can of coke or soda using the premium package? I just looked on the website and it indicates fountain soda but no cans. I ask, because I'd like to take one back to the room for later.

• Fountain soda selections

Celebrity stated that on April 6 the cost of the Premium Package was going to be raised to $65. Not even a month later when I checked the price for the Premium Package on my November cruise the price is $70. That is a very quick change if it's accurate. As we all know the website is not to be trusted, but I was quite surprised at he difference in less than a month. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this change.

Once again, celebrity's crack web team has masterfully mangled reality.

If you recall, the old price for the premium package was $59 plus 15% gratuity. Celebrity then increased the gratuities to 18%....so the web team did the math for you....and decided to show that price $69.62 instead of the $59. Then they left the * after the now incorrect $69.62 and that *, of course, says gratuities will be added at checkout. Great...first they add the 18% in to the base price and then they say they are going to add another 18%..huh? So that was a mess...and it hasn't changed. Oh...the "from $70" was just rounding up the $69.62....it has nothing to do with the current price for the package. As bad as all that is, it's all wrong because the base price has gone from $59 to $65.

Net....the premium drink package prices on the web are wrong. The current price is $65 plus 18% gratuities....not $69.62 or "from $70" The classic drink package page, however, is correct...that price is $55 plus 18% gratuities. Hey, give them credit...at least they got one of the packages right....

Go back to your cruise....click on the premium drink package "from $70" box and the next page will show you the $69.62 * . I dread to think what you will pay if you actually select it and check out. I'm too much of a coward to even try.

Edited by ghstudio

How much are martinis in the Martini bar as of late. We didn't have any as I recall at the Martini bar on our last cruise. Had martinis at Elite cocktail time.

Martini bar was very crowded each time we went by. However, it is one of our favorite spots on Celebrity. I guess we will just have to use OBC for the Martini bar.

Well thats the thing. We knew they were using excellent quality spirits in a healthy slug and we never had to ask "how much". The Martini Bar was never too bad on our Med Cruise. Always got a seat.

Can one get a can of coke or soda using the premium package? I just looked on the website and it indicates fountain soda but no cans. I ask, because I'd like to take one back to the room for later.

• Fountain soda selections

Most sodas are served in cans for both classic & premium packages... Cokes, fanta, sprite etc.. We always take a couple back to the cabin! [emoji4]

At least they were on our last cruise in March this year... It also still States cans on the UK website! [emoji4]

Edited by MR_T

Help me out here. I went to Celebrity beverage listings and printed the 2 beverage packages and then sat down and compared. I checked the beer, gin, brandy, etc. and can find few differences. We sometimes have a beer at lunch, but since there are no German beer choices on either list, what's wrong with Carona or Heinekins? I drink Jack Daniels and it is there also Jim Beam. Rudy likes gin martini's but he also likes gin and tonic. I can't see the need to spend the extra money on drinks. I am certain we won't be able to buy our favorite wine with our package but we will have discount coupons to use in BLU at dinner. I would rather use my money to buy diamonds!!!!!

Grace

The upgrade costs between around $12-$16 per person... Dependant on when you booked...

Now we like at least 3/4 martinis/molecular/new world bar drinks each night and each of these drinks cost $11-$13 each so we would be mad not to upgrade... [emoji23] also you get red bull included (great for me) which is -$5 and larger bottles of water to take off the ship along with some other extras so for some people the upgrade is a great deal! [emoji16]

Also with the premium package if you want to have a glass of wine or beer that's a few extra dollars more then you only pay the extra dollars over the set Limit not the whole price like the classic package!

Does any one know about the Manhattens? Classic or Premium package?
Actually, both. It all depends upon what base liquor you would like your drink to be made with. You could use a classic level liquor such as Jack Daniels or Jim Beam or a Premium level liquor such as Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek.

Grace

If you care to drink at the Martini Bar or the New World Class Bar, you need to have the Premium package. The martinis at the Martini Bar are 13.00 and the World Class Bar drinks are 13.00 for 7 of them and 15.00 for the remaining 3. The premium package covers all drinks up to 13, so you would be covered at the Martini bar and only need to pay the 2.00 upcharge plus 0.36 gratuity for the 3 ultra premium 15.00 drinks. Also, if you like to consume craft beers or better wines, the choices are practically non existent on the classic list, so you would need to upgrade. The premium also gets you Evian and San Pellegrino water instead of generic stuff and vitamin water and Red Bull as well that are not included in the classic package.

Many people are satisfied with the classic package if they like Bacardi & Coke, Stoli & OJ, Budweiser, Coors Light or basic whites and reds. Others though like to expand their horizons while on vacation and sample new concoctions. Check out these 5 drink choices from the World Class Bar.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46421755&postcount=32

Grace

My DH is more likely to say "what's right with Corona or Heineken?" but then he's German by birth, and is used to drinking good quality Australian or Belgian beers.

We can drink simple spirits any time at home, holidays are for indulging in interesting cocktails that someone else makes.

We also prefer to drink premium wines.

There you are, three good reasons why one would upgrade. What suits you doesn't suit us. :rolleyes:

From Celebrity:

Hi all,

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00

Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00

Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00

Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00

Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00

Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

My Commentary:

The above is information posted by Celebrity on another CC Celebrity thread called "Beverage Package Pricing Increase". If you are thinking of upgrading, please check out this thread because it may be more economical to upgrade now rather than waiting until you are on the ship. Also you may want to do a "search" on Cruise Critic for a list of the beers and liquors offered in the Celebrity Classic package. The liquors offerings are o.k., but the beers are lame - even for a U.S. resident.

Hope this helps.

We received the Classic Package as a Perk with our booking and would like to upgrade to the Premium. On reading the above my understanding is that the 18% tipping is not included and we would have to pay that, is that for each drink that we order or is it factored in the complete package as it was on our Royal Caribbean cruise last September. Any help on this information would be really very much appreciated.:confused:

We received the Classic Package as a Perk with our booking and would like to upgrade to the Premium. On reading the above my understanding is that the 18% tipping is not included and we would have to pay that, is that for each drink that we order or is it factored in the complete package as it was on our Royal Caribbean cruise last September. Any help on this information would be really very much appreciated.:confused:

The tips for the classic package perk is included in the perk... If you upgrade you will pay the daily upgrade charge plus the 18% gratuity on the total cost of the upgrade... [emoji41]

Edited by MR_T

The tips for the classic package perk is included in the perk... If you upgrade you will pay the daily upgrade charge plus the 18% gratuity on the total cost of the upgrade... [emoji41]

Okay so as I understand it now as we have the Classic Package included that means the 18% gratuity is also included but if we upgrade to the Premium we pay the difference per day which is $12.90 (which I got from the Celebrity site and I assume includes the 18%), is that right?

Also on the packages it says Premium teas &Coffee but from reading the threads the Premium package includes the Specialty Coffees, is that right?:cool:

My DH is more likely to say "what's right with Corona or Heineken?" but then he's German by birth, and is used to drinking good quality Australian or Belgian beers.

We also prefer to drink premium wines.

There you are, three good reasons why one would upgrade. What suits you doesn't suit us. :rolleyes:

"Good Quality Australian .....beers" care to expand?

Not knocking the Antipodes here !. I do consume a fair proportion of your Country's production of red wine and SWMBO boosts the economy of Marlborough in NZ.

DO NOT mention the cricket:(

Okay so as I understand it now as we have the Classic Package included that means the 18% gratuity is also included but if we upgrade to the Premium we pay the difference per day which is $12.90 (which I got from the Celebrity site and I assume includes the 18%), is that right?

Also on the packages it says Premium teas &Coffee but from reading the threads the Premium package includes the Specialty Coffees, is that right?:cool:

The upgrade is $10 + 18% ie $11.80 per day. This has been confirmed by Celebrity on another thread

As gcgold has confirmed the premium package upgrade price is $10 + 18% so $11.80 per day...

As for the coffees & teas yes you're right! [emoji4]

Not knocking the Antipodes here !. I do consume a fair proportion of your Country's production of red wine and SWMBO boosts the economy of Marlborough in NZ.

DO NOT mention the cricket:(

Coopers Pale Ale. I hear our cricketers drink it. When they celebrate a win. Ergo - they consume a lot. :p

Edited by Pushka

Coopers Pale Ale. I hear our cricketers drink it. When they celebrate a win. Ergo - they consume a lot. :p

Coopers pale ale ? our cricketers wash their feet in it after an Ashes defeat. [emoji12]. Cant see much consumption in UK other than that [emoji41]

Think I will stick to the magnificent Shiraz from Oz and SWMBO will remain loyal to NZ Sauvignon Blanc.

I also have to say that i love Fosters [emoji7]

adverts[emoji41]

Edited by gcgold

Coopers pale ale ? our cricketers wash their feet in it after an Ashes defeat. [emoji12].

I was wondering why Coopers profits were up ;)

Agree about the NZ Marlborough wines but no Aussie would be seen drinking Fosters.

I was wondering why Coopers profits were up ;)

Agree about the NZ Marlborough wines but no Aussie would be seen drinking Fosters.

but the adverts are great [emoji41][emoji636]

(

I'm trying to remember some of them. Of the more well-known ones he often has Little Creatures Pale Ale, and sometimes some of the James Squire range. I think he's tried 4Pines recently and maybe RedOak. I rarely drink beer so I don't take much notice of them, there are so many interesting ones these days. Some of the NZ beers are really good too, Monteiths and Speights for example.

Mostly we drink wine though. I'll settle for a Pinot Noir from either NZ or Australia any day, although I won't say no to a good Burgundy if someone offers me one ;)

And Pushka is right, Aussies don't drink Fosters and Kiwis don't drink Steinlager, but at least we drink our beer at a decent temperature :p

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Once again, celebrity's crack web team has masterfully mangled reality.

If you recall, the old price for the premium package was $59 plus 15% gratuity. Celebrity then increased the gratuities to 18%....so the web team did the math for you....and decided to show that price $69.62 instead of the $59. Then they left the * after the now incorrect $69.62 and that *, of course, says gratuities will be added at checkout. Great...first they add the 18% in to the base price and then they say they are going to add another 18%..huh? So that was a mess...and it hasn't changed. Oh...the "from $70" was just rounding up the $69.62....it has nothing to do with the current price for the package. As bad as all that is, it's all wrong because the base price has gone from $59 to $65.

Net....the premium drink package prices on the web are wrong. The current price is $65 plus 18% gratuities....not $69.62 or "from $70" The classic drink package page, however, is correct...that price is $55 plus 18% gratuities. Hey, give them credit...at least they got one of the packages right....

Go back to your cruise....click on the premium drink package "from $70" box and the next page will show you the $69.62 * . I dread to think what you will pay if you actually select it and check out. I'm too much of a coward to even try.

Thank you for the clarification. We chose the Beverage Pkg as our perk and want to upgrade so we can try out the new World Bar. Glad to hear it is "only" $65 vs the almost $70 plus gratuities.

Thank you for the clarification. We chose the Beverage Pkg as our perk and want to upgrade so we can try out the new World Bar. Glad to hear it is "only" $65 vs the almost $70 plus gratuities.

Jean it is going to cost $10+1.80 grat= $11.80 per day, per person to upgrade. If yours is a 7 day sailing it will cost you $82.60 each.

Jean it is going to cost $10+1.80 grat= $11.80 per day, per person to upgrade. If yours is a 7 day sailing it will cost you $82.60 each.

Bizarrely CelX UK are charging less than the equivalent of $11.80 per day currently.

perhaps charging the Brits many $100's more than N Americans for cruises has pricked the corporate miami consciences ( yeah right [emoji12])

To celebrate I might just lash out on one of the $15 cocktails in the 'World Class' bar. To highlight my cynicism about the 'world class ' tag so bountiful these days. brazil 2014 england were said to have anumber of 'world class' players including rooney.

England were one if , if not the, worst teams and Rooney one of the worst players. Lets hope the Diageo offering is more like a German Football team [emoji41][emoji636]

Edited by gcgold

Interesting... I've just spoke to someone from celebrity and they said the 3 x $18 drinks at the new world bar are not included in ANY package so even with the premium package you still have to pay the full $18 to try them...

Interesting... I've just spoke to someone from celebrity and they said the 3 x $18 drinks at the new world bar are not included in ANY package so even with the premium package you still have to pay the full $18 to try them...

If that is indeed true, I will be very content with a massive consumption of the remaining 7 choices. ;)